Jerry Jeudy arrested..? -- Charges dismissed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 58Miller
    They dont always, meaning they usually do. I grew up seeing police arrest my family and neighbors for legit crimes and nonsense. When you experience police pulling guns out on your father or see them slamming a neighbor with handcuffs on the concrete with his hands cuffed and his head breaking the fall you think twice about asking them to come help in a situation that is non violent. Thats my life experience and I have a deep respect for police for what they have to do but when they come into a situation they are their to enforce the law and keep the peace they dont have anyone they love and care about involved.
    The police enforced the law based on the statute in this case. Applying the alleged victim’s affidavit should make that clear for anyone who took the time to read the statute.

Comment

• This is all just so stupid.

Comment

• The descriptions of the incident involving Jerry Jeudy and the mother of his child indicate a clear violation of Colorado State Law governing domestic issues for which the maximum penalty is relatively light. His arrest was mandatory under State Law.

He is scheduled for arraignment 31 May, unless charges are dropped, or some other arrangement is reached. If the DA pursues charges, Jeudy will make a plea at arraignment.

The DA will need to decide if he wants to pursue this, if Jeudy's significant other isn't on board or changes her statements/testimony. She would need to be the key witness and a unanimous verdict might be difficult to obtain, if she is considered unreliable.

The Arapahoe County DA is running for AG this year which may or may not influence decisions on a case which may or may not go to trial before November.

After mishandling a number of high profile incidents, the NFL is sensitive to any kind of domestic misconduct for those under its authority. Dropped charges or acquittal would not necessarily make Jeudy immune to a suspension.

We will never be privy to his interactions with Broncos Front Office, coaching staff or teammates concerning this. It can be turned into an instructive moment to guide the young men in their decision making. While concerning, it isn't the catastrophe caused by Jeudy's former college teammate, Henry Ruggs, in Nevada.
        Last edited by samparnell; 05-15-2022, 01:48 PM. Reason: clarification
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller
          They dont always, meaning they usually do. I grew up seeing police arrest my family and neighbors for legit crimes and nonsense. When you experience police pulling guns out on your father or see them slamming a neighbor with handcuffs on the concrete with his hands cuffed and his head breaking the fall you think twice about asking them to come help in a situation that is non violent. Thats my life experience and I have a deep respect for police for what they have to do but when they come into a situation they are their to enforce the law and keep the peace they dont have anyone they love and care about involved.
          I see your point. I have seen police beat up a kid whose only crime was running away from the police and being out past curfew. Have seen police fill up a 7--11 parking lot and all point their guns at a 17 year old girl who is maybe 100 lbs wet and be physical with her...she was suspected of GTA and not for the car she was in as that was my car. There are many examples of this in my life as well.

I do not think these example apply here. I do think JJ's baby mama did not want police involved based on quote of comment she made but I think it is speculation on why she had this opinion. Sooner or later the baby moma of these athletes are going to realize this is going to cost a lot of money and may impact the money they get. The NFL will suspend these players and each game will cost 1/17 of their salary. Maybe more depending on if certain deductions still happen even if the suspension takes away a game check.
          Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            The descriptions of the incident involving Jerry Jeudy and the mother of his child indicate a clear violation of Colorado State Law governing domestic issues for which the maximum penalty is relatively light. His arrest was mandatory under State Law.

He is scheduled for arraignment 31 May, unless charges are dropped, or some other arrangement is reached. If the DA pursues charges, Jeudy will make a plea at arraignment.

The DA will need to decide if he wants to pursue this, if Jeudy's significant other isn't on board or changes her statements/testimony. She would need to be the key witness and a unanimous verdict might be difficult to obtain, if she is considered unreliable.

The Arapahoe County DA is running for AG this year which may or may not influence decisions on a case which may or may not go to trial before November.

After mishandling a number of high profile incidents, the NFL is sensitive to any kind of domestic misconduct for those under its authority. Dropped charges or acquittal would not necessarily make Jeudy immune to a suspension.

We will never be privy to his interactions with Broncos Front Office, coaching staff or teammates concerning this. It can be turned into an instructive moment to guide the young men in their decision making. While concerning, it isn't the catastrophe caused by Jeudy's former teammate, Henry Ruggs, in Nevada.
            I fully support the police in this incident from what I have herd.

Like the fact the NFL is coming down hard on its employees. Wish more businesses did.

Think the Broncos will have good support for JJ, and any of their employees, for this kind of stuff. IMO a lot of people need therapy who do not make use of it. It helped me a lot.
            Let's Ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Like the fact the NFL is coming down hard on its employees. Wish more businesses did.

Think the Broncos will have good support for JJ, and any of their employees, for this kind of stuff. IMO a lot of people need therapy who do not make use of it. It helped me a lot.
              So Jeudy's baby momma takes his property and he refuses to get her property until she returns it and now he is a criminal who needs therapy!!!!!
              What Jeudy needs to do is lose this girl and get as much custody with his child and nothing to do with her. Pay her to go away. And focus on football.
              sigpic

Comment

• Poor mods. In the UK post arrest, none of this type of discussion would be allowed. In the US it is more complicated!
                Last edited by GMTD; 05-15-2022, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post

In the long run this incident could be a gift to Jeudy if he learns from it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                    So Jeudy's baby momma takes his property and he refuses to get her property until she returns it and now he is a criminal who needs therapy!!!!!
                    What Jeudy needs to do is lose this girl and get as much custody with his child and nothing to do with her. Pay her to go away. And focus on football.
                    Just wait till.it all comes out. Despite what some negative people think, in the end this looks like this will be a nothing burger

Comment

• Originally posted by Deandc View Post

Just wait till.it all comes out. Despite what some negative people think, in the end this looks like this will be a nothing burger
                      I hope it is a nothing burger, but I cant stand the hate on Jeudy right now. Dude had a stupid fight with his baby momma and got the cops called on him.
                      Here in California you can walk into a CVS and fill a trash bag with under $900 and not fear any consequences.
                      Last edited by 58Miller; 05-15-2022, 04:15 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I hope it is a nothing burger, but I cant stand the hate on Jeudy right now. Dude had a stupid fight with his baby momma and got the cops called on him.
                        Here in California you can walk into a CVS and fill a trash bag with under $900 and not fear any consequences.
                        Doesn’t sound like you understand the statute and connected how Jeudy’s actions led to his arrest and charges.

Comment

Well as it relates to the hate in most cases it's coming from people who don't know anything but hate and ignorance. The thought of innocent till proven guilty is alien to them. I feel for them.
                          Last edited by Deandc; 05-15-2022, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Doesn’t sound like you understand the statute and connected how Jeudy’s actions led to his arrest and charges.
                            No I completely understand it, and just like many laws it is being abused in this case and he is being made out to be a criminal when she stole his phone.
                            sigpic

Comment

Fans let Jeudy down.

Comment

• JJ should be fine this year.
                                JJ and RW will have a good year.

Comment

Working...
                                X