NFL Hall Of Fame Denver's Broncos LB Karl Mecklenburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    How can I email the NFL HOF in order to Enshrine The Denver Bronco's very own Drafted The Real Deal Linebacker Karl Mecklenburg? How is it the Karl is not even in Yet? Us Denver Fans need to make some noise to make this happen.
    Dont bother,

The Hall is a complete joke.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post

Dont bother,

The Hall is a complete joke.
      People should always try to make their voices herd. The moment we as a society give up on that concept is bad for reason I can not go into because of the rules of these forums.
      Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

People should always try to make their voices herd. The moment we as a society give up on that concept is bad for reason I can not go into because of the rules of these forums.
        Thank You. I was first introduced to the Denver Broncos when I was 10 years old. The very 1st Player that I learned about was Karl when he was Destroying Players left and right and was at the Time a Key to that Denver Defense. I believe Karl lead that Defense to 4 Super Bowls. How Karl is not in the NFL HOF is just unreal. I really think both Randy and Karl Deserve to be in the NFL HOF time now. Yes sometimes the Squeaky The Wheel Gets The Oil. It is time the NFL HOF Open its Doors to Randy and Karl just long over due and If I can provide some traction just by talking about it Great However my Goal is to See Karl and Randy in so lets make it happen Denver Broncos Country let your voice be heard.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

Yep. Best defensive player on a team that went to the Super Bowl 3 out of 4 years.
          Thanks brother.
          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Yep. Best defensive player on a team that went to the Super Bowl 3 out of 4 years.
            He is one of the few that went to all three but there were some other good defensive players on those teams.

I am saying this to understand when saying he was the best there were some really good players to compare him against.
            Let's Ride!

Comment

He is one of the few that went to all three but there were some other good defensive players on those teams.

I am saying this to understand when saying he was the best there were some really good players to compare him against.
              Yep. Tom Jackson, Louis Wright, Mike Harden, Dennis, Smith, Steve Foley, Simon Fletcher, Rickey Hunley, Tyrone Braxton, Steve Atwater.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

You named a lot of my good memories but if I may add some

Rulon Jones. His playoff safety is still one of my earliest Bronco playoff memories as a youngin

Kreg Kragen. I remember him but actually did not remember how good he was. I think it was while I was researching trying to keep up with Sam in a forum discussion that I realized how good he was.

From the ones already listed...

Fletcher I think still holds an NFL sack record.

Atwater is a HoFer.

To say the Albino Rhino was the best player on those amazing defenses is saying a lot.
                Let's Ride!

Comment

Rulon Jones. His playoff safety is still one of my earliest Bronco playoff memories as a youngin

Kreg Kragen. I remember him but actually did not remember how good he was. I think it was while I was researching trying to keep up with Sam in a forum discussion that I realized how good he was.

Atwater is a HoFer.

To say the Albino Rhino was the best player on those amazing defenses is saying a lot.

Comment

Atwater is a HoFer.

Yes it is saying a lot. That's why he should be in the HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Yep. Tom Jackson, Louis Wright, Mike Harden, Dennis, Smith, Steve Foley, Simon Fletcher, Rickey Hunley, Tyrone Braxton, Steve Atwater.
                      Louis Wright, Steve Foley and Tom Jackson only played in one of the 3 Super Bowls I mentioned and were in the last season of their careers. Atwater also only played in one as a rookie. You can make a case vs Meck on their overall careers as Broncos but not for the period of 3 out of 4 Super Bowl era in the late 80s. Fletcher compares well in sacks but not against the run and never made a pro bowl (although he probably should have). Hunley was considered a bust by many and a case could be made Steve Busick was better. Braxton was a good player that made a number of big plays but he wasn't Meck.

IMO Dennis Smith and Rulon Jones are the two players that could be in a debate over our best defensive player for that era. Rulon won AFC D Player of the Year, which is impressive but his play dropped off quickly. Dennis Smith was as good as it gets. But I'm still taking Meck because he wrecked games in so many ways and played all front 7 positions well.

If you were drafting D players from that era who would you choose #1?

Comment

Louis Wright, Steve Foley and Tom Jackson only played in one of the 3 Super Bowls I mentioned and were in the last season of their careers. Atwater also only played in one as a rookie. You can make a case vs Meck on their overall careers as Broncos but not for the period of 3 out of 4 Super Bowl era in the late 80s. Fletcher compares well in sacks but not against the run and never made a pro bowl (although he probably should have). Hunley was considered a bust by many and a case could be made Steve Busick was better. Braxton was a good player that made a number of big plays but he wasn't Meck.

IMO Dennis Smith and Rulon Jones are the two players that could be in a debate over our best defensive player for that era. Rulon won AFC D Player of the Year, which is impressive but his play dropped off quickly. Dennis Smith was as good as it gets. But I'm still taking Meck because he wrecked games in so many ways and played all front 7 positions well.

If you were drafting D players from that era who would you choose #1?
                        I was responding to post number twenty.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

I was responding to post number twenty.
                          So? Post 20 was responding to my post, not that it matters on an open forum. You could have typed a name that answered my question and carried on a conversation about the Broncos in less time than it took you to type that post.

Comment

So? Post 20 was responding to my post, not that it matters on an open forum. You could have typed a name that answered my question and carried on a conversation about the Broncos in less time than it took you to type that post.
                            Sam and I are just appreciating all the good players on those defenses. It was really a great time to watch Bronco football.

I am also saying when looking at all of these All Pros, HoFer and imo great players it is saying something to the point I agree....the Albino Rhino was the best player on those three defenses.

Let's Ride!

Comment

Sorry, it's my granddaughter's birthday and I am driving her on some errands and she came out to go to the next one; just left it hanging. Apologies.

Joe Collier was a great DC, but Super Bowl XXII was a puzzle. Joe Gibbs' Counter Series was well-known (i.e., Counter Gap, Ace, Deuce, Trey) but Denver’s D couldn't stop it, especially Counter Trey. Was it Collier just not able to come up with a viable plan, or was it it Denver’s front seven just getting owned (especially Rulon Jones)?

Oops! Gotta go. Will check back later.
                              Last edited by samparnell; 04-21-2022, 06:33 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Check this out Randy Gradishar

https://predominantlyorange.com/2022...har-hall-fame/

Comment

Working...
                                X