Perspective, close loss at Baltimore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

He wanted out of Seattle because he thinks he's an Aaron Rodgers type quarterback when he's not.

People think the solution is to simply replace Hackett, but that's not the entirety of the problem. Wilson helped design this offense. This is how he wants to play. Bringing in a new coach won't change the problem that Wilson creates. Someone is going to have to make it clear to Wilson that he can't have it his way anymore.
    Then Hackett's truly just a spine-less/balls-less hack and needs to be gone and Mr. Me3 needs to be severely humbled by our new owners.

They can start by banning his 'Team' from all Denver Broncos facilities, strip him of his personal office & have a stern talk with him on who's the damn boss(s) and if/when need be, sit him down (on the bench) regardless of the checks they're cutting him.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 12-07-2022, 05:27 AM.

Comment

We don't have to worry about him being an "Aaron Rodgers" type quarterback, (He's no Aaron Rodgers)
      He's not even a "Timmy Tebow" at this point.

He can't drive the ball down the field, and score a freaking touchdown.
      There are open receivers all over the place when I'm watching the game, and if I can see them, and he can't, that's a major problem.

Put him on the bench, develop a young quarterback, and hopefully he will retire, demand a trade, or restructure the con artist, snake oil salesman contract, that he was able to get the owners and management to agree to.

What a disgrace, what an embarrassment.

I think it's truly time to wear the brown paper bags.
      With "me 3" in magic marker on them.

Comment

Originally posted by dbfansincefeb87 View Post
        Ok so the offense was abysmal again but the Ravens offense wasn't much better and they're in a good position to land a playoff spot at 8 - 4.
        I don't think it's out of the question to allow Hackett to improve for another year and try to hold on to the clearly good Ejiro Evero, I would like to see Paton fired though, I just can't fathom giving that kind of money to any player.​
        Going back to the original post, I think you make some valid points. It's been a weird year. I really held out hope for a turnaround until the Panthers game. The games have been close, and so many were winnable. I disagree with those here who say the whole team is a joke. The way the defense has played all year has been nothing short of amazing. I don't have any answers, and I don't know who should stay and who should be fired. Hackett has appeared to be terrible, and ultimately, he has to take responsibility for the losses, and yet, in some ways I feel sorry for him because now I have come to believe that the main problem is Wilson. I'm in the camp with those who say that maybe another coach can scheme better production out of Wilson next year. After all, that's all we can hope for at this point.

Should Paton be fired? He's helped to build a great defense, and his drafts have been solid. But he is responsible for the Wilson trade and extension, both of which are crippling to the franchise. I think that as a matter of philosophy, it makes very little sense to commit so much of your salary cap to even a very good quarterback. No one thought Wilson was a top-5 quarterback last year. Some put him as low as the 11th (nfl.com) to 19th (PFF) best QB. Clearly, no one thought he was at the level of a Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or even Joe Burrow. An argument can be made that you can pay $50 million a year to one of those QBs, but does it really make sense to do that for a player out of the top 5? Of course, other teams have done that, like Arizona deciding to pay Kyler Murray. The Rams went to the Super Bowl with Jared Goff and the 49ers with Jimmy Garappolo. John Lynch wanted one second-round pick for Garappolo, and his price tag would have been around $25 million a year. I guess what should happen to Paton depends on your thoughts on this philosophy/approach of paying top dollar for a very good but not great QB. (Here, for the sake of argument, I am giving Paton the benefit of the doubt and categorizing Wilson as a "very good QB" based on his past performance/stats.

Comment

September 5, 2013 Peyton Manning scored 7 touchdowns vs Ravens.

In 2022, Russell Wilson scored 7 touchdowns in 8 games. Wilson scored 8 touchdowns through 11 games, surpassing Manning’s 7 touchdowns vs Ravens.

Comment

Originally posted by LakewoodLeon View Post

Going back to the original post, I think you make some valid points. It's been a weird year. I really held out hope for a turnaround until the Panthers game. The games have been close, and so many were winnable. I disagree with those here who say the whole team is a joke. The way the defense has played all year has been nothing short of amazing. I don't have any answers, and I don't know who should stay and who should be fired. Hackett has appeared to be terrible, and ultimately, he has to take responsibility for the losses, and yet, in some ways I feel sorry for him because now I have come to believe that the main problem is Wilson. I'm in the camp with those who say that maybe another coach can scheme better production out of Wilson next year. After all, that's all we can hope for at this point.

Should Paton be fired? He's helped to build a great defense, and his drafts have been solid. But he is responsible for the Wilson trade and extension, both of which are crippling to the franchise. I think that as a matter of philosophy, it makes very little sense to commit so much of your salary cap to even a very good quarterback. No one thought Wilson was a top-5 quarterback last year. Some put him as low as the 11th (nfl.com) to 19th (PFF) best QB. Clearly, no one thought he was at the level of a Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, or even Joe Burrow. An argument can be made that you can pay $50 million a year to one of those QBs, but does it really make sense to do that for a player out of the top 5? Of course, other teams have done that, like Arizona deciding to pay Kyler Murray. The Rams went to the Super Bowl with Jared Goff and the 49ers with Jimmy Garappolo. John Lynch wanted one second-round pick for Garappolo, and his price tag would have been around $25 million a year. I guess what should happen to Paton depends on your thoughts on this philosophy/approach of paying top dollar for a very good but not great QB. (Here, for the sake of argument, I am giving Paton the benefit of the doubt and categorizing Wilson as a "very good QB" based on his past performance/stats.
            I mean, if we got Jimmy G it would be the same attempts at fixing the qb situation as the last 7 years. We got Teddy B, Case keenum, Joe flacco. All those are kinda comparable to Jimmy. In hindsight yea, we would have gotten another average QB who would have performed better than RW without crippling the franchise for 5 years and we would go maybe 8-9 and be picking in the teens where we pickup another receiver in the first and blah blah blah.

Its just kinda hard to argue the logic of going after a top qb. I kinda respect the fact that he took his best shot at it, and it was for one of the best qbs over the last decade. The contract is really awful and everyone says why not wait to see how he plays as a bronco. But you already have seen him play for 10 years, what more do you need? He is about as much of a sure thing as you are going to get in the nfl, its a shame it failed so badly.

It really sucks that I now envy the flacco/keenum years.

Comment

Working...
            X