Bolles presser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolles presser

I find a lot of his comments interesting. There are other things I like but not trying to turn this into another Wilson thread. What I like the most is how he handled a lot of the reporters baiting him into saying more than he should. Is it just me or has he evolved mentally since he has been here?

He did say something that will set people off. Will really set the people off who still harbor negative feelings to him. I wonder what the odds are we see negative responses first.?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVPLyGNzqVY

Last edited by Hadez; 04-17-2022, 06:29 AM.
    Let's Ride!

Just about everything is new for the Denver Broncos: New HC; new offense; nine new offensive coaches including O-Line; new DC; eight new defensive coaches; two new Special Teams coaches. We'll see how Garrett and the rest of the O-Line do with new coaches now that Mike Munchak is gone. Time to look ahead not backward.

I miss the days when when Denver's O-Line had a self-imposed gag rule on speaking to the sporting news media. They had their own kangaroo court and fined each other for infractions. Unfortunately the league won't allow that anymore.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I like when players talk to the media. I like how we are seeing more lower level coaches talk to the media.

Did really like how Alex Gibbs got the whole team involved in the blocking. Not just OL but from what I herd if a RB or WR missed an assignment even in practice they herd about it from Gibbs. Shoot Gibbs would get into Shanahan about not running the ball enough.

Have a feeling the play of that team and their pass/run pro was more about the coach than the not talking to the media tho I do wonder how much the no talking to the media had to do with his ability to coach. Setting rules down helps set the ground work for following other instructions. Not sure if that kind of harsh rules would work in today NFL. I mean the Pats made something pretty harsh work but they had Brady.

Still the reason why the people in the NFL make their money is because of the public interest and the media covering it. If they do not want to talk to the media maybe they should accept smaller pay.

NFL games are the last live thing I watch. Would be great to cut down that 4 hour game length.

Maybe the players and coaches plus everyone else should give up on talking to the media and the NFL should give up all of its TV contracts and say it does not need the media anymore. Then the live televised games would have a lot less commercials. Maybe we could get a game done closer to 1 hour than 4 hours. There will always be halftime, reviews and injuries. Maybe 2 hours a better goal. Still closer to 1 hour than 4 hours.
      Let's Ride!

Comment

I’m shocked the NFL stopped the kangaroo court / what a crime!
        Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

Bolles cap hit is almost as big as Wilson this year. I hope he has a great year.
          Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
            Bolles cap hit is almost as big as Wilson this year. I hope he has a great year.
            Yes, but that is the result of having only 5M last season so now they have the major salary cap hit. Also his dead cap is 29M due to low cap hits from the first contract year. He is scheduled to be 18M cap hit next season with just an 8M dead cap hit, and then 20M in 2024 with a 4M dead cap hit. He will need to perform this season or he could be a cap casualty next season... probably not though, there isn't an easy fix at LT if he is cut, no high draft pick to acquire a LT in 2023 draft.
            IMO, it doesn't typically pay off to sign a FA OT either - way too much money and history of not living up to the contract value.

Probably need to draft a couple of OT's this season and see if they develop just in case.
            sigpic

Comment

Barring unforeseen circumstances, Garrett Bolles will be the starting Left Tackle which position is normally well remunerated relative to other positions by NFL standards. He is the highest paid O-Lineman for the Denver Broncos.

The second highest paid Denver O-Lineman is Graham Glasgow whose $6.2 million salary will more than double next year, the last year of his contract. Will he even be in the starting five this year? We shall see.

Dalton Risner, Calvin Anderson, Billy Turner and Tom Compton are all in the final year of their contracts and are all paid about half or less of what Glasgow will make this year and two of them will probably be in the five. We'll see who gets re-signed.

Comment

Yes it will be very interesting to see where the OL goes.

Glasgow has the ability to play G and C which it seems the coaching values. Thing is if cutting him would have saved cap space I think we would have seriously considered it.
                Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                  Yes, but that is the result of having only 5M last season so now they have the major salary cap hit. Also his dead cap is 29M due to low cap hits from the first contract year. He is scheduled to be 18M cap hit next season with just an 8M dead cap hit, and then 20M in 2024 with a 4M dead cap hit. He will need to perform this season or he could be a cap casualty next season... probably not though, there isn't an easy fix at LT if he is cut, no high draft pick to acquire a LT in 2023 draft.
                  IMO, it doesn't typically pay off to sign a FA OT either - way too much money and history of not living up to the contract value.

