New Owner = New Stadium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Owner = New Stadium?

So recently, talk has been going around in Denver about new owners, more specifically, a new stadium for if/when the new owner buys the team. What are everyone's thoughts on this? If a new Stadium plan is in the works, where would you want the new location to be? Do you even WANT a new stadium?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkToqtIh6Nc

Link above is from Denver7. I do agree with the lady Broncos fan at Empower Field, and I think it would honestly be for the best if Rob Walton buys the team. He has the resources to build a stadium himself.

IMO a new stadium is inevitable. A new owner is not spending $4.5 Billion and not expecting a return on his investment. TV revenue is not enough. They will want to show off a new stadium and host a Super Bowl within 5 yrs. Big money = Big egos = Big Vision

More then likely it will be a massive development. Think a destination spot not just a stadium. Think restaurants, bars, businesses, luxury apartments, maybe even a full mall and surrounding neighborhoods. The stadium itself will need to rival Dallas and LA.

Now think about the land it takes to accomplish this. Out near DIA? South West Denver/ Parker? Maybe North Denver to draw from Boulder?

Taxpayers will take on a portion. If not the actual cost of the development project it will come in free land or tax breaks. Or the cost of the infrastructure to support the new development. (roads, utilities, public transit connections, etc?)

Maybe I'm way off base and too much of a cynic. Maybe the new owner just wants an NFL team for the love of the game.

We will see. My advice, get ready and buckle your seatbelts.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
      IMO a new stadium is inevitable. A new owner is not spending $4.5 Billion and not expecting a return on his investment. TV revenue is not enough. They will want to show off a new stadium and host a Super Bowl within 5 yrs. Big money = Big egos = Big Vision

More then likely it will be a massive development. Think a destination spot not just a stadium. Think restaurants, bars, businesses, luxury apartments, maybe even a full mall and surrounding neighborhoods. The stadium itself will need to rival Dallas and LA.

Now think about the land it takes to accomplish this. Out near DIA? South West Denver/ Parker? Maybe North Denver to draw from Boulder?

Taxpayers will take on a portion. If not the actual cost of the development project it will come in free land or tax breaks. Or the cost of the infrastructure to support the new development. (roads, utilities, public transit connections, etc?)

Maybe I'm way off base and too much of a cynic. Maybe the new owner just wants an NFL team for the love of the game.

Hopefully the new owners makes a steel structure like the old stadium.

Comment

Bring back the Mile High noise!!

The current stadium took that away.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I do remember the old Mile High being like a large High School stadium. It kind of look like it was built with an erector set (go google it I know a lot of posters have no idea what an erector set is, they were actually even before my time). Not sure if it was safe by today standards but it was insanely loud.

Not sure if these kinds of builds would be allowed but that would be my prime goal of a new stadium.

Another interesting thing I have seen if we are forced away from this is building a stadium in the ground. SoFi stadium is below the ground below the upper level of sets. This probably cost more and I think SoFi stadium was forced to do this as it is in the jet pathway to LAX international airport. A stadium in the ground (including the upper level) would probably be pretty loud imo.
          Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
            I do remember the old Mile High being like a large High School stadium. It kind of look like it was built with an erector set (go google it I know a lot of posters have no idea what an erector set is, they were actually even before my time). Not sure if it was safe by today standards but it was insanely loud.

Not sure if these kinds of builds would be allowed but that would be my prime goal of a new stadium.

Another interesting thing I have seen if we are forced away from this is building a stadium in the ground. SoFi stadium is below the ground below the upper level of sets. This probably cost more and I think SoFi stadium was forced to do this as it is in the jet pathway to LAX international airport. A stadium in the ground (including the upper level) would probably be pretty loud imo.
            They are allowed. Large reason why Seahawks stadium is so loud is due to being a steel structure. The problem with steel structures is they cost more than a pre-cast structure like the Broncos current stadium

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus View Post
              They are allowed. Large reason why Seahawks stadium is so loud is due to being a steel structure. The problem with steel structures is they cost more than a pre-cast structure like the Broncos current stadium
              Another factor in why the Seahawks stadium is so loud are the sound reflectors that contain the crowd noice and basically bounces it back onto the field. This was a specific design request by the owner when they built it.

My guess is any Bronco stadium being built will be enclosed. Retractable?

Have to be prepared for January cold spells and SBs. Not to mention concerts or events held all winter.

Comment

Another factor in why the Seahawks stadium is so loud are the sound reflectors that contain the crowd noice and basically bounces it back onto the field. This was a specific design request by the owner when they built it.

My guess is any Bronco stadium being built will be enclosed. Retractable?

Have to be prepared for January cold spells and SBs. Not to mention concerts or events held all winter.
                My vote is for a retractable roof stadium. Something's wrong when New York - Jersey, actually - can get a SB when Colorado's typically sunny winter climate can't get a SB nod.

Comment

I think it would be ridiculous if any public money, ie taxpayer is invested in such a massive private enterprise. If it's private they assume the profits, but they should also assume all costs and risks. It does not serve the public, and it's not a service. So there shouldn't even be a cent of public money in such an enterprise. But obviously, they are going to put in the money like always, which is such a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by aditheman View Post

I think it would be ridiculous if any public money, ie taxpayer is invested in such a massive private enterprise. If it's private they assume the profits, but they should also assume all costs and risks. It does not serve the public, and it's not a service. So there shouldn't even be a cent of public money in such an enterprise. But obviously, they are going to put in the money like always, which is such a shame.
                    While I agree in principle that NFL owners should build their own stadiums, most cities obviously feel it’s worth it to at least help fund a stadium.
                    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                    You Mad Bro?
                    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I actually love our current stadium and will be sad to see it go.
                      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Lets not forget the tax payers did get a reward for spending millions. Yes, 1/2 price seat tickets each season.

Comment

Please, not a Walton! I really don't care about anything else at this point. I still prefer old Mile High, so if they want to replace this one (what ever its called this week), fine.
                          Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncojuan View Post
                            Please, not a Walton! I really don't care about anything else at this point. I still prefer old Mile High, so if they want to replace this one (what ever its called this week), fine.
                            Not understanding why not a Walton ? Its not as if he will take the field, I believe he is smarter than the average Bear, and has a great business mind.

As for bears stadium, the original field that the broncos played on. After the movable east stands were completed, I would say the noise level was increased 10X. Besides the Altitude the Fans gave the team a true home field advantage. As we may reminisce about the past, I believe we are moving into a new Era of winning going forward. At least I see it that way. Go BRONCOS.

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                              I actually love our current stadium and will be sad to see it go.
                              Not me to much wine and cheese non football fans I encountered there. The OLD Mile High Stadium is where it was at !!

Comment

Working...
                              X