Drop the Bomb on Who?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop the Bomb on Who?

Keep hearing how good Russ is at throwing the deep ball. Keep hearing the large percentage of his passes go over 20 air yards.

Ok so lets predict who catches them.

The deep ball will be defined as a ball that is caught 20 yards from where the pass is thrown.

1st Deep Ball catch - Albert O
    Most Deep Balls caught whole regular season - Sutton
    Most Deep Ball TDs caught - Hamler
    Let's Ride!

This is what I thought of!!!!

https://youtu.be/6uihq4EkqxE

Comment

Sutton, imo, will be the beneficiary of most of Wilson's deep balls. I think he gets the 1st, the most which will result in the most TDs. I'm expecting a huge year for Courtland

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

My thoughts as well
        Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
          Sutton, imo, will be the beneficiary of most of Wilson's deep balls. I think he gets the 1st, the most which will result in the most TDs. I'm expecting a huge year for Courtland
          It was hard for me not to go Sutton all the way. I remember how great he was at long balls before his injury.
          Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
            Keep hearing how good Russ is at throwing the deep ball. Keep hearing the large percentage of his passes go over 20 air yards.

Ok so lets predict who catches them.

The deep ball will be defined as a ball that is caught 20 yards from where the pass is thrown.

1st Deep Ball catch - Albert O
            Most Deep Balls caught whole regular season - Sutton
            Most Deep Ball TDs caught - Hamler
            This would be great because it would mean Hamler stayed healthy, and I'm worried he won't.

Comment

You should make it longer. Bridgewater was thoroughly capable of a 20 yard pass and did it while a Bronco.
              Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

It was hard for me not to go Sutton all the way. I remember how great he was at long balls before his injury.
                My initial speculation would also be Sutton. Expecting him to have a great year in this offense.

But I’m going to go with Jeudy on all three categories.

I’m thinking this will be a break out year for him. I sometimes forget just how good he was in college and how exciting a pick he was. Time for him to remind us!!

Comment

This is an interesting survey. I will add that I think 20 yards is mid range vs deep, but if we go 20+ I see Sutton, but 35+ it's Hamler.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    This is an interesting survey. I will add that I think 20 yards is mid range vs deep, but if we go 20+ I see Sutton, but 35+ it's Hamler.
                    The back of short zones is fifteen yards. Deep halves, thirds and quarters begin about there. Twenty yards is deep by defensive secondary standards, if that is where the ball is thrown and caught. Third and up to about three is short, four to about seven is medium and over that is long.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

The back of short zones is fifteen yards. Deep halves, thirds and quarters begin about there. Twenty yards is deep by defensive secondary standards, if that is where the ball is thrown and caught. Third and up to about three is short, four to about seven is medium and over that is long.
                      Certainly. I don't think that's questionable at all. It's a big play. I don't know that it's a 'bomb' though.
                      Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post

Certainly. I don't think that's questionable at all. It's a big play. I don't know that it's a 'bomb' though.
                        Different descriptive terms. Pass and catch only, or yards after catch, too? Is a "bomb" only thrown from the minus side of the 50? How about a long pass thrown into the EZ for a TD?

Comment

I'm not sure who will benefit the most, but having both KJ and Dulcich on the field at the same time could be scary. Dulcich's primary skill is the ability to get deep for a TE. These two should either cause some mismatches or really open up things underneath. I can't imagine a D playing 8 in the box with these two on the field along with Russ.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

LOL such a great song

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
                              I'm not sure who will benefit the most, but having both KJ and Dulcich on the field at the same time could be scary. Dulcich's primary skill is the ability to get deep for a TE. These two should either cause some mismatches or really open up things underneath. I can't imagine a D playing 8 in the box with these two on the field along with Russ.
                              Denver will have over a dozen offensive "skill" players for Russell to work with. When the roster is announced, the depth will mean a number of five player combinations to whom Russell can deliver the ball.

There is a significant amount of competition on the O-Line not only to start, but to make the roster as well. IMO the O-LIne will be the key for Denver's O this year. They had a pretty good O-Line coach for the past three years. Butch Barry and Ben Steele have big shoes to fill. We'll see how it goes.
                              Last edited by samparnell; 05-23-2022, 06:18 PM. Reason: Format

Comment

Working...
                              X