Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jerry Jeudy arrested..? -- Charges dismissed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

    Jeudy had the 2nd highest drop rate in 2020 and the highest drop rate of catchable passes. Go back and watch the film - he dropped a ton of good passes. He was a major reason a lot of drives stalled in 2020.
    You are right. He needs to show better. But IMO far from the “bust” label you are applying to him.

    Good thing we are heading into the 2022 season and can let the past become the past.

    Comment


    • I dunno what Jerry thinks about his NFL game but he has a lot to work on to improve his game. I hope Jerry, his people and his coaches focus on helping Jerry do the things he needs.


      As a fan I can so no doubt the previous coaching staff did Jerry no favors. When we drafted Jerry it was obvious he could be a next level Wes Welker type WR. He could take those crazy quick routes and moves we have seen WRs like that do and take the game to the next level.

      One problem is he has never had the Qb to take advantage of that.

      Another problem is I did not see any plays designed or called by the offensives coaching while he was a Bronco that really took advantage of his skillsets.

      I have no doubt we would have seen a different Jerry on Tampa, KC or the Rams than the Jerry we saw on the Broncos. He may have still dropped way too many balls...but he would have a completely different perception imo.

      This is a big year for Jerry. He has the Qb and he has the offensive coaching. He should be paying attention to what Kupp was doing with Stafford and the coaches with non-official Ram time. I have seen reports of what Kupp was doing in extra time and we all saw how that not only paid off on the field but how it paid off in the salary for Kupp.
      Last edited by Hadez; 06-12-2022, 11:13 AM.
      Let's Ride!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

        You are right. He needs to show better. But IMO far from the “bust” label you are applying to him.

        Good thing we are heading into the 2022 season and can let the past become the past.
        Weird, you’re the only one using bust in our exchange.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

          Weird, you’re the only one using bust in our exchange.
          My mistake. Was a direct quote from a different poster just a couple posts ago.

          Your response just had the same tone and led to my response.

          So no, you did not use the term. Just seemed to agree with the sentiment towards Jeudy.

          My guess is this season is going to look and produce in a much more dramatic fashion. We will need to take the season to re- evaluate quite a few players on both sides of the ball. Broncos offense last season was horrible. Last season 20 TDs by both QBs (21 TDs in 2020) and not a lot to be exited about.

          Expecting more this season. I’m taking a wait and see approach for the offense overall but the individual player stats specifically.

          If Jeudy continues to have too many drops and no TDs I will be critical too. In general I am not thrilled he seems to be missing valuable “chemistry” time with Wilson so far this off-season. The young man has work to do to prove himself. I am inclined to think he will.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

            My mistake. Was a direct quote from a different poster just a couple posts ago.

            Your response just had the same tone and led to my response.

            So no, you did not use the term. Just seemed to agree with the sentiment towards Jeudy.

            My guess is this season is going to look and produce in a much more dramatic fashion. We will need to take the season to re- evaluate quite a few players on both sides of the ball. Broncos offense last season was horrible. Last season 20 TDs by both QBs (21 TDs in 2020) and not a lot to be exited about.

            Expecting more this season. I’m taking a wait and see approach for the offense overall but the individual player stats specifically.

            If Jeudy continues to have too many drops and no TDs I will be critical too. In general I am not thrilled he seems to be missing valuable “chemistry” time with Wilson so far this off-season. The young man has work to do to prove himself. I am inclined to think he will.
            He reduced the drops last season however it was a short season with games missed. Main thing is staying healthy. I’m in the same mode as far as seeing results. On paper should be better with Wilson - we never know until it happens.

            Comment


            • I am looking forward to JJ putting all this bad QB play behind him, and doing well this season.
              I don't blame him for not giving someone the keys to the car back, after they took his phone.
              They were Very minor accusations against him, and he deserves good things moving forward.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

                Disagree with your assessment.

                I may agree Jeudy has underwhelmed compared to his draft position and high expectations. But I will be a bit forgiving of his very average production due to injuries and an unproductive offense. I still think he has the talent to have a very productive year and career. Up to him to prove it.

                I consider a “bust” to be a player like Ruggs. Drafted ahead of Jeudy and now is out of the league due to his actions off the field.
                If you're going full analytical look at Lamb and Jefferson in comparison as well. This thread was started because of Jeudy's drama with his family. Some great players can get away with drama because their value and production - Jeudy has earned no such pass, he's been terrible on the field and as much as some want to shy away from the bust label he's earned it up to this point.

