Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jerry Jeudy arrested..? -- Charges dismissed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • That's not how you handle things when you have money. All the teams now teach the players these things, but hell, they're only twenty something years old. I don't want to see a tape of my twenties played back to me.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      No I completely understand it, and just like many laws it is being abused in this case and he is being made out to be a criminal when she stole his phone.
      If the judge believed the law was abused he would have dismissed the charges (he still can dismiss the case).

      Colorado statute, second-degree tampering includes tampering with another person’s property, “with intent to cause injury, inconvenience, or annoyance to that person or to another.”

      Jeudy confirmed her claim to deputies, saying that “she took one of his three phones and would not give it back” to him as the reason he initiated his behavior, according to Arapaho County Sheriff’s Office. Jeudy acknowledged locking up her wallet, medical documents, baby seat and formula.

      She lives in Virginia and wanted to leave. Not having those items prevented her from returning home. She called to get help from the police to get her items back in order to leave. Jeudy could have avoided the entire situation by 1) Not locking up items in the first place, 2) Giving the items back to her when she said she wanted to leave.

      The aspect you’re not considering is the difference between tampering with the items in an attempt to prevent her from leaving (intent). She wanted to leave and he withheld property directly linked to her ability to return home. Jeudy not having one of three phones wasn’t preventing him from doing anything.

      The DV enhancer was mandatory by Colorado law because they have a child and the incident involved the child being present.

      If you don’t like what happened the issue lies with the statute. However, Jeudy made a choice to lockup those items - she wanted them back in order to return home and he refused.

      He could have avoided the entire situation had he thought through his actions.
      Last edited by Fantaztic7; 05-15-2022, 05:56 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by welderhead View Post
        That's not how you handle things when you have money. All the teams now teach the players these things, but hell, they're only twenty something years old. I don't want to see a tape of my twenties played back to me.
        Cooperating with the police and telling the
        the truth and he was awarded with a night in jail and his name dragged through the mud.
        Going forward he shouldnt hang out with people that call the cops to wim arguments.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
          Cooperating with the police and telling the
          the truth and he was awarded with a night in jail and his name dragged through the mud.
          Going forward he shouldnt hang out with people that call the cops to wim arguments.
          People can commit a crime and cooperate with police after the fact. Cooperating doesn’t mean he didn’t break the law.

          Getting property back in order to return home has zero to do with winning an argument. She couldn’t leave without her wallet, medical documents, baby seat and formula.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by welderhead View Post
            That's not how you handle things when you have money. All the teams now teach the players these things, but hell, they're only twenty something years old. I don't want to see a tape of my twenties played back to me.
            That’s not how you handle things regardless of how much money someone has.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

              People can commit a crime and cooperate with police after the fact. Cooperating doesn’t mean he didn’t break the law.

              Getting property back in order to return home has zero to do with winning an argument. She couldn’t leave without her wallet, medical documents, baby seat and formula.
              Yeah if the cops didnt come they would have had to act like adults and work it out. Instead she got her way and he got arrested. Sounds like she used them to win an argument.

              If you wanna stick to the law police could give out tickets for going 36 in a 35 and anyone Jay walking.
              In this case any cop with commin sense would have got her belonging and let her go and explain to Jeudy the law he broke and that he could have been arrested. But instead they chose to put him in jail.

              Per Troy Renck twitter:
              The Arapahoe County district attorney intends to charge Denver Broncos wide receiver Jerry Jeudy, despite the victim in his case saying he was not a threat to her.

              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

                In the long run this incident could be a gift to Jeudy if he learns from it.
                Yes. See Von Miller as a recent Bronco example
                Let's Ride!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                  So Jeudy's baby momma takes his property and he refuses to get her property until she returns it and now he is a criminal who needs therapy!!!!!
                  What Jeudy needs to do is lose this girl and get as much custody with his child and nothing to do with her. Pay her to go away. And focus on football.
                  Criminal ....no

                  Needs some skills to better handle difficult life situations...for sure. That is what therapy gives people...skills to handle difficult life situations.
                  Let's Ride!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                    Yeah if the cops didnt come they would have had to act like adults and work it out. Instead she got her way and he got arrested. Sounds like she used them to win an argument.

                    If you wanna stick to the law police could give out tickets for going 36 in a 35 and anyone Jay walking.
                    In this case any cop with commin sense would have got her belonging and let her go and explain to Jeudy the law he broke and that he could have been arrested. But instead they chose to put him in jail.

