Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jerry Jeudy arrested..? -- Charges dismissed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • In 2020 Tyler Lockett numbers were 100, 1054 and 10. Metcalf was 83, 1303 and 10. Imo, predicting 94 for Sutton and 88 for Jeudy isn't that far fetched

    Comment


    • Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

      Straw man unless you can quote just one post where someone said Jeudy was a "great receiver". Are you sure you didn't just make this up?

      This is my first posted opinion on this subject. Jeudy had a high percentage of drops his rookie season. Many rookies suffer from the drops, there's a number of articles on the subject for those interested in how Jeudy compared with some other Rookes.. He also played with what most consider bad QBs and OCs. These didn't affect the drops, but they didn't help him excel either.

      He still had the same issues with OC and QBs his second season and seemed to be misused, only targeted 3 times in the red zone and often used as a decoy on end arounds. However, a WR can be expected to score a few TDs or make other big plays off their own talent effort alone. The lack of his big plays concerns me the most.

      Looking back at last training camp Jeudy was, by most local reporting, the star of camp. In the first game last year, I "think" he had 4 catches in the first half before he got hurt. Judging by the looks of his injury, when he got hurt, many of us including me, thought he was out for the season. I was amazed he returned at all.

      While I'm concerned about Jeudy's drops his rookie year and lack of big plays last year, I'm giving him a pass on last year because I didn't think he'd play at all after the injury. And because being a Broncos fan means hoping for the best for Broncos players and how impressive Jeudy was before he got hurt last year, I'm going to be optimistic this year. But barring injury, he does need to produce this year.

      Where would you set the over/under for Jeudy this season for TDs and catches? A good line-setter should be willing to take either side of the bet "for fun" because they set the odds where they think it's fair. Seriously, what's your over/under and I'll pick one.
      Wrong bet the over/under would be which week he exits with injury or a fight with his girlfriend.

      Comment


      • Glad we have Patrick and Sutton.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BroncoJef View Post
          Glad we have Patrick and Sutton.
          So TDs aren’t why you think Jeudy is a bust? Because those guys each have 12 TDs in 55 and 56 games played. Jeudy’s 3 in 27 outpaces them. Jeudy also had a higher catch percentage than both last season with less drops.

          I think we have 4 very good WRs with 2 maybe 3 of them having the potential to be elite. That potential has been buried deep by inept QB play for years now. Judging any of our WRs off of their stats will not give you an accurate assessment of what they’re capable of. Jeudy is a phenomenal route runner with enough speed and elusiveness to turn a small gain into a big gain. Sutton is a very good route runner with a size and athletic profile that projects as a top tier WR. I don’t think Patrick is quite the route runner Sutton is but he makes up for it with physicality at the point of attack. All 3 are great WRs, but that’s meaningless when you have guys like Keenum, Flacco, Lock, Brandon Allen, Brett Rypien, Kendall Hinton, and Teddy Bridgewater throwing you the ball with an oline that’s struggled not to trip over its own feet for at least half of those QBs.

          Look at Larry Fitzgerald, he had 5 seasons in his career where he had 10 or more TDs. 4 of those seasons were with Kurt Warner and the 5th was with Carson Palmer. But when Derek Anderson or Matt Leinart or John Skelton or whatever other bad QB they trotted out, he couldn’t get in the end zone. What you have at the QB position matters more so than any other position especially for WRs scoring TDs.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

            So TDs aren’t why you think Jeudy is a bust? Because those guys each have 12 TDs in 55 and 56 games played. Jeudy’s 3 in 27 outpaces them. Jeudy also had a higher catch percentage than both last season with less drops.

            I think we have 4 very good WRs with 2 maybe 3 of them having the potential to be elite. That potential has been buried deep by inept QB play for years now. Judging any of our WRs off of their stats will not give you an accurate assessment of what they’re capable of. Jeudy is a phenomenal route runner with enough speed and elusiveness to turn a small gain into a big gain. Sutton is a very good route runner with a size and athletic profile that projects as a top tier WR. I don’t think Patrick is quite the route runner Sutton is but he makes up for it with physicality at the point of attack. All 3 are great WRs, but that’s meaningless when you have guys like Keenum, Flacco, Lock, Brandon Allen, Brett Rypien, Kendall Hinton, and Teddy Bridgewater throwing you the ball with an oline that’s struggled not to trip over its own feet for at least half of those QBs.

            Look at Larry Fitzgerald, he had 5 seasons in his career where he had 10 or more TDs. 4 of those seasons were with Kurt Warner and the 5th was with Carson Palmer. But when Derek Anderson or Matt Leinart or John Skelton or whatever other bad QB they trotted out, he couldn’t get in the end zone. What you have at the QB position matters more so than any other position especially for WRs scoring TDs.
            Lock put Jeudy in position to easily go over 1000 yards his rookie season. Jeudy ranked at the top of the league in drop rate on catchable balls. Jeudy was a major reason the offense struggled in 2020 - dropped a ton of passes. He was injured last season and started this season with an off-field problem and bailed during OTAs from a minor tweak.

            Blaming quarterbacks for Jeudy is absurd when he dropped a ton of passes his rookie season. Blaming quarterbacks last season is nonsense because Jeudy was injured. The guy made a boneheaded choice to argue with his girlfriend to the point of the cops being called because he locked up several of her possessions. He got a little tweak in practice and bailed out.

            It’s on Jeudy to prove his value as a top pick. Can’t wait to hear the excuses for Jeudy if he doesn’t produce this season.

            Comment


            • In the end, till we see them in this offense with Wilson we don't know. However, there is a lot of potential here. That said let's remember, that Wilson made Baldwin, Richardson, and Kearse look like all pros. Kearse and Richardson left and did nothing. WHen I look at our Wrs now I see a group better than those 4.

