Bolles presser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

New HC, OC and O-Line coaches with two new veteran linemen to fit into the puzzle. Munchak had done some shuffling, but his input is gone and the new coaches will look at their guys differently and will inevitably do their own shuffling. Only Cushenberry and Glasgow have NFL snaps at C. Meinerz had snaps at C in preseason last year and Risner played C his redshirt freshman year at K-State. Compton and Turner have played inside as well as at T. Risner was first team All Big XII RT at K-State his last three years there and first team All American his senior year. Meinerz and Muti are inside guys. Anderson has proven he is a good game day Swing Tackle. That's nine guys.
    OK, so you're saying they don't need anymore OT help/competition. That leaves some draft picks to use otherwise; I'm good with that.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post

OK, so you're saying they don't need anymore OT help/competition. That leaves some draft picks to use otherwise; I'm good with that.
      It seems that way on paper. The guys are in Dove Valley lifting, running and doing some non-contact drills. The new coaching staff and FO are keeping tabs on the sixty-seven guys they have now. We'll see what happens in the draft. That plus what happens in Spring Practice will give some clues. Seems like only Bolles and Meinerz are early locks for the five. After that, we'll see how it goes.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post

I think between Wilson and Javonte Paton has shown if there is someone there he will get him.

Thing is people get so focused on Bronco issues not sure if they realize a lot of other teams had worse OL then we did. Not sure if we see any good OL in a spot we willing to get them day in the first couple days.

Who knows tho it has been one heck of a crazy offseason so far.
        Let's Ride!

Comment

The Oline may look solid and not needing any draft help to us but they sure had a lot of olinemen in for visits for a team not interested in drafting one.

Also seem to be a lot of articles or comments of trading or cost cutting some Olinemen over the past few weeks.

We will see next weekend. I am loving how Paton has the roster/draft set up. He has a lot of flexibility to do multiple things. He can be aggressive and target specific players the coaches love or wait and see who slips. I would not be shocked to see one being Oline if the “right” guy is on the board.

Comment

So what did he say that was supposed to rile people up, besides screwing up Broncos Country?
            Last edited by broncolee; 04-23-2022, 02:01 AM.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I think offensive line will look very different in two weeks. Cushenberry may get traded. Broncos can't afford a lame OL this year. We don't want to be last year's Seahawks.

Comment

Originally posted by welderhead View Post
                I think offensive line will look very different in two weeks. Cushenberry may get traded. Broncos can't afford a lame OL this year. We don't want to be last year's Seahawks.
                It seems hard these days to delineate sports reporting, rumor, spreading rumor and generating rumor. Like you, I've seen the rumor about trading Lloyd Cushenberry either to Jacksonville for their fourth round pick or to Cincinnati to be reunited with Joe Burrow. Have also seen the rumors about Paton trading Jerry Jeudy and Dalton Risner and cutting Netane Muti. Guys who write this stuff don't use footnotes and bibliography or even links most of the time, so until it happens, it's just a thought.

As far as the O-Line is concerned, Nate Hackett has said the base rushing attack will be based on Outside Zone which sounds like what Alex Gibbs called Wide Zone. That calls for a certain type of O-Lineman who can play a certain way consistently. Denver's new O-Line coaches, Butch Barry and Ben Steele, come from San Francisco and Minnesota in the Shanahan/Kubiak loop which is familiar to Denver Bronco fans.

Cushenberry might be better in a predominantly zone rushing attack rather than one with a lot of angle blocks. Risner has played G in Denver, a position he didn't play at K-State. Billy Turner came from Green Bay where he was with Hackett and Tom Compton came from San Francisco where he was with Butch Barry and Orlando Franklin. Both Turner and Compton can play inside/outside, but Turner is most likely RT.

If Cushenberry was traded, Graham Glasgow is the only other Denver O-Lineman with NFL snaps at C, and one may reasonably assume he would start there given he is the second highest paid O-Lineman. Quinn Meinerz was repped at C last year in TC/Preseason, but ended up as the starting RG after Glasgow was injured. Hackett recently stated Meinerz would start at RG, so Bolles and Meinerz seem to be locks for the five.

Dalton Risner played C at K-State his redshirt sophomore season and RT his next three years. He, Muti and Compton will try to practice/play their way into the starting five at some spot, but if Dalton and/or Muti are traded/cut, that would certainly make room for rookies via the draft, although they would be of questionable quality with no experience. If Paton trades Cushenberry and/or Risner and Muti fails to make the roster, the O-Line will be very different indeed.

On the one hand, Paton could trade several players to get extra draft capital this year and/or next, but he seems to be building a team to make a serious playoff run which requires quality depth. It is somewhat of a dilemma and it will be interesting to see what he does.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I figured (perhaps naively) Denver would not whole sale dump their OL personnel because of scheme - for the sole purpose of not screwing RW - I’ll be watching draft night(s) a little more closely than I thought
                  Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

Good presser by Bolles. I could care less about slipping up with Broncos ‘nation’. The next step for Bolles is not making mistakes/penalties in critical situations in big games. He struggled down the stretch last season in critical moments.

Comment

Working...
                    X