Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cutler went back into the draft...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If Cutler went back into the draft...

    ... after watching his 2006 year, do you think he would go #1 overall?

  • #2
    Originally posted by broncsx3
    ... after watching his 2006 year, do you think he would go #1 overall?
    2006 with the broncos?
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by broncsx3
      ... after watching his 2006 year, do you think he would go #1 overall?
      This is the strangest hypothetical I've ever seen....... no one can ever re-enter the draft, why don't we just talk about magical ferries isntead

      I'm not trying to be rude man, so I hope you don't take offense, but this is one strange question....
      sigpic
      The only thing that can stop the ninja.
      Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

      Comment


      • #4
        Actually, I think it's just a re-evaluation of the draft ratings ... would he move up or down? Would he be the 1st qb picked, instead of 3rd? I guess someone with in depth knowledge of how each draftee fared could put up new draft ratings based on their actual performance, against what their potential was, at least for 2006.

        Comment


        • #5
          I think he means if Cutler were a senior and in the draft this year.

          He'd be overlooked again. Russel would be the top guy and Quinn would be the other top guy.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BigBroncLove
            This is the strangest hypothetical I've ever seen....... no one can ever re-enter the draft, why don't we just talk about magical ferries isntead

            I'm not trying to be rude man, so I hope you don't take offense, but this is one strange question....
            Um no offense, but ferries are large boats that carry people and cars. Fairies are small winged imps.

            And I think Cutler would be first overall. Last year was the best QB draft in a long while. Who knows if it will live up to the 1983 hype, but with the ways Young, Leinart, and Cutler are playing, it just might. This makes me thrilled .

            Besides, who would you rather have? JaMarcus Russell or Jay Cutler? Give me Jay any day.


            RIP D-Will and Nash

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by evendelae
              Um no offense, but ferries are large boats that carry people and cars. Fairies are small winged imps.

              And I think Cutler would be first overall. Last year was the best QB draft in a long while. Who knows if it will live up to the 1983 hype, but with the ways Young, Leinart, and Cutler are playing, it just might. This makes me thrilled .

              Besides, who would you rather have? JaMarcus Russell or Jay Cutler? Give me Jay any day.
              Well thanks for pointing that out, I did make a small mistake there. Feel better now?
              Last edited by BigBroncLove; 02-23-2007, 08:02 PM.
              sigpic
              The only thing that can stop the ninja.
              Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by evendelae
                Um no offense, but ferries are large boats that carry people and cars. Fairies are small winged imps.

                And I think Cutler would be first overall. Last year was the best QB draft in a long while. Who knows if it will live up to the 1983 hype, but with the ways Young, Leinart, and Cutler are playing, it just might. This makes me thrilled .

                Besides, who would you rather have? JaMarcus Russell or Jay Cutler? Give me Jay any day.
                You're "imps" comment made me laugh.

                Anyway, To me it didn't have a whole lot to do with Jay's QB ability as far as where he was drafted. It was more about the school he played for and how they did overall. Russel and Quinn are the celebrated QBs in the draft this year just as Young and Leinart were last year.

                They were the media favorites because of their play and the teams they played for. Vandy was again in the background this year and didn't get much exposure. Talks of Jay Cutler didn't come on until close to or after the combine. That's when everyone was like "wait a minute, who's this kid."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BigBroncLove
                  Well thanks for pointing that out, I did make a small mistake there. Feel better now?
                  LOL I didn't mean it badly at all. I just thought it was a pretty funny mixup, because I can totally picture like flying boats casting spells and curses or something

                  Anyway. Cutler. He's a good one, that Cutler...


                  RIP D-Will and Nash

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DawgFanatic
                    2006 with the broncos?
                    No, 2006 with the Colts.

                    Of course with the Broncos. I'm saying... after watching Cutler play in 2006, is it clear that he was undervalued at 11? Or as a Broncos fan do we just feel that way?

                    If he was to (magically) re-enter the draft this year, would he go #1 overall?

                    I think he would... but I think its interesting question to think about.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by // / yardo
                      I think he means if Cutler were a senior and in the draft this year.

                      He'd be overlooked again. Russel would be the top guy and Quinn would be the other top guy.
                      As they should be IMHO.
                      SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MileHighStud
                        As they should be IMHO.
                        He'd probably be in a good spot for us to trade up again and steal him. Of course that's bad news for Jake though.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by evendelae
                          LOL I didn't mean it badly at all. I just thought it was a pretty funny mixup, because I can totally picture like flying boats casting spells and curses or something

                          Anyway. Cutler. He's a good one, that Cutler...
                          Oh, I know it was just a quick point mano, no worries . That is a pretty funny mental picture though
                          sigpic
                          The only thing that can stop the ninja.
                          Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by broncsx3
                            ... after watching his 2006 year, do you think he would go #1 overall?
                            He played 5 games and lost three of them. So, no.

                            The better question is would Vince Young have gone #1 overall because all he did was nearly lead the Titans to the playoffs by his damn self.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DevilSpawn
                              He played 5 games and lost three of them. So, no.

                              The better question is would Vince Young have gone #1 overall because all he did was nearly lead the Titans to the playoffs by his damn self.
                              And three defensive touchdowns in one game. The Titans were about as lucky as a team can be. Young isn't all that good of a quarterback. If he stops having this luck streak, then how will the Titans feel about him then? It's not every week you are able to break a 30 yard run to win the game. Eventually, VY is bound to meet someone who can tackle. Hasn't happened yet, but it will.

                              And Cutler played very well. He had the best passer rating of all the rookie QB's, it just the fact that the fricken' Broncos were determined to lose. I don't blame those losses on Cutler at all, it was a team effort. The team was just awful. Pathetic.

                              But hey, at least we're not the Raiders. How did Aaron Brooks work out?
                              The Raiders need to get better soon so those rivalry games are fun again.


                              RIP D-Will and Nash

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X