Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Owner = New Stadium?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Apparently Pat's brother - John Bowlen, before taxes and fees stands to make over a $billion in this deal. And there's a whole lot more money to be spread around the rest of the family.

    Comment


    • #47
      Stan Kroenke supposedly owns about 1/4 of the real estate in Denver, and now that our team owners are in-laws I could see Rob Walton purchasing some prime real estate in a good location for a new stadium. I hope it's a good one.
      :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by mark222b View Post

        When the Broncos do decide to build a new stadium, it would be nice to see it built on the Southwestern side of Denver,
        where it might also draw from the Colorado Springs area (Colorado's 2nd largest city). Also closer to the 3rd largest Colorado city of Pueblo.
        Moving closer to the mountains might also add to the elevation and give the Broncos that extra kicking ummmphhh, and just maybe,
        the additional reverberation of a mountain echo for the 12th man factor that the great Bronco fan base could create !!!!!!
        Like over between Chatfield and Morrison off of 470?
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by samparnell View Post

          Like over between Chatfield and Morrison off of 470?
          I hope not! 470 is already a nightmare with traffic. Adding the massive development likely included with a new stadium would be horrible.

          JMO but I am thinking more of a Eastern side of town. Think DIA vicinity. Using that corridor of Parker to Thornton seems more likely.
          Downtown has too many land limitations and political nightmares to navigate.

          I still think any new state of the art stadium is going to include a massive development around it. Hotels, commercial property, businesses, luxury and low income apartments, parks, maybe even new single family housing developments. Then add all the infrastructure needed like malls, markets, schools, medical, shopping, etc. It will take a lot to get a return on the initial $4.6 billion investment.

          This is a huge step for the Broncos to solidify ownership. If they are committed to winning, they have the potential to be the Dodgers/ Yankees of the NFL. I am thrilled as a Bronco fan.

          But it will be interesting when the other shoe drops and the realities of public funds will be needed to build a new stadium. How will Denver/ Colorado residents feel about any new taxes or bonds being added? My guess not a very popular idea to many.

          I’m just going to enjoy the ride before it gets too bumpy.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Austinbroncos View Post
            Folks,

            You are way off. The whole plan is for the new owner to buy the team and move it to South Texas( San Antonio- Austin) the taxes are too high in your state(no state taxes in TX) and South Texas has been waiting for an NFL team. The Broncos are a perfect match for South Texas. The new owner has ties to Texas and the South. The Texas Broncos even sound good. The Bronco fans in the North should prepare themselves for a Bronco relocation, heck even
            your great Coors beer has sold out to the Las Vegas RaidersClick image for larger version Name:	download.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.2 KB ID:	8417752. Coors Light with a Vegas Raider logo on it? That is a no-no!!

            Texas Broncos 2023!!!

            BTW

            I refuse to buy anything Coors with that logo on it.

            Hopefully, the Texas Broncos will be sponsored by the great Lone Star beer.

            Click image for larger version Name:	download (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.1 KB ID:	8417753
            Not sure if you’re being serious or not, but the Broncos will not be leaving Colorado. A new stadium doesn’t even really need to be built as the current one is still useable and if I’m not mistaken was being upgraded in order to be considered to host the 2026 World Cup.

            I’m sure a new stadium will be built at some point, likely around the time Empower loses the naming rights to the stadium whether they’re bought out by Walmart or it goes the full term of the contract in 2039. Either way we now have the richest owner, I doubt he’s worried about taxes on a stadium that will most definitely pay itself off. Denver has still sold out every home game since the current stadium was built and will continue to do so. That might not be the case in Texas where many are already Cowboys fans with some odd Texans fans mixed in.

            Comment


            • #51
              Let's not forget the World cup in 2026. if we get a new stadium, we will get at least a group to play in Denver.

              Comment


              • #52
                Collectively this is the best year (and a bit) The Broncos have had since The SB, without question. Perhaps one of the best years in a much longer timeframe, pending the results on the field.

                For me it started with Paton becoming the GM. Then the coaching changes. Then Russ Wilson. Then new owners with deep pockets and solid business know how.

                Each component is very important, and combined, I am very encouraged......and well beyond the short term.



                Comment


                • #53
                  Is it just me, or does Empower Field at Mile High still feel fairly "new"? It's only been there for about 20 years and it doesn't look or feel like an outdated piece of crap. Consider that Mile High Stadium (formerly Bears Stadium) was in service for more than fifty years!

