Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasy football div 2/3 2022

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fantasy football div 2/3 2022

    Got fantasy on my mind, thought we could start the commitment process. Let me know if you are in or out. I'll send out PMs if I don't see you in here. As soon as we get the league full we'll start the start draft date and time figured out


    Von Down By the River - THE JUICMAN (IN)
    Hadez Hellbringers - Hadez (IN)
    Judge Jeudy - Seconds Away
    Shanahanigans - rst08tierny
    Omaha - Omaha
    Noah More Mediocrity - TheOldSeaDog
    Spice Gurleys - Spice 1 (IN)
    Chubb Club - Manhatten Bronco
    Off In a Corner - #87Birdman
    Dutch Mafia - JvDub95 (IN)
    Last edited by JvDub95; 07-05-2022, 07:13 AM.

  • #2
    Im in for another year of disappointment!
    sigpic
    2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
      Im in for another year of disappointment!
      This is your year JUICE.

      I'm in.

      Comment


      • #4
        We need to discuss if there are any changes that people want to see added or removed. So far the only thing brought to the table is an added IR spot to the bench.

        I want to change the waiver from " Resets to inverse standing order " to.... " move to last after claim, never reset"

        My personal opinion, if you use it you should lose it.

        And draft order, I'd like to go off last year season standing but we kinda need everyone back. If not it's got to be random order.....thoughts??

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
          We need to discuss if there are any changes that people want to see added or removed. So far the only thing brought to the table is an added IR spot to the bench.

          I want to change the waiver from " Resets to inverse standing order " to.... " move to last after claim, never reset"

          My personal opinion, if you use it you should lose it.

          And draft order, I'd like to go off last year season standing but we kinda need everyone back. If not it's got to be random order.....thoughts??
          I am against this kind of waiver rule.

          The waiver really only matters most of the time when the free agents get locked. There are other times but those are way less than 25% of the time. The waivers will check for standings and the worst teams get priority. The worst teams should always get the first pick.

          IR - do not care

          draft order - do not care

          Receptions - would like to see this go to the default setting for NFL.com which is 1 pt per reception.

          Bench size reduced by 1. This will allow teams who have bad drafts or injuries get better players as their will be 10 more players on the free agent wire.
          Let's Ride!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Hadez View Post

            I am against this kind of waiver rule.

            The waiver really only matters most of the time when the free agents get locked. There are other times but those are way less than 25% of the time. The waivers will check for standings and the worst teams get priority. The worst teams should always get the first pick.

            IR - do not care

            draft order - do not care

            Receptions - would like to see this go to the default setting for NFL.com which is 1 pt per reception.

            Bench size reduced by 1. This will allow teams who have bad drafts or injuries get better players as their will be 10 more players on the free agent wire.
            - 1st bold, that's where I have an issue. The 1st few weeks we don't really know who's good bad who's just getting crap luck. I could have the best all around roster and just happen to play someone who went off. Now a guy gets hurt and the rich get richer. If a team is last place by week 8 they are probably already checked out and aren't even paying attention. Moving from 1st to last isn't an advantage for the better teams because they are making constant moves. They won't be getting that 1st waiver claim very often....if ever.

            - totally agree with full point ppr. For some reason I thought we were already doing that.

            - standard roster size is 9 starters and 7 bench. I am going to advocate for keeping 7 bench. Even with 7 it's impossible to get backups for every position. That already forces guys to hit the waiver wire. In a ten man league nobody really has bad drafts, imo. They just get bad injury luck which is part of the game.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

              - 1st bold, that's where I have an issue. The 1st few weeks we don't really know who's good bad who's just getting crap luck. I could have the best all around roster and just happen to play someone who went off. Now a guy gets hurt and the rich get richer. If a team is last place by week 8 they are probably already checked out and aren't even paying attention. Moving from 1st to last isn't an advantage for the better teams because they are making constant moves. They won't be getting that 1st waiver claim very often....if ever.
              Under the waiver system you want to change to the best teams will keep getting the highest priority every week all year.

              They have good teams. They are winning. They do not need to make moves. The losing teams are working the waiver wire trying to improve their team. The winning teams can abuse the system, not make moves and ensure come Wed they have a higher waiver priority than the losing teams who need it more.
              Let's Ride!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hadez View Post

                Under the waiver system you want to change to the best teams will keep getting the highest priority every week all year.

                They have good teams. They are winning. They do not need to make moves. The losing teams are working the waiver wire trying to improve their team. The winning teams can abuse the system, not make moves and ensure come Wed they have a higher waiver priority than the losing teams who need it more.
                I'm fine if we keep it the way it is but, imo, that is the complete opposite. Guys that win make a lot of moves and the right moves. I've been playing fantasy for about 25 years now and I can't remember 1 single time when a guy's team stays completely healthy or wins with the drafted team.

                Comment


                • #9
                  im in. Sorry about the delay. Have been out.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                    im in. Sorry about the delay. Have been out.
                    No biggie obviously we have plenty of time


                    Von Down By the River - THE JUICMAN (IN) Hadez Hellbringers - Hadez (IN)
                    Judge Jeudy - Seconds Away
                    Shanahanigans - rst08tierny (IN)
                    Omaha - Omaha (IN)
                    Noah More Mediocrity - TheOldSeaDog
                    Spice Gurleys - Spice 1 (IN)
                    Chubb Club - Manhatten Bronco
                    Off In a Corner - #87Birdman (IN)
                    Dutch Mafia - JvDub95 (IN)
                    Last edited by JvDub95; 07-09-2022, 12:48 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm in again




                      Adopted Broncos:
                      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                      Adopted posters:
                      Everyone

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Still need to hear from Seconds Away, Manhattan Bronco and TheOldSeaDog....pms sent

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Promotion at work and new girl have been dominating my time. I will try to check in least every few days. Regardless of what the settings are I am excited to a new Bronco fantasy year!
                          Let's Ride!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Sorry for the late response, but I'm back in.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Hadez View Post

                              Under the waiver system you want to change to the best teams will keep getting the highest priority every week all year.

                              They have good teams. They are winning. They do not need to make moves. The losing teams are working the waiver wire trying to improve their team. The winning teams can abuse the system, not make moves and ensure come Wed they have a higher waiver priority than the losing teams who need it more.
                              It's not really abusing the system if they aren't using up their priority. If they do, they go back to the end of the line.

                              I'd much prefer rolling waivers to reverse standings, but FAAB is the most fair and fun way to do waivers.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X