• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • InsaneBlaze23
    The ArchAngel
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by MrMax View Post
    If they drafted a young QB, do you guys think Wilson be an asset and help him develop positively, or would Wilson just make a new young QB feel uncomfortable with the already troubled Broncos?
    I can't believe this team is in much worse shape than it was with Tebow, Drew Lock, Bridgewater and every QB they've had since PM.
    At least they have hit rock bottom, they cant get much worse.
    I'm sure he'd help him here and there but most of the work would be the QB coach and offensive coordinator. Even Favre helped Rodgers here and there even though they didn't have much of a relationship. Aaron has stated he does lend advice to Jordan but that Tom Clements does the bulk of working with Love. Clements only being brought back by the request of Rodgers.

A QB can also learn from just watching and noticing what the starter is doing right and what they are doing wrong. We don't NEED Wilson to be a mentor, it would help...but a good QB coach and willingly to grow rookie is all a team needs.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• RocketArm006
      Totally Worth It
      • May 2008

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

The safest way to go about it...draft and/or trade for OL help. Bc it doesn't matter who we have behind center if he's being sacked or hurried on a good portion of snaps. And now would be the good time to get young linemen, not when we do have a rookie QB. Like Stink has said, linemen need time to grow a lot more now than when he played, because there isn't as many full pad practices.

We just gotta be patient. One year of this just one year.
      I’ve been banging the o-line drum for years. Once again, I take issue with how the organization has approached the o-line. I mean, did we really need to draft two WRs in a row when everyone knew the line was the biggest issue? It’s been an issue for years and they take a half assed approach.

I love your take. Have a solid o-line that could in theory protect a young QB.

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
        The ArchAngel
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post

I’ve been banging the o-line drum for years. Once again, I take issue with how the organization has approached the o-line. I mean, did we really need to draft two WRs in a row when everyone knew the line was the biggest issue? It’s been an issue for years and they take a half assed approach.

I love your take. Have a solid o-line that could in theory protect a young QB.
        I'd rather that be the consistent conversation over hindsight QB pass ups. Its less frustrating to me knowing which QB we didn't draft, and more frustrating what lineman we passed on that is currently doing well.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• RocketArm006
          Totally Worth It
          • May 2008

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

I'd rather that be the consistent conversation over hindsight QB pass ups. It’s. less frustrating to me knowing which QB we didn't draft, and more frustrating what lineman we passed on that is currently doing well.
          Not only that, but why do they insist on old, broken, expensive RTs? That’s been as much of a travesty as anything else.

This organization constantly tries to build this team from outside in which is a bad approach IMO.

Comment

• sgbril18
            Special Teams
            • Sep 2022

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
            I think the NFL is having trouble finding quarterbacks that can run offenses that NFL coaches want to run. It seems too many of the quarterbacks need the offense to be tailor made for them. This might create a problem finding the necessary talent at other positions for teams to reach their true goal. While Lamar Jackson is performing at a high level, are the Ravens really going to compete for a championship with him? Are the Bills, with Josh Allen? Is Tua really the answer for the Dolphins? Kyler Murray for the Cardinals?

A truly great quarterback should be able to pick up any playbook, master it, and make the team look like it has a chance. Yes, even the great ones need talented players around them. I would venture to say the Broncos would have beaten the Giants and the WFT, if there had been better talent on offense around Elway. They still got to three Super Bowls because they had John Elway on their team. He was then able to learn a new offense and lead the Broncos to two Super Bowl victories with higher caliber talent around him.

I doubt the Broncos will be in position to draft the kind of quarterback that can play any style of offense. There might not even be one available in the draft. If by chance they see one they like in the 1st round, I would like them to draft him. It might light a fire under Wilson's ass.
            Part of the problem is that, like it or not, college football is the leader in offensive innovation and some of the personnel decision makers in the NFL just aren't recognizing it or don't buy into it. NFL coaches have been complaining for awhile about QBs that have little experience taking the ball from under center or OL that don't know how to run block or the lack of drop-back pocket passers.

