Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos in talks to bring back Fangio as DC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos in talks to bring back Fangio as DC?

According to Dave Logan the Broncos and Dolphins are negotiating with Vic Fangio.

Last edited by skate_d3; 01-31-2023, 07:21 PM. Reason: Edited because the link was going to the twitter splash page for some reason.
    2013 Packers GM - Check my profile for trade block and draft picks.

I prefer to keep Evero but if he ends up leaving I'm perfectly fine bringing Vic back as defensive coordinator.
    sigpic

Comment

I don't hate Vic, but I would prefer Ejiro.
      Bring Back ORANGE Sunday!!!

Tim Tebow combines the intensity of Ray Lewis with the throwing ability of... Ray Lewis.

"It is a damn poor mind indeed which can't think of at least two ways to spell any word."-Andrew Jackson

sigpic

Comment

Saw this earlier and wondered if it was true. I'd rather keep Eviro, but it's true that he might be a hot HC candidate soon and we'd end up losing him anyway. Kind of weird that the Broncos did this with Wade Phillips and it may be happening again.
        Adopt-A-Bronco: Tim Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
          Saw this earlier and wondered if it was true. I'd rather keep Eviro, but it's true that he might be a hot HC candidate soon and we'd end up losing him anyway. Kind of weird that the Broncos did this with Wade Phillips and it may be happening again.
          I think it's too soon to bring Vic back. With Phillips, at least he was gone 20 years and had a few jobs in between.
          sigpic

Comment

I believe Ejiro was gone the moment he turned down the interim HC job. He was loyal to Hackett.

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus View Post
              I believe Ejiro was gone the moment he turned down the interim HC job. He was loyal to Hackett.
              Had nothing to do with that… hate to make it about race, but if he took the job he would’ve been looked at negatively for leading a sinking ship.. it would’ve hurt his value and black coaches have a heard enough time getting jobs.
              -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post

Had nothing to do with that… hate to make it about race, but if he took the job he would’ve been looked at negatively for leading a sinking ship.. it would’ve hurt his value and black coaches have a heard enough time getting jobs.
                I don't think taking the iHC would of hurt his value per say BUT, it would only increased his value IF the Broncos were wildly successful in the last two games he HC'd. That looked unlikely at the time.

Comment

They probably need to pay him in the neighborhood of 3 million a year, and he would be the highest paid defensive coordinator.
                  But, if Sean Payton really wants him, he probably already has negotiated that with the boss, and then maybe took a little bit less himself, so he could have the DC that he wanted.

Just pure speculation on my part.

Comment

I kind of hope Evero gets a head coaching job. Indy and Arizona both still in play for him. If Sean wants Vic it's probably best for everyone

Comment

I'm not opposed to Vic as a DC. Another poster mentioned he'd be a good hire because we wouldn't have to worry about him getting poached to be a HC. Evero will probably get a shot real soon. That's a good point. Vic is an excellent DC, but probably won't be sought after as a HC, so he'd probably stick around for a while as a DC.

Comment

"Payton has been connected with former Broncos head coach Vic Fangio as his defensive coordinator, but team management also would like to keep Ejiro Evero, who is under contract for at least one more season. Ultimately, it will be Payton's call. Also under consideration: Does Fango want to return to Denver just one year after he was fired as head coach and does Evero want to return after his best friend Hackett was dismissed before finishing his first season as head coach?"
                        — Mike Klis

source: https://www.9news.com/article/sports...d-4568bb5eca62

So would I. Hopefully Evero doesn't get hired by some other team and Payton recognizes his value and chooses him. Fangio back in the building in a subordinate role so soon seems awkward as hell.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Evero should stay and continue his dominance. He will leave eventually if he continues this level of competition. One good thing about keeping him on for one more year is Denver would receive compensatory picks for him after next season if he leaves then.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                            Evero should stay and continue his dominance. He will leave eventually if he continues this level of competition. One good thing about keeping him on for one more year is Denver would receive compensatory picks for him after next season if he leaves then.
                            If they pay him 3 mill a year Vic should be happy with coming back.

Comment

Vic is rumored to be in talks with Mia, Den and Hou according to the McAfee Show. The sourced their reports but I did not write it down.

I prefer Evero. I like his style on defense. That attacking style wins Rings imo.

Would rather get Phillips than Vic. Not sure if we have the players for Vic defense to win a Ring. Evero and Phillips will adjust their defense to their players.
                              Skill + Effort = Talent. Talent + Effort = Achievement. A. Duckworth - Grit.

Comment

Working...
                              X