No announcement yet.

If Cutler went back into the draft...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defenses will start scheming against Young the way they did against Vick. He'll be a running threat at the expense of other aspects of his team. What will make the difference is when he's forced to throw in the pocket will he succeed? Vick couldn't. Will Young be able to? Who knows but that will make or break him.

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighStud
      As they should be IMHO.
      Thats stupid^^ LMAO @ THAT!!

Quinn flat out sucks
      Pathetich waste of garbage IMHO
      i wouldnt take him over my little cousin.

Jamarcus is okay but I still wouldnt take him over Jay.

Jay>Jamarcus>Garbage> whoever else

thats my order^

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
        He played 5 games and lost three of them. So, no.

The better question is would Vince Young have gone #1 overall because all he did was nearly lead the Titans to the playoffs by his damn self.
        Frankly if all three QBs (Cutler, Leinart, Young) were to re-enter the draft this year they would go in about the same order. Young would be #1 overall, because of what he's done. Cutler would probably move up a few places -- I can't see Green Bay taking A.J. Hawk over him for instance.

But realisitically, would S.F. take Cutler? No, because they have Alex Smith the #1 overall pick the year before.

Same with other teams. If you don't need a QB you don't draft one even if he's going to be very good.

On the other hand, if you're the Raiders you don't take Cutler because Al Davis is dumber than a rock would rather have Ted Ginn or or Calvin Johnson (love that speed!). So apparently, Johnson is going to throw the ball up in the air, run downfield and then catch it because the Raiders don't have a QB.
        Last edited by Cugel; 02-24-2007, 04:04 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Here's an NFL redraft

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9907670

Now that the rookie Class of 2006 has one season down, what would the first 20 picks look like in a redraft with no teams considered? Here's a list based on the opinion of two personnel people along with my opinion.

1. Vince Young
          2. Matt Leinart
          3. Jay Cutler
          4. DeMeco Ryans
          5. Reggie Bush
          6. Maurice Jones-Drew
          7. Mark Anderson
          8. Marques Colston
          9. A.J. Hawk
          10. Devin Hester
          11. Kamerion Wimbley
          12. Mario Williams
          13. Nick Mangold
          14. D'Brickashaw Ferguson
          15. Santonio Holmes
          16. Laurence Maroney
          17. Joseph Addai
          18. Marcus McNeill
          19. Johnathan Joseph
          20. Dawan Landry

It is interesting that seven of these 20 were not even first-round selections last spring. But like the saying goes, "The reason a rearview mirror is smaller than a windshield is because we should look forward more than we look back."
          You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Jay Cutler would be #1 in any draft

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo
              Defenses will start scheming against Young the way they did against Vick. He'll be a running threat at the expense of other aspects of his team. What will make the difference is when he's forced to throw in the pocket will he succeed? Vick couldn't. Will Young be able to? Who knows but that will make or break him.
              Great Post :thumb: Yardo CPs coming

Comment

Working...
              X