Jerry Jeudy arrested..? -- Charges dismissed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

He should not have spent the night in jail nor be shacked for this IMO.
    Standard procedure in CO for anything that can be considered domestic violence, it seems.

Not a perfect system, but it probably does more good than harm.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

Standard procedure in CO for anything that can be considered domestic violence, it seems.

Not a perfect system, but it probably does more good than harm.
      Perhaps in cases where physical violence is happening. They need to sort out their definition of dv and respond appropriately.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

How was she not charged for taking his phone? Sounds like equal rights to me.
        sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Perhaps in cases where physical violence is happening. They need to sort out their definition of dv and respond appropriately.
          While I understand and agree with where you are coming from... there are certainly situations that probably don't warrant it so much... it's also not necessarily something you want to leave to chance or to judgement calls if avoidable.

The goal being to give time apart to avoid further escalation. It may have been a little spat to start with, but if the cops show up and then just leave, and then things get out of hand after that... it could get much worse.

I don't think that Jeudy necessarily deserved to be locked up for this... by the accounts we have, I don't think he did. I don't think that the rules are bad though.

$.02

Comment

And once again, a player gets in trouble and one group of overreactors accuse the other group of overreactors of overreacting without realizing their own flawed logic.

Bottom line is, Jeudy admitted to actions that constitute a crime in Colorado. He’s likely to face league discipline at the very least, unless Rodger Goodell has changed his stance on the code of conduct. Perhaps, if charges are dropped, he decides not to suspend Jeudy. I would guess that there are enough reasons to make it a short suspension, if charges are not dropped.
            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
            You Mad Bro?
            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
              And once again, a player gets in trouble and one group of overreactors accuse the other group of overreactors of overreacting without realizing their own flawed logic.

Bottom line is, Jeudy admitted to actions that constitute a crime in Colorado. He’s likely to face league discipline at the very least, unless Rodger Goodell has changed his stance on the code of conduct. Perhaps, if charges are dropped, he decides not to suspend Jeudy. I would guess that there are enough reasons to make it a short suspension, if charges are not dropped.
              I don't think a suspension is a guarantee for a misdemeanor, but I could be wrong.

This one just sounds much worse than a misdemeanor because CO statutes required bringing him in overnight.

Comment

I’m surprised he was arrested for this. I would assume the police would show up and tell him to unlock his car and be on their way.

Comment

Originally posted by PA_Broncos_Fan View Post
                  I’m surprised he was arrested for this. I would assume the police would show up and tell him to unlock his car and be on their way.
                  Can’t take that risk in a domestic violence scenario. De-escalating and keeping him from making an even worse mistake was a gift to Jeudy.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post

While I understand and agree with where you are coming from... there are certainly situations that probably don't warrant it so much... it's also not necessarily something you want to leave to chance or to judgement calls if avoidable.

The goal being to give time apart to avoid further escalation. It may have been a little spat to start with, but if the cops show up and then just leave, and then things get out of hand after that... it could get much worse.

I don't think that Jeudy necessarily deserved to be locked up for this... by the accounts we have, I don't think he did. I don't think that the rules are bad though.

$.02
                    Well, the cops have to make some kind of judgement call while at the scene regardless of procedure. I agree that some separation may be necessary, arrest, temporary detainment to cool him off, but not incarceration, prison jammies and shackles. Those are excessive measures in this "one-size fits all" protocol. There's room for improvement in that system.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Well, the cops have to make some kind of judgement call while at the scene regardless of procedure. I agree that some separation may be necessary, arrest, temporary detainment to cool him off, but not incarceration, prison jammies and shackles. Those are excessive measures in this "one-size fits all" protocol. There's room for improvement in that system.
                      Every system always has room for improvement.

I don't believe Jeudy *deserved* to be locked up and shackled over this.... I don't think Jeudy would have escalated this to violence, but there's a part of me that is glad he was not given the opportunity.

Hopefully this is a solid enough wake up call for him to realize he can't act like that.

Need Brandon Marshall to come have a talk with him, along with other leaders from the team.

Comment

Victim asks judge to dismiss criminal case against Denver Broncos’ Jerry Jeudy

Arapahoe County Sheriff Tyler Brown, during a news conference Thursday, said “there was no physical contact” during the domestic dispute between Jeudy and the woman, with whom Jeudy has an ongoing relationship and a child.

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/05/1...os-court-case/

Comment

Hopefully, moving forward they can take care of their squabbles on their own, without getting law enforcement involved.

(I remember a story about somebody called the cops about a bee being in there car????)

A lot of times the cops have more important things to do then help settle little domestic squabbles or arguments.

I'm looking forward to seeing Russell Wilson making Jerry Jeudy into a star wide receiver.

Comment

It's always the wide receivers...
                            [sigpic

Comment

How about Jerry Jeudys side of the story? Maybe The lady was being out of control? Hysterical with disturbances of the womb? And all he did was something very minor for a few minutes?
                              Maybe the woman is a complete crackpot and completely unreasonable? And then she called the police to exacerbate the situation?
                              And maybe she lied to the police? And maybe she should be arrested and locked up, and her name dragged through the mud.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                                How about Jerry Jeudys side of the story? Maybe The lady was being out of control? Hysterical with disturbances of the womb? And all he did was something very minor for a few minutes?
                                Maybe the woman is a complete crackpot and completely unreasonable? And then she called the police to exacerbate the situation?
                                And maybe she lied to the police? And maybe she should be arrested and locked up, and her name dragged through the mud.
                                Jeudy admitted his wrong doing to the police.

Comment

Working...
                                X