Broncos reached out to Sean Payton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos reached out to Sean Payton

Broncos reached out to interview and received permission to interview the coach

I'd rather not give up our 1st round pick for a coach. Harbaugh is still the guy I want and I think Denver will sign. With all the reports out there about how Penner and Co. want to swing big for a coach I'm betting it's one of the 2 though.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
      https://twitter.com/uSTADIUM/status/1611851160943722496

Broncos reached out to interview and received permission to interview the coach
      While I supposes its a possibility, I still dont see it being plausable.
      sigpic

Comment

Please don't give up draft picks for a coach.

Comment

I kind of like Payton better than Harbaugh.
          They have to go after both of these guys.
          Do whatever it takes to get either one of these guys.

Comment

Honestly our roster sucks and our team has a few bad contracts.

id stay away
            -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

I guess I'm still going to have to find a cat to kick. I'm not a Payton fan any more than I am a Harbaugh fan.
              You're Wrong!
              Recognize That You're Wrong!
              Move On

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                I guess I'm still going to have to find a cat to kick. I'm not a Payton fan any more than I am a Harbaugh fan.
                This kind of statement is the reason why PETA exists.

Comment

We can't afford the picks we would need to land Payton - I don't think our low 1st Rounder (29th overall pick as things stand) would be enough to satisfy the Saints.

There's a reason betting odds only have Payton as the 4th favourite for the job.
                  Last edited by GMTD; 01-07-2023, 06:26 PM.

Comment

If they go Paton they will have to FA over draft picks and pay for over the cap - which this group may be ok with
                    Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                      We can't afford the picks we would need to land Payton - I don't think our low 1st Rounder (29th overall pick as things stand) would be enough to satisfy the Saints.

There's a reason betting odds only have Payton as the 4th favourite for the job.
                      And is he worth it? I think he's a good coach and would do good here but is he far and away better than - insert name - coach? Our roster needs that 1st round pick

Comment

I’m here to tell ya. We trade our 1st for Payton and he brings Vic with him, that’s a dream team. Then we use our 2 3rds on a couple linemen, and somehow lane Max Duggan in the 4th. That’s a wining strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                          I’m here to tell ya. We trade our 1st for Payton and he brings Vic with him, that’s a dream team. Then we use our 2 3rds on a couple linemen, and somehow lane Max Duggan in the 4th. That’s a wining strategy.
                          I think Harbaugh and Avero is a pretty good combo myself....plus we still have a 1st to use

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

And is he worth it? I think he's a good coach and would do good here but is he far and away better than - insert name - coach? Our roster needs that 1st round pick
                            Yeah, I'm with you.

We may simply be laying down a marker to other potential candidates and potential free agents that we are willing to risk whatever it takes to become successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

This kind of statement is the reason why PETA exists.

Well played, sir.
                              If you'll take no for an answer, someone's going to give it to you.

Comment

Working...
                              X