New Owner = New Stadium?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Well it looks like things are getting really serious, though I am surprised not to see some of the groupings we had heard about a while back, including the former players. Maybe some are less directly affiliated though involved financially. Whatever.

I guess I was hoping for owners who really know the game, but good owners do not have to be former players. They have to be good owners.
    Usually at this level its a scary proposition to get a Jerry Jones or Daniel Snyder that think they know the game - always shadowing the GM and staff. As long as the owner has deep pockets and wants to win I'll welcome whoever it is. Kinda hoping its the Walton's who have league connections and flexibility to make acquisitions and do what's right for the team. I get some don't like him but he employs tons of people and provides a service, if people don't like it they can go elsewhere. You're right though the player angle has been diffused since the real money and bidding has begun.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoJef View Post

Usually at this level its a scary proposition to get a Jerry Jones or Daniel Snyder that think they know the game - always shadowing the GM and staff. As long as the owner has deep pockets and wants to win I'll welcome whoever it is. Kinda hoping its the Walton's who have league connections and flexibility to make acquisitions and do what's right for the team. I get some don't like him but he employs tons of people and provides a service, if people don't like it they can go elsewhere. You're right though the player angle has been diffused since the real money and bidding has begun.
      Yeah I may not be sure about The Waltons, or even some f the others, BUT.....I do not want micro managers at that level. Yes, micro all you want if it's to do with financial accountability, or stadium planning, or growing the business, etc., but let the football folks do their job. I did not mind the thought of The Mannings, because they are successful people who attract business.

When the smoke clears, I want ownership that knows business, and allows the management/coaches to do the job they were hired to do. The aligned goal is to win Super Bowls, among other things, and that is better accomplished with good people at every level of the organization.

Comment

Folks,

You are way off. The whole plan is for the new owner to buy the team and move it to South Texas( San Antonio- Austin) the taxes are too high in your state(no state taxes in TX) and South Texas has been waiting for an NFL team. The Broncos are a perfect match for South Texas. The new owner has ties to Texas and the South. The Texas Broncos even sound good. The Bronco fans in the North should prepare themselves for a Bronco relocation, heck even
        your great Coors beer has sold out to the Las Vegas RaidersClick image for larger version  Name:	download.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.2 KB ID:	8417752. Coors Light with a Vegas Raider logo on it? That is a no-no!!

Texas Broncos 2023!!!

BTW

I refuse to buy anything Coors with that logo on it.

Hopefully, the Texas Broncos will be sponsored by the great Lone Star beer.

Click image for larger version  Name:	download (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.1 KB ID:	8417753
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Austinbroncos; 06-02-2022, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Austinbroncos View Post
          Folks,

You are way off. The whole plan is for the new owner to buy the team and move it to South Texas( San Antonio- Austin) the taxes are too high in your state and South Texas has been waiting for an NFL team. The Broncos are a perfect match for South Texas. The new owner has ties to Texas and the South. The Texas Broncos even sound good. The Bronco fans in the North should prepare themselves for a Bronco relocation, heck even
          your great Coors beer has sold out to the Las Vegas RaidersClick image for larger version Name:	download.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.2 KB ID:	8417752. Coors Light with a Vegas Raider logo on it? That is a no-no!!

Texas Broncos 2023!!!

BTW

Click image for larger version Name:	download (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.1 KB ID:	8417753
          The logo looks cool, and it's kinda not a bad idea, but it also made me kind of feel sick, and I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth.

Comment

Folks,

You are way off. The whole plan is for the new owner to buy the team and move it to South Texas( San Antonio- Austin) the taxes are too high in your state(no state taxes in TX) and South Texas has been waiting for an NFL team. The Broncos are a perfect match for South Texas. The new owner has ties to Texas and the South. The Texas Broncos even sound good. The Bronco fans in the North should prepare themselves for a Bronco relocation, heck even
            your great Coors beer has sold out to the Las Vegas RaidersClick image for larger version Name:	download.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.2 KB ID:	8417752. Coors Light with a Vegas Raider logo on it? That is a no-no!!