              Comment


              • Denver will probably average about sixty-two plays per game which would be c.1054. It is conservative to expect that 55% of those will be pass attempts, or around 580.

                Before last year, Russell started all games each season in Seattle. He missed three starts last year. In the event he starts and finishes all seventeen games this year, based on past history he would have c.377 completions for c.4500 yards, c.36 TDs and c.10 INT.

                It is reasonable to expect that Courtland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy, Tim Patrick and Hamler/Okwuegbunam/Dulcich will catch most of those. Barring unforeseen circumstances, Courtland, Jerry and Tim could each end with up to 100 receptions and up to 1000 yards. Red zone TDs might end up being the taller guys (i.e., Sutton, Patrick, Okwuegbunam, Dulcich) TDs as a result of yac could end up being mostly Jeudy, Hamler and the RBs.

                Hackett and Russell may want to distribute the ball to as many receivers as possible. We shall see. Should be fun.
                Last edited by samparnell; 06-14-2022, 09:12 AM. Reason: emphasis
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

                  Lock put Jeudy in position to easily go over 1000 yards his rookie season. Jeudy ranked at the top of the league in drop rate on catchable balls. Jeudy was a major reason the offense struggled in 2020 - dropped a ton of passes. He was injured last season and started this season with an off-field problem and bailed during OTAs from a minor tweak.

                  Blaming quarterbacks for Jeudy is absurd when he dropped a ton of passes his rookie season. Blaming quarterbacks last season is nonsense because Jeudy was injured. The guy made a boneheaded choice to argue with his girlfriend to the point of the cops being called because he locked up several of her possessions. He got a little tweak in practice and bailed out.

                  It’s on Jeudy to prove his value as a top pick. Can’t wait to hear the excuses for Jeudy if he doesn’t produce this season.
                  So we can’t blame the QB who is responsible for getting guys the ball? Yes, Jeudy had a lot of drops as a rookie, Lock also had a lot of errant passes that weren’t catchable to begin with registering 22.9% as bad throws. The team had the 2nd highest bad throw percentage and the 2nd lowest on target percentage. But it’s Jeudy’s fault the offense struggled? We can’t blame the QB for not having 1 player go over 1000 yards last season or score more than 5 TDs? Jeudy as a rookie had more yards than any other WR has had in a single season the past 2 seasons despite all the drops.

                  But no it’s Jeudy’s fault the offense struggled.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

                    So we can’t blame the QB who is responsible for getting guys the ball? Yes, Jeudy had a lot of drops as a rookie, Lock also had a lot of errant passes that weren’t catchable to begin with registering 22.9% as bad throws. The team had the 2nd highest bad throw percentage and the 2nd lowest on target percentage. But it’s Jeudy’s fault the offense struggled? We can’t blame the QB for not having 1 player go over 1000 yards last season or score more than 5 TDs? Jeudy as a rookie had more yards than any other WR has had in a single season the past 2 seasons despite all the drops.

                    But no it’s Jeudy’s fault the offense struggled.
                    Do you know the difference between the “major reason” and “Jeudy’s fault”? Apparently not.

                    Go back and look at how many of Jeudy’s drops either killed drives or put the offense behind schedule. Catchable balls aren’t errant passes.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

                      Do you know the difference between the “major reason” and “Jeudy’s fault”? Apparently not.

                      Go back and look at how many of Jeudy’s drops either killed drives or put the offense behind schedule. Catchable balls aren’t errant passes.
                      No catchable balls aren’t errant passes and aren’t counted as such. But Lock had nearly 100 errant passes to Jeudy’s 10 drops, so are you saying Jeudy’s 10 drops outweigh the 98 bad throws Lock was charted with? They outweigh the 15 INTs and 8 fumbles Lock had? Jeudy was not a major reason the offense struggled, Lock was a major reason the offense struggled. The team as a whole threw 23 INTs to 21 TDs, that’s on the QB and the OC not a rookie WR. Being bottom of the league in errant throws and on target throws does not bode well for the offense regardless of who’s playing WR.

                      Comment


                      • I always thought there was some sort of disconnect between Lock and JJ.
                        It Sometimes seemed like JJ was disappointed with Lock for not seeing him open, or with timing or something?????

                        (JMO)

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

                          No catchable balls aren’t errant passes and aren’t counted as such. But Lock had nearly 100 errant passes to Jeudy’s 10 drops, so are you saying Jeudy’s 10 drops outweigh the 98 bad throws Lock was charted with? They outweigh the 15 INTs and 8 fumbles Lock had? Jeudy was not a major reason the offense struggled, Lock was a major reason the offense struggled. The team as a whole threw 23 INTs to 21 TDs, that’s on the QB and the OC not a rookie WR. Being bottom of the league in errant throws and on target throws does not bode well for the offense regardless of who’s playing WR.
                          Jeudy had a drop rate of 17.6% which was the highest percentage of any receiver with at least 100 targets. He also only caught 76.5% of his catchable passes, again the worst number in the league in 2020.

                          No one is to blame other than Jeudy for his problem with drops.

                          Comment


                          • I’ll credit Jeudy for admitting his problem with drops. Most fans can’t admit he had a problem but at least he did.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
                              I’ll credit Jeudy for admitting his problem with drops. Most fans can’t admit he had a problem but at least he did.
                              Outside of winning training camp one year he has been miserable. Zero Touchdowns? I caught zero touchdowns last year and I didn't even have a QB.

                              Comment


                              • It's always nice to see the fan base support our young draft choices while they are developing in there first few years.

                                (I understand the "Dot-comers" need immediate gratification,or satisfaction, But it doesn't always happen that way in real life.)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X