                Comment


                • Thousands of posts about how awful the offense has been, but Jeudy is supposedly a great receiver. Uh, he was part of the offense that struggled.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                    I am looking forward to JJ putting all this bad QB play behind him, and doing well this season.
                    I don't blame him for not giving someone the keys to the car back, after they took his phone.
                    They were Very minor accusations against him, and he deserves good things moving forward.
                    I agree

                    Do not know who is going to step up and who will not step up but we will see multiple players raise their game because of Wilson. Hope that is true for the new coaching staff as well but tbh the coaching staff is legit the biggest question mark right now.
                    Let's Ride!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Hadez View Post

                      I agree

                      Do not know who is going to step up and who will not step up but we will see multiple players raise their game because of Wilson. Hope that is true for the new coaching staff as well but tbh the coaching staff is legit the biggest question mark right now.
                      All the players on the team have a great opportunity to prove there worth with our new QB and coaching staff.
                      I Think JJ with all his talent and past experiences with the poor QB play the last couple years, will have a good season this year!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                        Thousands of posts about how awful the offense has been, but Jeudy is supposedly a great receiver. Uh, he was part of the offense that struggled.
                        Straw man unless you can quote just one post where someone said Jeudy was a "great receiver". Are you sure you didn't just make this up?

                        This is my first posted opinion on this subject. Jeudy had a high percentage of drops his rookie season. Many rookies suffer from the drops, there's a number of articles on the subject for those interested in how Jeudy compared with some other Rookes.. He also played with what most consider bad QBs and OCs. These didn't affect the drops, but they didn't help him excel either.

                        He still had the same issues with OC and QBs his second season and seemed to be misused, only targeted 3 times in the red zone and often used as a decoy on end arounds. However, a WR can be expected to score a few TDs or make other big plays off their own talent effort alone. The lack of his big plays concerns me the most.

                        Looking back at last training camp Jeudy was, by most local reporting, the star of camp. In the first game last year, I "think" he had 4 catches in the first half before he got hurt. Judging by the looks of his injury, when he got hurt, many of us including me, thought he was out for the season. I was amazed he returned at all.

                        While I'm concerned about Jeudy's drops his rookie year and lack of big plays last year, I'm giving him a pass on last year because I didn't think he'd play at all after the injury. And because being a Broncos fan means hoping for the best for Broncos players and how impressive Jeudy was before he got hurt last year, I'm going to be optimistic this year. But barring injury, he does need to produce this year.

                        Where would you set the over/under for Jeudy this season for TDs and catches? A good line-setter should be willing to take either side of the bet "for fun" because they set the odds where they think it's fair. Seriously, what's your over/under and I'll pick one.

                        Comment


                        • https://tdalabamamag.com/2022/06/11/...xcited-denver/

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

                            Straw man unless you can quote just one post where someone said Jeudy was a "great receiver". Are you sure you didn't just make this up?

                            This is my first posted opinion on this subject. Jeudy had a high percentage of drops his rookie season. Many rookies suffer from the drops, there's a number of articles on the subject for those interested in how Jeudy compared with some other Rookes.. He also played with what most consider bad QBs and OCs. These didn't affect the drops, but they didn't help him excel either.

                            He still had the same issues with OC and QBs his second season and seemed to be misused, only targeted 3 times in the red zone and often used as a decoy on end arounds. However, a WR can be expected to score a few TDs or make other big plays off their own talent effort alone. The lack of his big plays concerns me the most.

                            Looking back at last training camp Jeudy was, by most local reporting, the star of camp. In the first game last year, I "think" he had 4 catches in the first half before he got hurt. Judging by the looks of his injury, when he got hurt, many of us including me, thought he was out for the season. I was amazed he returned at all.

                            While I'm concerned about Jeudy's drops his rookie year and lack of big plays last year, I'm giving him a pass on last year because I didn't think he'd play at all after the injury. And because being a Broncos fan means hoping for the best for Broncos players and how impressive Jeudy was before he got hurt last year, I'm going to be optimistic this year. But barring injury, he does need to produce this year.

                            Where would you set the over/under for Jeudy this season for TDs and catches? A good line-setter should be willing to take either side of the bet "for fun" because they set the odds where they think it's fair. Seriously, what's your over/under and I'll pick one.
                            88, 1150 and 9

                            I'll say 3 drops

                            that's basically just 5 for 67 a game, I think he can manage that

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

                              88, 1150 and 9

                              I'll say 3 drops

                              that's basically just 5 for 67 a game, I think he can manage that
                              100 catches/1200 yards!!!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

                                100 catches/1200 yards!!!!

                                I'm leaving room for Sutton

                                I'll say Sutton gets 94, 1268 and 11

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X