College is a completely different game than the NFL. The lack of parity and the power of the traditional football factories that get the top recruits force the teams in the next tier down to innovate. That's how we got the run 'n shoot, air raid, hurry-up and every variation in between. The good college teams can only compete with the great college teams with these innovative offenses and running or, at least mobile, QBs. Consequently, that's what the college produce. They get drafted and come up against a game that, for the most part, doesn't take advantage of their skill set.

The majority of NFL teams are still reluctant to embrace the QB as legit running weapons as opposed to just scramblers who can extend plays and, outside of WRs and TEs, the NFL isn't really getting the offensive players out of college that can play the NFL style of play. I don't see college reversing their trend so I think the NFL team that recognizes that and adapts will be more successful.

I'm not saying the college game is better. Just different. I'm an old guy. I like a team with a good defense and a strong running game to control the clock and field position. But that makes me a bit of a dinosaur and I don't think that's the formula for consistent winning any longer in the NFL.

Comment

• BANJOPICKER1
              Captain
              • Aug 2004

Why don't we sit Wilson for a few games and see what our backups can do since the season is lost?
              sigpic

Comment

• RocketArm006
                Totally Worth It
                • May 2008

Originally posted by BANJOPICKER1 View Post
                Why don't we sit Wilson for a few games and see what our backups can do since the season is lost?
                At this point it doesn’t matter much. Rypien or Johnson might add a tiny bit of intrigue just because everything is totally boring. Neither of them are any sort of long term answer, so I guess it would just give us something different to look at.

Comment

• Capt. Jack
                  Football Immortal
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by BANJOPICKER1 View Post
                  He needs all the practice he can get!!!!!

Comment

• BlueTalon
                    Playmaker
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post

Well, Wilson uses his personal QB coach, so that frees up our QB coach to develop a young QB.
                    I'd forgotten about that. That is absolutely mind-boggling. Wilson's personal QB coach should be invited to leave Broncos facilities and never come back. (Along with the rest of Wison's entourage.)
                    If you'll take no for an answer, someone's going to give it to you.

Comment

• RocketArm006
                      Totally Worth It
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by BlueTalon View Post

I'd forgotten about that. That is absolutely mind-boggling. Wilson's personal QB coach should be invited to leave Broncos facilities and never come back. (Along with the rest of Wison's entourage.)
                      Wholeheartedly agreed.

Comment

• cdn fan
                        Practice Squad
                        • Dec 2022

RW will be better next year. He is building to be great next near and be in the MVP discussion. Have to be patient as he is still not used to the higher altitude. Denver gave up a couple players and draft picks for him but RW is a great player and will make the broncos contenders next year. If not there is not much that can be done except maybe RW comes out with a clothing line that makes him more money and he retires?

Comment

• Starbroncs
                          All-Pro
                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by cdn fan View Post
                          RW will be better next year. He is building to be great next near and be in the MVP discussion. Have to be patient as he is still not used to the higher altitude. Denver gave up a couple players and draft picks for him but RW is a great player and will make the broncos contenders next year. If not there is not much that can be done except maybe RW comes out with a clothing line that makes him more money and he retires?
                          Is this Ciara?

Honestly if he was in mvp discussions next year that would be the biggest turnaround ever. Currently he's less effective than most of the worst rookie qbs of the last decade.

Comment

• samparnell
                            Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by BlueTalon View Post

Do not think any Broncos QB, including John Elway and Peyton Manning, has ever had a private office and on-campus entourage with whom one must make an appointment. Want an office? It's called the QB Room. Want an entourage? You'll find it in the locker room.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Broncos1963
                              Football Immortal
                              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Do not think any Broncos QB, including John Elway and Peyton Manning, has ever had a private office and on-campus entourage with whom one must make an appointment. Want an office? It's called the QB Room. Want an entourage? You'll find it in the locker room.
                              If Russ is so busy that he truly needs these things then he is too busy to be an NFL player.

He should retire and do his other crap. And for the love of Pete, he needs to never again say he wants to be the best ever. He is obviously not committed enough to football.

Compare that to Brady (who I despise). After actually establishing himself as the greatest QB ever (I suppose), Brady flushed his whole family to keep playing football. A completely absurd decision btw but it defines the difference in focus.

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
                                The ArchAngel
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by cdn fan View Post
                                I see someone from Team 3 finally made a forum account.
                                sigpic
                                Adopted Broncos:
                                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                                X