Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is wrong with the Denver Broncos? Is there hope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is wrong with the Denver Broncos? Is there hope?

Broncos from the mid 1970'ties till 2017 never produced two loosing seasons in a row.
    The pain of the last many years keeps festering, and even more so when I watch the playoffs with teams like SF49 that has success with a 7th round QB, that was their 3rd string. Ravens that has battled through with 3rd string as well, same with Miami...
    It seems sick that we have had no such positive experiences. Trevor Siemian under Kubes showed some promise, but where has it all gone and why?
    Where is it broken?
    Why do the likes of Keenum and Wilson fail?
    How can TeddyB have been the best QB we have had since Peyton - why did play decent when all others have stunk?

SF49 gave away 3x1st round picks to trade up for a QB that has produced nothing, and paying premium for the injured backup, riding a 7th rounder and they are still one of the strongest in the NFC.

Where should our hope come from?

Orange colored glasses of course.

Comment

Every organization goes through periods of success and failure. Any time there is a change in ownership big changes happen. My hope is this new ownership group wants to win and is willing to spend the necessary money to get it done

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
        Every organization goes through periods of success and failure. Any time there is a change in ownership big changes happen. My hope is this new ownership group wants to win and is willing to spend the necessary money to get it done
        Don't you think the Bowlen's did?
        You have cap restrictions except with coaching, but I did not get the impression that our coaching after Shanahan was hampered by financial constraints, but either by poor structures or choosing the wrong people.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Don't you think the Bowlen's did?
          You have cap restrictions except with coaching, but I did not get the impression that our coaching after Shanahan was hampered by financial constraints, but either by poor structures or choosing the wrong people.
          Of course, and is it a coincidence that as soon as Mr Bowlen passed we started a decline? We have to have someone in charge at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            I think success walks hand and hand with failure.

To be successful, sometimes you kinda need to fail at something, and then learn from it, on your way to being successful .

Penner is going to right this ship!

(The "Camaraderieship")
            ~Bubby Brister~

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
              Broncos from the mid 1970'ties till 2017 never produced two loosing seasons in a row.
              The pain of the last many years keeps festering, and even more so when I watch the playoffs with teams like SF49 that has success with a 7th round QB, that was their 3rd string. Ravens that has battled through with 3rd string as well, same with Miami...
              It seems sick that we have had no such positive experiences. Trevor Siemian under Kubes showed some promise, but where has it all gone and why?
              Where is it broken?
              Why do the likes of Keenum and Wilson fail?
              How can TeddyB have been the best QB we have had since Peyton - why did play decent when all others have stunk?

SF49 gave away 3x1st round picks to trade up for a QB that has produced nothing, and paying premium for the injured backup, riding a 7th rounder and they are still one of the strongest in the NFC.

Where should our hope come from?
              Mistakes have been made, no doubt about it.

My hopes come from the difference I saw in the team that took the field in the last two games of the year. Somebody should have pulled the plug after two games on that idiot Hackett.

We completely wasted last season!
              [sigpic

Comment

My hope comes from the ownership. The winning culture and standard came from Mr. B in the past. I’m hoping Penner can create a winning attitude and culture. It will start by bringing in a competent coaching staff.

I personally think we have enough pieces in place to be way more competitive than we were this year. With a good offseason, I think the tides could turn as soon as next year.

A lot of things have to go right, but it isn’t impossible. A proper coaching staff will be a big step in the right direction.

Comment

As far as ownership goes, I think it's fair to say they will spend money when warranted. They put in a new field for the last game, even though that field is going to be replaced before the preseason starts.

I don't think cash flow is going to be the excuse any GM or coach can use.

I just hope they realize that Sean Payton isn't worth the compensation the Saints will want, if they do decide to play hard ball. I would guess though that the Saints have already indicated to Sean Payton what they will want and that he understands and agrees with it.

Ownership is the only hope right now. There is no coach. The quarterback is questionable. The offensive line is suspect. The running back is injured. The receivers are inconsistent. The defense is in doubt for no other reason than there will be a new coaching staff. What else, besides ownership, is there to pin your hopes on for future success?
                  Last edited by broncolee; 01-16-2023, 11:12 AM.
                  You're Wrong!
                  Recognize That You're Wrong!
                  Move On

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                    My hope comes from the ownership. The winning culture and standard came from Mr. B in the past. I’m hoping Penner can create a winning attitude and culture. It will start by bringing in a competent coaching staff.

I personally think we have enough pieces in place to be way more competitive than we were this year. With a good offseason, I think the tides could turn as soon as next year.

