X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post

Tebow 2011 - 11 starts, 12 TDs, 6 INTs, 6 rushing TDs

Wilson 2022 - 11 starts, 8 TDs, 5 INTs, 1 rushing TD

Very sad that Wilson canā€™t even match Timmy.
    I know that Tebow bashing became a sport here after Manning started performing after W6/2012, but a huge difference was between the Tebow led Broncos and the sorry RW3 led Broncos, was that the Tebow led Broncos won 90% of games when opponents scored less than 33 points, and 80% of 1 score games.

Most ignore that by Tebow's 4th start he had tied Elway's career for comebacks of 15 points or more

The Tebow led Broncos produced a historically efficient rushing attack and was incredibly efficient at converting yards to scores, and rather few HOF QBs scored more than 32TD in 16 games.

I think we would all like RW3 to set positive records for comeback wins, scoring....

Do anyone really think that the Fox, McCoy, Allen coaching staff would get the same results out of our current team?

No QB since Manning has matched a very raw Tebow with coaching staff that got promoted because of their success with Tebow, but failed miserably afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

I know that Tebow bashing became a sport here after Manning started performing after W6/2012, but a huge difference was between the Tebow led Broncos and the sorry RW3 led Broncos, was that the Tebow led Broncos won 90% of games when opponents scored less than 33 points, and 80% of 1 score games.
      The Broncos forever earned a soft spot in my heart when the Tebow-lead Broncos beat the Stealers in sudden death overtime in a playoff game.

*chef's kiss*
      If you'll take no for an answer, someone's going to give it to you.

Comment

Most ignore that by Tebow's 4th start he had tied Elway's career for comebacks of 15 points or more

The Tebow led Broncos produced a historically efficient rushing attack and was incredibly efficient at converting yards to scores, and rather few HOF QBs scored more than 32TD in 16 games.

I think we would all like RW3 to set positive records for comeback wins, scoring....

Do anyone really think that the Fox, McCoy, Allen coaching staff would get the same results out of our current team?

No QB since Manning has matched a very raw Tebow with coaching staff that got promoted because of their success with Tebow, but failed miserably afterwards.
        I do. You mean does anyone, right?

10 characters
        Last edited by samparnell; 12-06-2022, 05:16 PM.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by toffee View Post

That would be an insult to a HOF QB
          Who is the HOF QB you speak of?

Comment

I was there in London in 2010 and saw Tebowā€™s first ever NFL TD when he was put on against the 49ers and barged over the line. I was also there a few weeks ago when Wilson and the Broncos actually played well overall, and beat the Jaguars, again, at Wembley.

The Broncos just need to play more games in London and make sure Iā€™m in the stadium. No-one could stop us.
            Renfrewshire Scotland - Colorado USA

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

I do.

10 characters
              What exactly do you think Mike McCoy would get out of Russel Wilson?
              Do you think our current defense would be better with Dennis Allen?

Comment

What exactly do you think Mike McCoy would get out of Russel Wilson?
                Do you think our current defense would be better with Dennis Allen?
                John Fox was a successful HC with a winning record. He would be 100% improvement over Hackett. Fox knew how to oversee an entire team and get them ready to play physically and mentally starting in the Spring. There wouldn't be a need to help him with dealing with confusion between the sideline and the box.

Unlike Nathaniel Hackett, Mike McCoy knows plenty about rushing attacks. The one he installed mid-season in 2011 used run plays from more different formations and rushing systems than any team at any level during one season than any other team of which I am aware. Give him credit for helping Tim Tebow enjoy the only success he has experienced in the NFL. He mitigated Tim's deficiencies as a passer through the use of the league's number one rushing attack. He would help Russell Wilson maximize his passing ability the same way.

Include Dave Magazu who was on that staff, too. He coached an O-Line that was half zone, half angle and was the master of influence.

Dennis Allen is an innovative defensive coach who brought the 3-3-5 defense to New Orleans which the Saints used to defeat Manning and the Colts in SB XLIV. He'd know what to do with Denver's current D as well.

Keep in mind that Denver's nine losses are by an average of c. 5.5 points each. If Fox, McCoy, Magazu and Allen were coaching Denver this year at their 2011 level of effectiveness, the Broncos would probably have at least nine wins right now, possibly ten.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Give props to Tebow! He has a knack for sneaking into conversations.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

John Fox was a successful HC with a winning record. He would be 100% improvement over Hackett. Fox knew how to oversee an entire team and get them ready to play physically and mentally starting in the Spring. There wouldn't be a need to help him with dealing with confusion between the sideline and the box.

Unlike Nathaniel Hackett, Mike McCoy knows plenty about rushing attacks. The one he installed mid-season in 2011 used run plays from more different formations and rushing systems than any team at any level during one season than any other team of which I am aware. Give him credit for helping Tim Tebow enjoy the only success he has experienced in the NFL. He mitigated Tim's deficiencies as a passer through the use of the league's number one rushing attack. He would help Russell Wilson maximize his passing ability the same way.

Include Dave Magazu who was on that staff, too. He coached an O-Line that was half zone, half angle and was the master of influence.

Dennis Allen is an innovative defensive coach who brought the 3-3-5 defense to New Orleans which the Saints used to defeat Manning and the Colts in SB XLIV. He'd know what to do with Denver's current D as well.

Keep in mind that Denver's nine losses are by an average of c. 5.5 points each. If Fox, McCoy, Magazu and Allen were coaching Denver this year at their 2011 level of effectiveness, the Broncos would probably have at least nine wins right now, possibly ten.
                    While Fox was a steady hand on the wheel I have a very hart time following the praise of Mike McCoy and Dennis Allen.

Mike McCoy was an unmitigated disaster when he came back to Denver, and he was pretty bad with Philip Rivers in SD. In 2011 the offense was incredibly inefficient until there was no time to run the Mike McCoy offense. Evaluated on the first 3 quarters of the 2011 games (the three at the end of 2010 were much different) the offense was a disaster, and the vast majority of the 2011 success was off script.

With no other QB did Mike McCoy ever have comparable success running the ball, and Tebow was a massive reason that they had the success doing that. Not only was he a major threat and a factor in wearing out defenses, he was also incredible at confusing defenses in the option game (that was used too much).
                    I don't see RW taking on linebackers and surviving, and I don't see where McCoy would be the savior.

As for Allen - we had the 24th ranked defense in 2011, and he was abysmal with the Raiders - even with Carr at QB.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueTalon View Post

The Broncos forever earned a soft spot in my heart when the Tebow-lead Broncos beat the Stealers in sudden death overtime in a playoff game.

*chef's kiss*

Truth !!
                      100%

Comment

Working...
                      X