Jerry Jeudy arrested..? -- Charges dismissed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncoJef View Post

Outside of winning training camp one year he has been miserable. Zero Touchdowns? I caught zero touchdowns last year and I didn't even have a QB.
    He played great against Duke, New Mexico State, Southern Miss and Western Carolina in 2019.

Comment

• Can we also move on from this specific thread and close it up, please?

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — For the first time since he was arrested May 12 on a misdemeanor domestic violence charge following a dispute with the mother of his newborn daughter, Jerry Jeudy addressed the incident Tuesday.

There was no physical contact involved and when the victim stated in court and to the Arapahoe County District Attorney’s office she didn’t want charges pressed, the case was dismissed on May 31.

"Yeah, everything turned out good. As far as that goes, I don’t want to put myself or the team in a position like that," Jeudy said Tuesday afternoon following the Broncos’ minicamp practice he didn’t participate in because of a strained groin. "I’m glad everything was handled with how it needed to be."

According to the police report, Jeudy was arrested because he took the victim’s wallet, a car seat, and their child's medical papers in his car and would not give her access. The police report added the victim hid his cellphone due to jealousy issues.

Jeudy was arrested and jailed overnight before he appeared in court the next morning, May 13, with attorney Harvey Steinberg, who told reporters afterwards his client never should have been arrested or incarcerated. Jeudy was released on a personal recognizance bond and the case was dismissed 18 days later.

"I wasn’t nervous because I knew the situation wasn’t what was out there," Jeudy said Tuesday. "It was a petty situation but I know the good thing was everything was cleared up and it’s behind me and I’m moving on to the future."

Asked to clarify what he had learned Jeudy said: "Just know how to handle the situation from now on. I learned from it and ready to move forward."
      Denver Broncos wide receiver Jerry Jeudy addressed the incident the first time since he was arrested May 12.
      sigpic

Comment

• Jerry Jeudy is on Denver’s roster learning a new offense with Russell Wilson who, barring unforeseen circumstances, will complete several hundred passes this season many of which will be to JJ. He is off the hook with Arapahoe County, but could be suspended by the NFL; remains to be seen.

New owners, new HC, new offense and coaches, and a ten year veteran pro bowl QB to lead the team into a new season. What's not to like?
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• The District Attorney tweeted Jerry Jeudy was the best receiver in the draft and a great fit for the Broncos. The DA is a fan of the Denver Broncos based on numerous tweets.

I’m of the opinion that fans can be biased in how they make judgements about events related to players and teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            Jerry Jeudy is on Denver’s roster learning a new offense with Russell Wilson who, barring unforeseen circumstances, will complete several hundred passes this season many of which will be to JJ. He is off the hook with Arapahoe County, but could be suspended by the NFL; remains to be seen.

New owners, new HC, new offense and coaches, and a ten year veteran pro bowl QB to lead the team into a new season. What's not to like?
            I agree I doubt there will be any NFL issues at all. Given they are ignoring a lot of worse issues such as Watson. Kamara, and 10+ others are charged while Jeudy is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
              The District Attorney tweeted Jerry Jeudy was the best receiver in the draft and a great fit for the Broncos. The DA is a fan of the Denver Broncos based on numerous tweets.

I’m of the opinion that fans can be biased in how they make judgements about events related to players and teams.
              It may be a good time to read your own post. BTW, your logic of the DA being a fan of the Broncos is what's known as an ad hominem fallacy. That means it doesn't mean anything. It is s suspicion you have. Now all you need are some facts that he based his decision on being a fan and you will have a theory.
              Last edited by lvbronx; 06-16-2022, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Wrong bet the over/under would be which week he exits with injury or a fight with his girlfriend.
                I knew you couldn't answer a direct question. You know why? It pins you down to FACTS. You can't express a FACT because those are easily disputed. So you hem and haw and deflect. Your reply only makes sense to someone avoiding a question, and a legit football conversation. Here's what you're missing. Even with your illogical assumptions, you could have still given an over/under and has nothing to do with being "wrong".

I'll show you, there's nothing to be afraid of. Here's my over/under line for Jeudy:
                850 yards
                5.5 TDs

See? There was nothing to be afraid of. A direct question deserves a direct answer from an intellectually honest person.

How in your mind can that be "wrong"? Once you pick a side, the pick can be wrong. Setting a line isn 't "wrong". What's "wrong" is you couldn't even quantify your opinion, so it means less than nothing to me now.
                Last edited by lvbronx; 06-16-2022, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• We're lucky to have such a talented, young wide receiver.

( J.J. should have 100 catches for 1000 yards this season)

Comment

• I mean, shouldn’t the first receiver off the board play well?

🏆🏆🏆

Comment

I mean, shouldn’t the first receiver off the board play well?

🏆🏆🏆
                      Henry Ruggs III?

Comment

Henry Ruggs III?
                        You count Raiders? Blasphemy.

Comment

You count Raiders? Blasphemy.
                          Oh ..... OK

So glad Jerry Jeudy didn't end up like the first receiver off the board.

Comment

Oh ..... OK

So glad Jerry Jeudy didn't end up like the first receiver off the board.
                            I wanted Ruggs!
                            I am so happy to have J.J !!!
                            We dodged a bullet, and made the right pick for sure!!!

Comment

• When a football player doesn't perform up to expectations, some pro football fans can be quite pejorative. Some accuse the player of being stupid, lazy, greedy, cowardly, dishonest or evil in the criminal sense. All NFL teams have had players who have gotten into trouble with the law. When it's a guy who hasn't been meeting expectations, he gets the double whammy. Statistics are often used to pursue character assassination. However, those don't account for purely human considerations.

All involved in a pro football team are people and, as such, are imperfect. Within an organization and a locker room there are plenty of human being things going on which are unknown to the public. Players who get in trouble are subject not only to civil/criminal law, but to the NFL's own system of punishments.

By NFL standards, Jerry Jeudy's recent incident doesn't seem to rise to the most serious level of many examples of NFL player off-field misconduct. It is possible that some who were already upset with his lack of performance/production wanted to see him prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law possible in order to punish him for not playing like a guy drafted number fifteen overall. They remain very skeptical of his value going forward into the upcoming season.

In the end, just like people anywhere under any circumstances, football players can get better, worse or stay the same. Just about everything about the Denver Broncos is new for 2022. Due to that fact, it seems reasonable to observe what will transpire on a weekly basis with an open, unprejudiced mind.

Last edited by samparnell; 06-17-2022, 10:00 AM. Reason: correct strange glitch that sometimes occurs when the # symbol is used

Comment

I’ll credit Jeudy for admitting his problem with drops. Most fans can’t admit he had a problem but at least he did.
                                Nah. That's not true. Everyone knows he had a problem with drops. Unfortunately some fans can't admit that he had a problem with them.
                                Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Working...
                                X