A lot of things have to go right, but it isn’t impossible. A proper coaching staff will be a big step in the right direction.
                    There are lots of reasons for hope next year.
                    I don't believe we had any one player or coach or even a General Manager that caused our problems.
                    I think we had continual injury problems combined with ineffectual execution due to unforeseeable bad luck.
                    Problems were compounded by a series of unfortunate events.
                    There was no one person you could point to and say he is the problem and all will be fixed if we replace him.
                    Anyone could point to many little things and say that we stunk.
                    WE DIDN'T STINK ! ! ! ! !
                    On the contrary, we overcame a lot of issues and still lost.

We had a tough resilient group of players and coaches that never stopped trying. Yet, we still lost many close games.
                    Too many close games were decided by bad calls or too many penalties or one or two bad decisions.
                    Our QB and his teammates didn't really gel with the scheme or each other until late in the season.
                    There were too many inconsistencies in gameplay and an obvious lack of rhythm on offense to achieve good execution.
                    The worst injury on the offensive side of the ball was probably Tim Patrick.
                    It certainly didn't help to lose Javonte only a few games into the season either.

We do have one huge advantage mixed in with our bad luck.
                    We know exactly what we have and don't have in our backups,
                    and now our backups have valuable NFL game experience that many other teams do not.
                    Next year should be far more enjoyable to watch as the injury bug moves on to other teams.
                    In our current Broncos, I see a team with a depth of character combined with talent
                    that should carry them well into the playoffs next year.

From top to bottom,
                    the Denver Broncos are winners just waiting for their next opponent.
                    I pity the fool who takes them for granted next year.
                    "Reason for Hope", you ask?
                    YES, plenty of reasons.
                    The owners and the staff they will acquire will all be reasons.
                    But, most of all, the ROSTER has a fire in its belly that won't be quenched by anything short of a Superbowl victory.

Comment

As we've watched, any time a decision is available, the wrong decision can be made. Equally, there is opportunity for correct decisions to be made.

I chalk the vast majority of those wrong decisions to corrupt motivation that lived in the thieves of the Trust. Now that those cretins are gone, new ownership has the opportunity for correct decisions based on better motivation. The new owners do not need to steal money like the Trust. As long as they are interested in winning, I'm hopeful they will make FAR better decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post

Mistakes have been made, no doubt about it.

My hopes come from the difference I saw in the team that took the field in the last two games of the year. Somebody should have pulled the plug after two games on that idiot Hackett.

We completely wasted last season!
                        Some things worked and most didn't.

As a rookie DC, Ejiro Evero did a very good job having his guys ready to play for the most part. They held opponents to 17 points or less nine times. They won only one game when allowing more than that, and lost four of those by a total of 18 points. They received little complementary help from the O. They were tied for fourteenth in takeaways, but were -1 total because O gave it away one more than the D took.

O was a disaster due to Hackett having no clue. STs showed no significant improvement from 2021, and Jerry Rosburg fired the STC as soon as he was named interim HC.

Watched all the Wild Card playoff games and saw the Niners, whom the Broncos defeated, beat the Seahawks to whom the Broncos lost by one point; saw the Ravens, who defeated the Broncos by one point, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory at Cincinnati; saw the Chargers, with whom the Broncos split, blow a 27 point lead against the Jags whom the Broncos defeated. So, Denver was 3-3 against teams in the Wildcard Round and lost to the three Wildcard teams that defeated them in the regular season by a total of five points.

Denver was swept by KC by a total of nine points.

The most embarrassing losses were at home to the Colts, Jets and Raiders, and the Xmas Day catastrophe in LA that triggered the axe for Hackett the next day.

The next HC will have some positives on which to build, and the biggest negative, Hackett, is gone.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Hope should come from the fact it would be very difficult to replicate the offensive catastrophe that Hackett brought us
                          Skill + Effort = Talent. Talent + Effort = Achievement. A. Duckworth - Grit.

Comment

The good news about hitting Rock Bottom is that there is no other way to go other than UP !!

Comment

There is plenty of evidence that the problem with this season was Hackett. Despite our record, the team never quit. They were in almost all the games they lost, and our record could have easily been a lot better. Our roster will only be better next year as players return from injuries. I believe Wilson will rebound, as he showed that he was capable of playing better in the last two games. The most important piece will be the head coaching hire. They are talking to the right people, and there are a number of people on that list who will be a big improvement over Hackett. I am optimistic about 2023!

Comment

Working...
                              X