Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutler compared to Manning by Martz....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cutler compared to Manning by Martz....

    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5295313

    That is some high praise for the rookie

    I too believe that Cutler is going to be a very special QB
    I owe CP's to: no one

  • #2
    thats a little bold of a statement if u ask me...don't get me wrong cutler will be an elite qb in the nfl in the years to come....i don't think there isn't a qb in the nfl right now that can't be compared to peyton manning...

    in all this i hope i eat my words about the manning comparison

    go broncos !!!

    Comment


    • #3
      More of a comparison to how good he can be, not like. . . who he compares to.

      Comment


      • #4
        Time will tell, but I think this kid is gonna be real good. Of course, everything will depend on the running game, as our OL is not designed for pure pass blocking. If the running game can re-establish the threat that other teams instinctively associated with the Broncos in the recent past, Cutler will thrive. If other teams do not fear the run, they can (and will) put Cutler in their crosshairs and rush him relentlessly. He's still a kid and needs to learn how to manage the NFL game. If he spends half the game on his back, we're in for a long couple of years.
        Last edited by Broncs Bomber; 02-24-2007, 01:50 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Interesting comparison. I wonder what he thinks is similar... decisiveness, vision, quick release? Because Cutler is a lot more mobile and has a stronger arm. Or did he just mean that Cutler will play at a high level like Manning even though they're different types of QB?

          Either way, that is high praise. Here's hoping Cutler can become as dominant as Peyton.
          "You can't take the sky from me..."
          ------
          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

          Comment


          • #6
            Thank you . . .

            Originally posted by Dream
            More of a comparison to how good he can be, not like. . . who he compares to.
            While there may not presently be a QB who can be compared directly to Manning (I
            think that was what the poster before you was trying to say), this was not the gist
            of the article. As you made clear, the author of the article was saying that Martz (who
            knows more about offense than the rest of us put together) implied that Cutler has
            the potential of playing himself into Manning's class.

            What I really liked was Cutler's attitude, that he still has a lot of work to do. The kid's
            humility just might be the factor that puts him over the top, giving him that "it," for
            which he will be searching.

            -----

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by javon84walker#1
              thats a little bold of a statement if u ask me...don't get me wrong cutler will be an elite qb in the nfl in the years to come....i don't think there isn't a qb in the nfl right now that can't be compared to peyton manning...

              in all this i hope i eat my words about the manning comparison

              go broncos !!!

              imo i dont think it is such a bold statement. after all martz is just saying he "could be an elite player" and he very well can be.

              cutler has all the potential to be elite and with the broncos he will have the tools around him at his disposal.

              its great seeing respect where respect is earned

              although cutler hasnt done much for the broncos yet, he still has earned respect for his on field abilities.
              sigpic

              sig by B4B6..

              Comment


              • #8
                Reading things like these always put a smile on my face.

                It's a feel good story about how good some of our young players can potentially be.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Chidoze
                  Reading things like these always put a smile on my face.

                  It's a feel good story about how good some of our young players can potentially be.
                  I agree. While I always try to keep things in prespective, and never want to over hype a player, stories like this always make that harder. It's almost impossible to not smile as you read this story as a Bronco fan .

                  I hope this doesn't raise any expectations sort of how this year was (We always have high standards for our QB's in Denver, but I felt expectations were especially high at the beginning of the season and brought down un needed negativity at times). I do hope Cutler can live up to it though .

                  Go Broncos.
                  sigpic
                  The only thing that can stop the ninja.
                  Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    take that, haters! :hammer: :hammer:


                    yet another noted authority heaping praise on cutler. . . .


                    Jay-C FTW!


                    Officially Objectified by the GPA

                    rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      He said "Manning stratosphere" or whatever...meaning he thinks he can be in that same upper-echelon.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dogfish
                        take that, haters! :hammer: :hammer:


                        yet another noted authority heaping praise on cutler. . . .


                        Jay-C FTW!



                        You beat me to it!!

                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Keep the praise coming.

                          Glad to see Cutler getting praised. I don't like the comparisons because I think Jay Cutler will become a completely unique QB.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I was certianly impressed with what I saw of Cutler last year.

                            The only thing I had questions about was his demeanor and lack of emotion.

                            Then I saw a game where a LB was talking trash in his face and Cultler just pushed him out of the way like "Get the **** out of my face." It was awesome.

                            Right then, I knew we had our man.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                              I was certianly impressed with what I saw of Cutler last year.

                              The only thing I had questions about was his demeanor and lack of emotion.

                              Then I saw a game where a LB was talking trash in his face and Cultler just pushed him out of the way like "Get the **** out of my face." It was awesome.

                              Right then, I knew we had our man.


                              Sometimes the 'Poker face' is a good thing. We all got a taste of what Culter is about and I'm anxious to see him play next year. I trust what Martz says. A rookie talking trash to a LB without being skiddish is a rookie worth having around.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X