Patrick out for year with ACL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncosIsLife View Post
    Maybe I just dont know crap about anatomy, but i didnt know there was cartilage in your throat....
    There are nine of them comprising the laryngeal skeleton, the largest of which is the thyroid cartilage.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

There are nine of them comprising the laryngeal skeleton, the largest of which is the thyroid cartilage.
      You would probably do well at that old board game....."Operation"

Comment

Huh.

Never thought I'd see that on an injury report (the throat injury). Funny, I injured my throat/neck earlier this year by holding in a sneeze I guess I shouldn't have.

It hurt to sneeze or yawn, to the point I had to learn different ways to do both to avoid further stressing whatever the hell I pulled. Even eating/drinking and sometimes talking hurt. It took months to get past it.

------

Feels bad to lose Patrick like this and so early.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
          Huh.

Never thought I'd see that on an injury report (the throat injury). Funny, I injured my throat/neck earlier this year by holding in a sneeze I guess I shouldn't have.

It hurt to sneeze or yawn, to the point I had to learn different ways to do both to avoid further stressing whatever the hell I pulled. Even eating/drinking and sometimes talking hurt. It took months to get past it.

------

Feels bad to lose Patrick like this and so early.
          I broke my ribs in an ATV accident when I was younger, the first time I sneezed after that, I thought I had torn my lungs loose! I figured out after that, that if you close your mouth and pinch your nostrils shut when you feel a sneeze coming on, it makes it impossible to ingest the air necessary to make a sneeze. I was afraid to sneeze for about six months after that

but this might help someone down the line...
          [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post

I broke my ribs in an ATV accident when I was younger, the first time I sneezed after that, I thought I had torn my lungs loose! I figured out after that, that if you close your mouth and pinch your nostrils shut when you feel a sneeze coming on, it makes it impossible to ingest the air necessary to make a sneeze. I was afraid to sneeze for about six months after that

but this might help someone down the line...
            That's nothing to sneeze at!!!

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              If there is a positive to this, at least it came early enough to start identifying and bringing along potential replacements. I doubt we’ll make any big time moves and will look inward for a replacement. Obviously Hamler and Jeudy will take in a larger role, but Hinton and Seth Williams could be those next guys up. Hinton was a pleasant surprise in limited playing time last season and he’s worked his rear end off to get to this point so he’s probably the odds on favorite right now. Seth Williams is a big body target in the mold of Patrick and while it might not mean much to the team or the coaching staff I thought he should’ve been drafted much higher than he was, I think he has a lot of potential and is probably next in line after Hinton.
              100%

There will be a lot of WRs available as teams make moves. I would like to see us get a low cost reliable option. There is a chance JJ can be more than everything we need here but we need another reliable option as these WRs have had injury history. Patrick was the most reliable guy on the roster at WR imo.
              Let's Ride!

Comment

Haven't posted here much - but after hearing this news the other week, I was pretty bummed out.

Love everything about Patrick and his game. He reminds me a lot of one of my top 3 Broncos: Rod Smith.

Will miss his presence - his dependability, his sure hands, his BLOCKING....

I'm glad he got paid in the off-season...Hope he can come back from this!

Comment

Working...
                X