No announcement yet.

New Owner = New Stadium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard Magic Johnson is interested in part ownership of the Broncos. Yes, no, maybe?
    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
      I heard Magic Johnson is interested in part ownership of the Broncos. Yes, no, maybe?
      I don't really care who buys the team so long as they don't move them out of Colorado.

Comment

Walton could pay for The Broncos with his pocket change, and that's fine. Whether he or another group gets the call, is it important to build a new stadium right away? Hey, I was there about 8 years ago and the stadium seemed good to me. Besides, if Deep Pockets becomes owner, he can build a new stadium any time.

Comment

Originally posted by colowoz01 View Post

Not understanding why not a Walton ? Its not as if he will take the field, I believe he is smarter than the average Bear, and has a great business mind.

As for bears stadium, the original field that the broncos played on. After the movable east stands were completed, I would say the noise level was increased 10X. Besides the Altitude the Fans gave the team a true home field advantage. As we may reminisce about the past, I believe we are moving into a new Era of winning going forward. At least I see it that way. Go BRONCOS.
          I refuse to knowingly support anybody in that family. My reasons are my own, and anything I have to say about them will get me kicked. I haven't shopped at their stores in more than 25 years. The idea of one getting ahold of the broncos makes me want to puke.
          Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncojuan View Post

I refuse to knowingly support anybody in that family. My reasons are my own, and anything I have to say about them will get me kicked. I haven't shopped at their stores in more than 25 years. The idea of one getting ahold of the broncos makes me want to puke.
            That’s fine - everyone has their thing via experience - what’s important to me is he appears to like CO as more than a transient interest - he has placed and family and is likely to settle down - I would be heart broken if someone moved the team - so I’m looking for someone to keep them HOME!
            Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

I choose to think any multi billionaire owner considering building a couple billion dollar stadium for his new toy (business venture) is not thinking about moving it any time soon.

At least for a little while anyways. I just hope he chooses to build the stadium with minimal public funds. When the owners and voters start bickering is when owners start looking for a city that will pay. Can’t imagine the Broncos ever leaving Denver or the League allowing it, but crazier stuff has happened with franchises.

Comment

I think when tax payers pay for a stadium it should be written into a long term unbreakable lease that the tax payers (city/county/state whatever) get benefits from the stadium. I do not think the sole benefit should be having a new stadium. The stadium will not only generate revenue which could help schools and police/fire department but imo the team should be committed to doing things that will help the community directly.

I think the Broncos seem to do right by the community but I do not think every NFL team does as much. I do think it should be part of the agreement and legally binding. If Owners do not want to share the revenue with the community than they can pay for it all themselves just like they want to keep the revenue all for themselves.
                Let's Ride!

Comment

I wonder how much the new development plan that Kroenke submitted to completely overhaul the area around Ball Arena and removing Elitch Gardens can effect any new Bronco stadium plans.

It looks like the proposal adds businesses, housing and green spaces that links the stadium all the way to Coors field. And expands the skyline from the River Mile development to the Auraria Campus.

Worth taking a look at the proposed future of downtown Denver. Just plans submitted for now but it would be interesting to see how the financial expectations of the city and residents are outlined. Infrastructure? Tax breaks? Bond measures increasing taxes?

Have to wonder how much collaboration between Kroenke and Walton has already occurred during” informal” meetings. Maybe even some in-law rivalry? Big money, big plans, and big egos can get costly very quickly.

If a new stadium is built, will it be any less spectacular or expensive then SoFi Stadium?

Comment

If Denver ever wants a Super Bowl they will need to at least have a retractable roof.
                    sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Not sure why but the thought of an enclosed stadium in Denver makes me sad...

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
                        Not sure why but the thought of an enclosed stadium in Denver makes me sad...
                        Me, too, but a retractable roof might be tolerable.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
                          If Denver ever wants a Super Bowl they will need to at least have a retractable roof.
                          They piss and moan enough they could maybe get a Super Bowl. Ugly ass Metlife did in 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

Not me to much wine and cheese non football fans I encountered there. The OLD Mile High Stadium is where it was at !!
                            Those days are long. The stadium is a reflection of society, rules, political correctness, rat on the guy next to you drinking too much, call the hot-line etc...
                            The days of seeing fights in the south stands beer dumped on a Raider fans, food thrown, topless women and craziness are no longer in existence and won't
                            be present at any stadium in the future. The NFL is the inverse of everything that made the old mile high stadium a crazy fun environment and it aint coming back.

Comment

I would love a retractable roof stadium.

I think all NFL stadiums should have retractable roofs.

Comment

Well it looks like things are getting really serious, though I am surprised not to see some of the groupings we had heard about a while back, including the former players. Maybe some are less directly affiliated though involved financially. Whatever.

I guess I was hoping for owners who really know the game, but good owners do not have to be former players. They have to be good owners.

Comment

Working...
                                X