                    Per Troy Renck twitter:
                    The Arapahoe County district attorney intends to charge Denver Broncos wide receiver Jerry Jeudy, despite the victim in his case saying he was not a threat to her.
                    Read up on the statute on the Domestic Violence enhancer in order to have an informed opinion.

                    The police did not *choose* to put him in jail. Colorado added a domestic violence enhancer in 2021. Two people merely having a child together and the child being present during the dispute require the defendant to be held without bond until a judge can review the case.

                    Troy Renck didn’t provide important details in his tweet.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Hadez View Post

                      Yes. See Von Miller as a recent Bronco example
                      Yes things turned out very well. Might seem like the end of the world for Jeudy with the media coverage, legal issue and potential suspension/fine. But the case could ultimately be dropped. I’m not convinced he will be suspended, given there wasn’t any alleged violence. But the league could take action to send a message they want players avoiding any incidents involving domestic disputes.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Hadez View Post

                        Criminal ....no

                        Needs some skills to better handle difficult life situations...for sure. That is what therapy gives people...skills to handle difficult life situations.
                        He had the police called on him, cooperated with them and got arrested. He didnt hurt anyone and her property that she left in his car was returned. Sounds like what most 20 year new fathers would do. No empathy in our society anymore smh. Jeudy is not a bad kid this whole thing is ridiculous. Couple years ago people were allowed to vandalize and assault police and store owners and no charges, but Jeudy is dealing with this and on top of all of it the so called victim said she wants it dropped because she never felt threatened.



                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                          He had the police called on him, cooperated with them and got arrested. He didnt hurt anyone and her property that she left in his car was returned. Sounds like what most 20 year new fathers would do. No empathy in our society anymore smh. Jeudy is not a bad kid this whole thing is ridiculous. Couple years ago people were allowed to vandalize and assault police and store owners and no charges, but Jeudy is dealing with this and on top of all of it the so called victim said she wants it dropped because she never felt threatened.


                          From what I have herd so far neither party is bad in the JJ situation. They both could have made better decisions though. I know I made even worse decisions when I was their age. Not trying to say they bad people. They both could have made better choices tho.

                          It sucks domestic abuse has gotten many areas around the country to implement these kinds of protections but I think anyone who is up to date on the domestic abuse situation in the entire country understands why these laws are there.

                          I have dated others hard to deal with. IMO it is not that hard to make choices where the police never get called if one has the skills to get through tough situations.

                          Sadly the perps of domestic abuse sometimes have more skills to deceive than the ordinary people have the skills to deal with just having a bad moment.
                          Let's Ride!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Hadez View Post

                            From what I have herd so far neither party is bad in the JJ situation. They both could have made better decisions though. I know I made even worse decisions when I was their age. Not trying to say they bad people. They both could have made better choices tho.

                            It sucks domestic abuse has gotten many areas around the country to implement these kinds of protections but I think anyone who is up to date on the domestic abuse situation in the entire country understands why these laws are there.

                            I have dated others hard to deal with. IMO it is not that hard to make choices where the police never get called if one has the skills to get through tough situations.

                            Sadly the perps of domestic abuse sometimes have more skills to deceive than the ordinary people have the skills to deal with just having a bad moment.
                            I have 3 sisters and 2 daughters, I dont have any tolerance for domestic violence. I have been called on several occasions to deal with desputes between my sisters and thier partners, and it's usually like you said both sides could do and be better to each other. Alot of times a non bias voice of reason can help. This women probably was hoping that was what the cops would do and Jeudy wound up losing his freedom for a night and thrown into a cell surrounded by criminals. Anyone who has ever been in jail views this much different than someone who hasnt.

                            I believe the law but I also believe the punishment should fit the crime and I feel for Jeudy who I dont think was perfect in this situation but pretty harsh to get handcuffed and put in a jail cell over this.
                            Last edited by 58Miller; 05-16-2022, 07:51 AM.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Jeudy dropped the ball 🏈

                              Womp womp.

                              Comment


                              • I'm not sure if Nathaniel Hackett is going to be a good HC. I like how he is supporting Jeudy, he see's him as a human being and not punch line.

                                “I had an opportunity to talk with Jerry, and we’re going to move forward from this,” Hackett said. “We’re going to learn from it as a team. That’s what it’s all about. There’s adversity, and it’s how we respond from that adversity. So I think that’s so important. Things happen, and we just have to learn from them.”
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X