We're ok, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're ok, right?

Alright, we're 1-1, sloppy win but at the end of the year, no one remembers how you win but everyone remembers how you lose! Most of our issues, bad/late play calling, lack of discipline, meaning just too many mental errors, should be able to be cleaned up. Papa Hackett needs to call his son (think he's still living) and have a talk. Right now my biggest concern is the coaching, not the players. Russ needs to take over.

Nope, Hackett is the worst coach in the division…. The Texans couldn’t do diddly poo and we still only scored 7 points lol
    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
      Nope, Hackett is the worst coach in the division…. The Texans couldn’t do diddly poo and we still only scored 7 points lol
      16 points

The offense did contribute to the other 9 by getting into position.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

We're fine. Have some stuff to work on, but what team doesn't? Keep learning from our mistakes, keep getting better, we'll be alright.

Go Broncos!
        Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

no that distinction still belongs to the guy in vegas
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I hope to be proven wrong but I don't think Denver is okay. Offensive coaching and play calling is abysmal. Hackett looks wholly out of his depth. Those aren't simple fixes. The broncos look like a below average team to me with a very bad HC. I'll be ecstatic if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post

Dude isn't the worst coach in the division. He's the worst in football. Comparing ego relative to ability, no other HC comes close to as bad as McDaniels.
              Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

It's funny how people don't seem to remember all the post Elway and really post Plummer years when the Broncos would start out with a good record in the first few games only to fade at the end.

During those first few games some fans would attack anyone that made negative observations.

There's no point in having a message board if everyone is supposed to act like a Stepford wife.

If the Broncos keep playing the way they've been playing so far, they're not likely to make the playoffs. That's a problem, given the investment they've made in a prima donna quarterback.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post
                  I hope to be proven wrong but I don't think Denver is okay. Offensive coaching and play calling is abysmal. Hackett looks wholly out of his depth. Those aren't simple fixes. The broncos look like a below average team to me with a very bad HC. I'll be ecstatic if I'm wrong.
                  play calling offensively is way better than past few years. what's lacking is execution. there's no easy fixes. it takes time and practice. need to see improvements every week.
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

In a way this could be compared to Manning's first year in Denver... started slow, was 2-3 and was getting blown out on Monday night football at the chargers 24-0 at halftime and was not looking good.

Then something clicked and we came back to win that game 35-24 and never lost another regular season game, finished 13-3.

Just has a similar feel to things
                    sigpic

Comment

play calling offensively is way better than past few years. what's lacking is execution. there's no easy fixes. it takes time and practice. need to see improvements every week.
                      the timing of some of the play calling is frustrating, will have momentum and then we do some trick play or throw 3 times in the redzone. Hopefully he can start to get a rhythm.
                      sigpic

Comment

Nope…. Josh at least gets the calls in from the sideline, has scored outside of the teens and understands situational football.
                        -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Yeah the preparation and execution has been severely lacking.
                          sigpic

Comment

Couldn’t do anything vs the Broncos defense!
                            We can crap on Hackett and the offense but the defense dominated minus their leader Simmons, Jewell, and Surtain for most the game. Holding any NFL Team to 9 pts is good period. With as many chances as we gave the Texans it was even more impressive!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                              Couldn’t do anything vs the Broncos defense!
                              We can crap on Hackett and the offense but the defense dominated minus their leader Simmons, Jewell, and Surtain for most the game. Holding any NFL Team to 9 pts is good period. With as many chances as we gave the Texans it was even more impressive!
                              Bro they were gashing us knowing the one thing we couldn’t do and that was let Pierce beat us.

I thought our run D was improved after the Seattle game, but nooooooope. Still same old same old
                              -Bronco in UT

Helll of a post

Comment

Working...
                              X