Probably need to draft a couple of OT's this season and see if they develop just in case.
                  True this is the result of a lot of big contracts. For the player to have a low cap hit early years it means his cap hit will blow up eventually. Lots of examples of this.

Considering Denvers bad luck with OL I would rather pay Bolles than a free agent.

Not sure if we draft a OT high. I have been on that wagon for years but good point brought up is we may only carry 3 OTs and if we pick a OT in the 2nd or 3rd we probably need to carry him on the roster....who do we cut?
                  Let's Ride!

Comment

Denver has four guys with NFL starts at the Tackle position although Turner and Compton have played inside as well. Barring unforeseen circumstances, these four will be on the 53 man roster. Doubt if the Broncos will carry more than nine O-Linemen, so it is difficult to see where two rookie, drafted Tackles could be stashed so they won't be poached. It will be interesting to see what happens on day two and the beginning of day three to see which Tackles might be available at #s 64, 75, 96, 115 & 116. There was a rumor that Denver might acquire number 106 and create some room on the O-Line, but that is most likely typical pre-draft speculation.

Comment

True this is the result of a lot of big contracts. For the player to have a low cap hit early years it means his cap hit will blow up eventually. Lots of examples of this.

Considering Denvers bad luck with OL I would rather pay Bolles than a free agent.

Not sure if we draft a OT high. I have been on that wagon for years but good point brought up is we may only carry 3 OTs and if we pick a OT in the 2nd or 3rd we probably need to carry him on the roster....who do we cut?
                      I agree, I don't like the idea of a FA either. There has been bad luck with OT by more than the Broncos too.
                      I don't think a high draft pick this draft is in the cards (2nd round, probably not at 75 either) but maybe a late in the draft and see what they have. After thinking about it, 2 OTs probably would not work because of roster room but maybe practice squad to develop? It will be difficult to carry 4 OTs but it may be something that should be strongly considered... I have no idea who would be cut to make room, somebody would have to be versatile enough to be competitive at both G and OT... probably.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Denver has four guys with NFL starts at the Tackle position although Turner and Compton have played inside as well. Barring unforeseen circumstances, these four will be on the 53 man roster. Doubt if the Broncos will carry more than nine O-Linemen, so it is difficult to see where two rookie, drafted Tackles could be stashed so they won't be poached. It will be interesting to see what happens on day two and the beginning of day three to see which Tackles might be available at #s 64, 75, 96, 115 & 116. There was a rumor that Denver might acquire number 106 and create some room on the O-Line, but that is most likely typical pre-draft speculation.
                        Yes, you are correct, it would be difficult to keep even 1 rookie on the active roster. Maybe one later round and/or at 96, 115, 116 and see how well they compete and possible to stash on the PS? Have to hope the projected starters at OT play well and stay healthy since other options are minimal.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes it will be very interesting to see where the OL goes.

Glasgow has the ability to play G and C which it seems the coaching values. Thing is if cutting him would have saved cap space I think we would have seriously considered it.
                          I think his current deal is restructured which is why it is so much more next year.

Comment

I agree, I don't like the idea of a FA either. There has been bad luck with OT by more than the Broncos too.
                            I don't think a high draft pick this draft is in the cards (2nd round, probably not at 75 either) but maybe a late in the draft and see what they have. After thinking about it, 2 OTs probably would not work because of roster room but maybe practice squad to develop? It will be difficult to carry 4 OTs but it may be something that should be strongly considered... I have no idea who would be cut to make room, somebody would have to be versatile enough to be competitive at both G and OT... probably.
                            New HC, OC and O-Line coaches with two new veteran linemen to fit into the puzzle. Munchak had done some shuffling, but his input is gone and the new coaches will look at their guys differently and will inevitably do their own shuffling. Only Cushenberry and Glasgow have NFL snaps at C. Meinerz had snaps at C in preseason last year and Risner played C his redshirt freshman year at K-State. Compton and Turner have played inside as well as at T. Risner was first team All Big XII RT at K-State his last three years there and first team All American his senior year. Meinerz and Muti are inside guys. Anderson has proven he is a good game day Swing Tackle. That's nine guys.

Comment

Yes, you are correct, it would be difficult to keep even 1 rookie on the active roster. Maybe one later round and/or at 96, 115, 116 and see how well they compete and possible to stash on the PS? Have to hope the projected starters at OT play well and stay healthy since other options are minimal.
                              Denver still has Bailey, Himmelman, Johnson and Tucker for third/second team O in TC, but any of them could be cut in the event Paton acquires better looking prospects either drafted or signed as UDFAs.

Comment

Working...
                              X