Texas Broncos 2023!!!

BTW

Click image for larger version Name:	download (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.1 KB ID:	8417753

Do you have a link?
            Last edited by samparnell; 06-03-2022, 09:31 AM.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Folks,

Texas Broncos 2023!!!

BTW

Ok......now I get it. This does prove that even the most misguided stories are BIGGER in Texas.

Comment

Haha. No-one is going to move the Broncos out of Denver.

Comment

Can the Chargers go to San Antonio and the Broncos come to Los Angeles?

Ok setting aside my personal interests....no way the Broncos leaving Colorado. Pretty sure the NFL would block this even if an Owner wanted to. Pretty sure no owner would want to.

The Charger story will have owners thinking twice about moving their teams imo. Maybe not the Raiders but other owners.
                  Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                    Can the Chargers go to San Antonio and the Broncos come to Los Angeles?

Ok setting aside my personal interests....no way the Broncos leaving Colorado. Pretty sure the NFL would block this even if an Owner wanted to. Pretty sure no owner would want to.

The Charger story will have owners thinking twice about moving their teams imo. Maybe not the Raiders but other owners.
                    Have seen articles stating reasons why a new owner would not move the Broncos out of Denver. Have seen articles in the past few years about rumors of other NFL teams moving to Texas, but none that I can recall about the Broncos moving there. This year there was a rumor about the Bills moving to Austin, and I think that might be the most recent speculation. Don't know if the Alamodome would be considered an adequate facility by NFL standards. UTSA plays there. Don't see UT sharing Darrell K Royal Texas Memorial Stadium with an NFL team. Not inclined to put much credence in Austinbroncos' rumor unless he can provide some substance.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Folks,

Texas Broncos 2023!!!

BTW

Hm I'm sure you mean well but I'm used to the Denver broncos that would be a huge deal if the team got moved from Denver. It's their home it's their roots I don't want that team to ever leave Denver if I had my way about it. Not knocking your post or idea I just prefer the team remain in Denver.
                      :go:

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Have seen articles stating reasons why a new owner would not move the Broncos out of Denver. Have seen articles in the past few years about rumors of other NFL teams moving to Texas, but none that I can recall about the Broncos moving there. This year there was a rumor about the Bills moving to Austin, and I think that might be the most recent speculation. Don't know if the Alamodome would be considered an adequate facility by NFL standards. UTSA plays there. Don't see UT sharing Darrell K Royal Texas Memorial Stadium with an NFL team. Not inclined to put much credence in Austinbroncos' rumor unless he can provide some substance.
                        I am painting a very broad brush here and each situation has its own details but imo most rumors involving a team moving have to do with a team trying to get a new stadium.
                        Let's Ride!

Comment

Well, we may not have to wait too much longer on who the owner of the Broncos is.

Comment

Broncos' ownership bids due by 3 p.m. Monday

Groups led by Walton, Harris, Feliciano and Ishbia are expected to place bids. The winner could be known within a week or two.

More details here:

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...5-7320cf640420

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Sounds like Walton will win the bid-
                              I wasn't thrilled with the possibility, but I am ok with it now. I imagine a bright new shiny stadium will be included at some point.
                              I just hope he loves the franchise and not just the idea of owning one.

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                                Sounds like Walton will win the bid-
                                I wasn't thrilled with the possibility, but I am ok with it now. I imagine a bright new shiny stadium will be included at some point.
                                I just hope he loves the franchise and not just the idea of owning one.
                                When the Broncos do decide to build a new stadium, it would be nice to see it built on the Southwestern side of Denver,
                                where it might also draw from the Colorado Springs area (Colorado's 2nd largest city). Also closer to the 3rd largest Colorado city of Pueblo.
                                Moving closer to the mountains might also add to the elevation and give the Broncos that extra kicking ummmphhh, and just maybe,
                                the additional reverberation of a mountain echo for the 12th man factor that the great Bronco fan base could create !!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X