X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: Melvin Gordon to sign back with the Broncos

I've been seeing this on a few boards.
    Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

I don't know if it's true but there was a Twitter post about it from Ian Rapoport. I find myself hoping that they still draft one of the really good looking RB's late this year to supplant Boone.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1519142087656042496

RB Melvin Gordon is re-signing with Denver, as the two sides have agreed to terms on a 1-year deal worth up to $5M, source said. A key move before the draft.

Comment

Deal is reportedly one year up to $5Mill

Comment

What will it take to get rid of this drunk driving fumbling machine? *** ****.
        Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

This is exactly what I was expecting him to sign for if we got him back. 1 year, 5M. The guys who think Boone was signed to be more than RB3 might be a little disappointed though.

Comment

Interesting move if true.

Did not see them re- signing him. Especially for $5m a yr. Wonder what the base is? And what incentives make up the “up to” in the deal?

Don’t hate it. But I was preferring drafting a RB to share the load.

Comment

They could still draft a RB and release or trade Boone.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
                They could still draft a RB and release or trade Boone.
                Certainly could. So many options available. Can’t wait to see how Paton handles this draft.

A RB is now likely a late round pick though. Maybe even an UDFA to hide on the practice squad.

The rookie will need to have STs skills. Wasn’t that a strength of Boone? Any RB3 should be on STs.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

Certainly could. So many options available. Can’t wait to see how Paton handles this draft.

A RB is now likely a late round pick though. Maybe even an UDFA to hide on the practice squad.

The rookie will need to have STs skills. Wasn’t that a strength of Boone? Any RB3 should be on STs.

Yeah, as I recall he played special teams in Minny. I wanted a RB in the 4th, looks like a sweet spot to me.

Comment

I like the decision to bring Gordon back. Sure, I wanted James Cook in the 3rd but we can’t underestimate the value of a veteran with the pass protection skills and smarts that Gordon has.

Plus, Gordon’s skillset and tools make him a more natural fit for outside zone than Williams— who is still fairly raw in terms of his vision and patience.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                      I'm guessing 1 more season but at this point...

Click image for larger version

Name:	96w.gif
Views:	388
Size:	2.30 MB
ID:	8414609

Click image for larger version  Name:	IDKJim-Carrey.gif Views:	0 Size:	3.75 MB ID:	8414606
                      Last edited by Mel B.; 04-27-2022, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Gordon returning is fine. Gives us one of the really good tandems in the league, so lets give Russ all the weapons we can for this year's playoff run.

But I do believe Williams needs to be our lead back. He's ready.

And next year we go find another stud in the draft, even if it's a mid round selection.

Comment

An incentive filled contract would make sense. We want to leave some cap room in case we need it. Like the idea of Gordon coming back but we still need to draft a RB by rd 4 imo.

Regardless I want Javonte to get most of the snaps. He was by far the best RB we had at pass pro last year and he just keeps getting better as all around RB. Imo he has the skills to be the best RB in the NFL. Need more RBs to keep Javonte fresh for the playoff run.
                          Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                            Everyone deserves a second chance however, with regard to the fumbling issue, I still can't forgive him for last season's screw up where KC ran it back for a TD.

Comment

I'm not excited by this. He's got some talent, but also a proven track record of fumbling at the worst possible time. Didn't he kill our chance of beating the chiefs with a late game red zone fumble last year in one of Lock's starts?

Comment

Working...
                              X