Who will be traded???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be traded???

With only 5 draft picks in next year's draft, it's almost inevitable that some players are moved. The 2 positions with the most depth are WR and Guard.

I'm going to guess that Dalton Risner is traded along with Tim Patrick. Patrick will not be a fan favorite to see go nor do I want him gone but teams will value his overall package and offer a "too good to be true" offer.

Just my guess here but like I said, it's inevitable.

Can't imagine Risner getting traded.

Comment

I’ll throw out Bradley Chubb as a higher profile name. Gregory is here for awhile and Cooper flashed often last season and is already somewhat similar to Chubb. Also moving Browning to the edge makes more sense if you’re looking at potentially moving on from Chubb. Darby could be another name to watch depending on some of these young guys development. Melvin Gordon could be another option.

But I think someone like Malik Reed or Mike Boone is more likely. Muti could be another guy if he doesn’t show well in the new scheme. Some people might say Cush but I think he’s been developing at a steady rate and I believe the new scheme actually fits him better.

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
        Can't imagine Risner getting traded.
        The depth is going to be the reason why. Meinerz, Muti and Glasgow are all capable starters. With a decent number of bodies behind them Risner could become expendable and I could see a team offer up a 2nd or 3rd for him

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          I’ll throw out Bradley Chubb as a higher profile name. Gregory is here for awhile and Cooper flashed often last season and is already somewhat similar to Chubb. Also moving Browning to the edge makes more sense if you’re looking at potentially moving on from Chubb. Darby could be another name to watch depending on some of these young guys development. Melvin Gordon could be another option.

But I think someone like Malik Reed or Mike Boone is more likely. Muti could be another guy if he doesn’t show well in the new scheme. Some people might say Cush but I think he’s been developing at a steady rate and I believe the new scheme actually fits him better.
          Chubb and Darby upside is too important this season with the addition of Wilson. We are in win now mode!
          Darby is the most experienced corner on the team. Him, Surtain and Kwaun are all locks in a league where you have to have 3 good corners.

Chubb when healthy is our best pass rusher and in this division being able to get after the QB is everything.

Chubb also wouldnt be worth much, he hasn't stayed healthy last couple seasons, a late round draft pick is not worth the out put of a healthy Chubb.

If we were rebuilding moving on from Chubb and Darby might make sense with them mot under contract next year,but we need them now and their upside outweighs any draft pic
          sigpic

Comment

Agree about Cushenberry. Commentators have said he isn't a good fit for Outside/Wide Zone. You and I have noted in the past two years that Lloyd has well above average lateral mobility/agility. Think he’s probably a better zone than angle blocker.

IMO Muti and Meinerz would be at their greatest as pulling/down blocking Guards in an angle blocked rushing attack. As it turns out, however, both are very athletic and quick on top of being big and strong. Reports say they are both doing well playing their parts in the new system.
            Last edited by samparnell; 06-15-2022, 10:49 AM.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

The depth is going to be the reason why. Meinerz, Muti and Glasgow are all capable starters. With a decent number of bodies behind them Risner could become expendable and I could see a team offer up a 2nd or 3rd for him
              To my eye, Dalton looks like a Tackle playing Guard, but that's just me. Think he would do better at C than G.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Hackett has raved about Dalton Risner stating that he has been "an absolute unbelievable surprise" also saying Risner has bought in to the outside zone scheme "dong a fine job running off the ball and great pass protection. He's really done a good job and I'm really excited about where he is at"

Muti has also gotten good reviews from Hackett ... " he's dong a really good job, he's running off the ball and he's a big strong interior lineman" ... "He's picked it up really well". Hackett likes his celebration when the offense scores TD's too.

I think the Broncos need the depth and talent level more than they need to add a 3rd - at best IMO - in next years draft. Risner is on his last year of his contract so this could be his last season with Muti looking good ... I hope not, I hope he gets an extension. Can't forget that Muti has had a history of injuries in college and he hasn't yet been a full time starter in the NFL, hopefully he is past the injury issues but it is probably too soon to say at this time.
                At WR, the Broncos need at least 3 good/great ones and Patrick is part of that. Potentially the Broncos can have at least 4 good WR's if Hamler is healthy and stays healthy. I would try to keep all the talent they have for this season.
                sigpic

Comment

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/lis...3-draft-picks/

I found this article that lead me to start this thread. 2nd paragraph down sure makes it sound like Paton will be busy

Comment

Chubb and Darby upside is too important this season with the addition of Wilson. We are in win now mode!
                    Darby is the most experienced corner on the team. Him, Surtain and Kwaun are all locks in a league where you have to have 3 good corners.

Chubb when healthy is our best pass rusher and in this division being able to get after the QB is everything.

Chubb also wouldnt be worth much, he hasn't stayed healthy last couple seasons, a late round draft pick is not worth the out put of a healthy Chubb.

If we were rebuilding moving on from Chubb and Darby might make sense with them mot under contract next year,but we need them now and their upside outweighs any mid to late rd draft pick they might get.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post

If we were rebuilding moving on from Chubb and Darby might make sense with them mot under contract next year,but we need them now and their upside outweighs any mid to late rd draft pick they might get.
                      Chubb, Darby, Gordon, those are all guys that would be moved around the trade deadline if at all. I’d expect them to garner more interest than the other names I mentioned but it’ll likely be harder to move them because as you alluded to they’re more valuable to us than any other team. Gordon might be the most realistic due to the nature of injuries at the position. Darby is probably a year off. Chubb probably wouldn’t be, but if someone’s willing to give us something higher than the potential compensatory pick we’d get from him walking this off-season, then I think it’s worth exploring.

All those guys also depend on what their backups do. If Ojemudia, Mathis, and Bassey are all young guys that could potentially push Darby. Same with Cooper and Browning with Chubb, although Reed is probably a lock to happen IMO.

Comment

Ultimately everyone outside of Wilson is available for right price.

Get the feeling once we get through training camp and preseason we will trade some players away. Probably will not get much in terms of draft picks at that point.

The time to really restock our draft picks will be before the trade deadline. First I think the better deals will be available. The Rams have made trading a more popular thing. I also like waiting until this point as we have multiple areas I am not sure how I feel about the potential for injury. Wait until we some weeks into the season to get a feel how our team is doing.
                        Let's Ride!

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                          Hackett has raved about Dalton Risner stating that he has been "an absolute unbelievable surprise" also saying Risner has bought in to the outside zone scheme "dong a fine job running off the ball and great pass protection. He's really done a good job and I'm really excited about where he is at"

Muti has also gotten good reviews from Hackett ... " he's dong a really good job, he's running off the ball and he's a big strong interior lineman" ... "He's picked it up really well". Hackett likes his celebration when the offense scores TD's too.

I think the Broncos need the depth and talent level more than they need to add a 3rd - at best IMO - in next years draft. Risner is on his last year of his contract so this could be his last season with Muti looking good ... I hope not, I hope he gets an extension. Can't forget that Muti has had a history of injuries in college and he hasn't yet been a full time starter in the NFL, hopefully he is past the injury issues but it is probably too soon to say at this time.
                          At WR, the Broncos need at least 3 good/great ones and Patrick is part of that. Potentially the Broncos can have at least 4 good WR's if Hamler is healthy and stays healthy. I would try to keep all the talent they have for this season.

I agree, but I think if Washington can be developed then it's a no brainer to trade Hamler next off season before the draft.

Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

Working...
                          X