                  Do the Broncos really need a new stadium with a fancy store and hotel megaplex attachment like Kroenke's in Inglewood?

                  Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by L.M. View Post
                    Is it just me, or does Empower Field at Mile High still feel fairly "new"? It's only been there for about 20 years and it doesn't look or feel like an outdated piece of crap. Consider that Mile High Stadium (formerly Bears Stadium) was in service for more than fifty years!

                    Do the Broncos really need a new stadium with a fancy store and hotel megaplex attachment like Kroenke's in Inglewood?
                    I've been wondering the same thing. It seems like stadiums have very short shelf lives these days.

                    We were there to see Manning and the team rack up points, and I really liked the stadium.

                    It's like these real estate types who tear down interesting homes without a thought. I know, there's money to be made in real estate, but is it really a big priority here?

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                      I've been wondering the same thing. It seems like stadiums have very short shelf lives these days.

                      We were there to see Manning and the team rack up points, and I really liked the stadium.

                      It's like these real estate types who tear down interesting homes without a thought. I know, there's money to be made in real estate, but is it really a big priority here?
                      You are delusional if you think current Mile High is “good enough and still usable”.

                      Denver is going to get a new stadium and surrounding developments. It will rival the last few built in LA, Vegas, Dallas and Santa Clara (40 miles from SF).

                      Walton and Co. didn’t just drop $4.6billion for the team and likely another couple billion invested in a new Denver (and surrounding area) stadium without a plan for getting that money back.

                      Going to be interesting to see where they plan it and how Denver / Colorado reacts to the plans. Big money has big egos that have big ideas.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

                        You are delusional if you think current Mile High is “good enough and still usable”.

                        Denver is going to get a new stadium and surrounding developments. It will rival the last few built in LA, Vegas, Dallas and Santa Clara (40 miles from SF).

                        Walton and Co. didn’t just drop $4.6billion for the team and likely another couple billion invested in a new Denver (and surrounding area) stadium without a plan for getting that money back.

                        Going to be interesting to see where they plan it and how Denver / Colorado reacts to the plans. Big money has big egos that have big ideas.
                        The complex will be a showcase of the West. Walton is the richest owner in the NFL and you can bet absolutely nothing will match the plans he likely develops. This is exactly what acquiring a deep pocketed owner brings to the community and to our team.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

                          You are delusional if you think current Mile High is “good enough and still usable”.

                          Denver is going to get a new stadium and surrounding developments. It will rival the last few built in LA, Vegas, Dallas and Santa Clara (40 miles from SF).

                          Walton and Co. didn’t just drop $4.6billion for the team and likely another couple billion invested in a new Denver (and surrounding area) stadium without a plan for getting that money back.

                          Going to be interesting to see where they plan it and how Denver / Colorado reacts to the plans. Big money has big egos that have big ideas.
                          Yes, well then so are the Broncos because it WILL be good enough and it WILL be used for at least the next four seasons.

                          Of course Walton has a plan, but that doesn't necessarily necessitate building a Broncos Disneyworld park.

                          Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

                            You are delusional if you think current Mile High is “good enough and still usable”.

                            Denver is going to get a new stadium and surrounding developments. It will rival the last few built in LA, Vegas, Dallas and Santa Clara (40 miles from SF).

                            Walton and Co. didn’t just drop $4.6billion for the team and likely another couple billion invested in a new Denver (and surrounding area) stadium without a plan for getting that money back.

                            Going to be interesting to see where they plan it and how Denver / Colorado reacts to the plans. Big money has big egos that have big ideas.
                            Pretty strong way to describe a simple comment based on a simple observation, made on a visit.

                            I don't know a lot about the stadium, but I was wondering just as LM was wondering.

                            Delusional?? Raising the stakes with our vocab are we?

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              I would love a new retractable roof stadium. When Houston built that stadium for the Texans, I thought that was the nicest stadium going, at the time.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                                Pretty strong way to describe a simple comment based on a simple observation, made on a visit.

                                I don't know a lot about the stadium, but I was wondering just as LM was wondering.

                                Delusional?? Raising the stakes with our vocab are we?
                                No offense was meant by my comment. If too personal or insulting, I apologize. It was not meant to be either.

                                I stand by my completely unproven speculation though. New owners are not staying with the same stadium.

                                I will be shocked if they are not breaking ground within two years and hosting the SB in five.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X