No announcement yet.

Cutler compared to Manning by Martz....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if we will see a QB like Manning for awhile but Jay may be the closest thing. One thing I hope is that people compare other QB's to Cutler in a few years in the same way as Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrenaline84
      I don't know if we will see a QB like Manning for awhile but Jay may be the closest thing. One thing I hope is that people compare other QB's to Cutler in a few years in the same way as Manning.
      I hope we can refer to Cutler in a few years as people refer to Manning now, One of the best in the business and a Super Bowl champion!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by javon84walker#1
        thats a little bold of a statement if u ask me. broncos !!!
        Couldnt agree more.
        SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

I love reading stuff like this about Cutler 'cause I feel the same way about him. This coming from some one that knows offense is great and I like Cutler's attitude.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
          How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

Yea it's not like Martz isn't one of the greatest offensive minds the league has ever seen...

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
              Yeah if you keep going do this path then you sure will deserve to be banned.
              I'm not usually..actually never..in this sort of mood.

Comment

My apologies..I snapped..never been like this..just in a bad bad mood..depressed..drunk..frustrated..eh..what more can I say..

Comment

Just take it easy for a second.

Of course people overrate Cutler, but its a Denver Broncos message board, what do you expect?

I don't know what Cutler will turn out to be like honestly, it all depends on the kind of offense Shanahan builds around Cutler.

There are a lot of bad rookie QBs, that turn out great.

There are some QBs that start good, but steadily decline, teasing so to speak.

Cutler has the tools to be great, lets see if he has what it takes, his 2-3 record is all he has to back him up, stats aside.

His future looks bright though, so we'll see how it plays out.
                  Last edited by LordTrychon; 02-24-2007, 07:12 PM.
                  sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                  Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by AntiSteeler
                    I'm not usually..actually never..in this sort of mood.
                    I agree with too, from what I can remember of your previous posts.
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

My apologies..I snapped..never been like this..just in a bad bad mood..depressed..drunk..frustrated..eh..what more can I say..
                      I would ask you what's going on here but this isn't the place. PM me if you want to talk.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

You didn't offend me. This is just a message board after all. Hope you work out the depression and find a better mood somewhere. I've had worse things said and done to me than that.

There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

I Support our Troops!
                        How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

Comment

After I saw him play against UF in the swamp in 2005, I knew he was going to be good and I was elated when Denver maneuvered to get him. Hopefully he stays healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust
                            Just take it easy for a second.

Of course people overrate Cutler, but its a Denver Broncos message board, what do you expect?

I don't know what Cutler will turn out to be like honestly, it all depends on the kind of offense Shanahan builds around Cutler.

There are a lot of bad rookie QBs, that turn out great.

There are some QBs that start good, but steadily decline, teasing so to speak.

Cutler has the tools to be great, lets see if he has what it takes, his 2-3 record is all he has to back him up, stats aside.

His future looks bright though, so we'll see how it plays out.

well, those quotes came from mike martz, not from some homer bronco fans! the guy ran one of the greatest offenses the game has ever seen-- and they didn't miss a beat when vermeil left, either. . . . he gets a large share of the credit for developing marshall faulk and some grocery bagger named warner into league MVPs, as well as the development of tory holt. . . he also turned no-name marc bulger into one of the best QBs in the NFC, a legit pro bowler. . . he even got a 4,000 yard season out of john freakin' kitna! not to mention close to 100 receptions from a castoff who was playing safety a year ago. . . . martz is one of the brightest offensive minds of his generation, and his specialty is the passing game-- dude knows QBs. . .

he also has no particular reason to talk up broncos players-- i see no reason to take his remarks at anything less than face value. . . especially when other NFL minds like ron jaworski, mike mayock and chris collinsworth have also really talked up young mr. cutler's ability. . . not to mention hall of fame QBs steve young and john elway. . . hell, even merril hodge can see cutler's talent, and we all know hodge isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. . . nope, cutler is a special talent-- it's easy to see. . . . some guys just have it, and he's got it! nothing at all wrong with talking about it-- broncos fans SHOULD be excited. . . .
                            Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

I'm glad you've all worked out your differences...

But let's please keep the namecalling and smack out of this.

It's entirely possible to disagree without insulting other members.

Thanks.
                              Thanks, Reid!
                              sigpic
                              Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
                                well, those quotes came from mike martz, not from some homer bronco fans! the guy ran one of the greatest offenses the game has ever seen-- and they didn't miss a beat when vermeil left, either. . . . he gets a large share of the credit for developing marshall faulk and some grocery bagger named warner into league MVPs, as well as the development of tory holt. . . he also turned no-name marc bulger into one of the best QBs in the NFC, a legit pro bowler. . . he even got a 4,000 yard season out of john freakin' kitna! not to mention close to 100 receptions from a castoff who was playing safety a year ago. . . . martz is one of the brightest offensive minds of his generation, and his specialty is the passing game-- dude knows QBs. . .

he also has no particular reason to talk up broncos players-- i see no reason to take his remarks at anything less than face value. . . especially when other NFL minds like ron jaworski, mike mayock and chris collinsworth have also really talked up young mr. cutler's ability. . . not to mention hall of fame QBs steve young and john elway. . . hell, even merril hodge can see cutler's talent, and we all know hodge isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. . . nope, cutler is a special talent-- it's easy to see. . . . some guys just have it, and he's got it! nothing at all wrong with talking about it-- broncos fans SHOULD be excited. . . .
                                I got a philosophy.

Expect the worst, and you'll never be dissapointed.

So I will stay on my grain-of-salt diet.

I'm confident in his ability, but I have my doubts.
                                Last edited by Lorcust; 02-24-2007, 07:19 PM.
                                sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
                                Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Working...
                                X