No announcement yet.

Cutler compared to Manning by Martz....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just trying to nip this in the bud... Please don't turn this into another Jake vs. Jay debate. Some nice things were said about Jay's potential. Let's try to stay on that topic without breaking into the standard combat. :thumb:
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
      Just trying to nip this in the bud... Please don't turn this into another Jake vs. Jay debate. Some nice things were said about Jay's potential. Let's try to stay on that topic without breaking into the standard combat. :thumb:

The Jake fans can leave the thread now

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!!

Surely you must not mean me right?

Because I am not willing to put Jay in the HOF nor unnecessarily put some cheap shots on Plummer MUST mean I'm a Jake fan.

I'm a bronco fan, I support who Shanahan puts out on the field.

It does not mean I do not have my doubts about Jay.

Some of the pro-Jay people are getting sort of annoying now, making people who supported Jake seem like different Bronco fans for doing so.
        sigpic

:cool: 150 lbs of pure steel and sex appeal. :cool:

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

:logo:
        Denver Broncos General Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Lorcust

Because I am not willing to put Jay in the HOF nor unnecessarily put some cheap shots on Plummer MUST mean I'm a Jake fan.

Some of the pro-Jay people are getting sort of annoying now, making people who supported Jake seem like different Bronco fans for doing so.
          Yea some people are annoying and have Thick Skulls

Your knowledgeable and realistic so you can stay in the thread

but MileHighStud can leave the thread ... and never come back JK MHS

Comment

They're Bronco fans. There's no reason they can't be a part of the discussion. Why is there still the need to polarize the board over this issue?
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
              They're Bronco fans. There's no reason they can't be a part of the discussion. Why is there still the need to polarize the board over this issue?
              Well i just dont like when ppl say: Jay Sucks and all that stuff.

i dont mind fans who will actually say something positive or dont say anything at all.

But its those little rascals that have to throw an insult every chance they can get.

Those are the times when i wish i was a captain

Comment

Speaking of Hall of Fame John Elway spoke very highly of Jay
                http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_4777400

Comment

Well i just dont like when ppl say: Jay Sucks and all that stuff.

i dont mind fans who will actually say something positive or dont say anything at all.

But its those little rascals that have to throw an insult every chance they can get.

Those are the times when i wish i was a captain

"I love irony"

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy
                    Speaking of Hall of Fame John Elway spoke very highly of Jay
                    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_4777400
                    Didn't John Elway also say Jake Plummer would get us back to the Superbowl?

How'd that work out? (Not entirely his fault)

Maybe Cutler can, maybe Cutler can't, but there are plenty of QBs who go there whole career, talented franchise QBs that never make the SB from their early days, to their glory days, to the twilight of their career.

We can just wait and see. There are no guarentees either way of what he will do, and I have my doubts.

Jay doesn't have a tough task of settling those doubts though... keep us in contention and I'll be happy.
                    sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed
                      "I love irony"
                      It sort of makes me throw up sometimes.
                      sigpic

D.J. 55's Mock Draft:

Comment

but MileHighStud can leave the thread ... and never come back JK MHS
                        Hey c'mon now bro!! There is only a hand full of people in this place that I can actually have serious discussions with in regards to both Jay and Jake. Broncosexydaddy, and you (Jaycutler4mvp) are a couple of them, which is why I asked "how do you figure?" it was a simple question and I didnt mean anything by it, I am sure he (BSD) knows that, and I know YOU (JC4MVP) do.
                        SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

MileHighStud

Originally posted by MileHighStud
                          Hey c'mon now bro!! There is only a hand full of people in this place that I can actually have serious discussions with in regards to both Jay and Jake. Broncosexydaddy, and you (Jaycutler4mvp) are a couple of them, which is why I asked "how do you figure?" it was a simple question and I didnt mean anything by it, I am sure he (BSD) knows that, and I know YOU (JC4MVP) do.
                          Your alright with Me and Mr JayCutler4MVP, Welcome back! .Pull your chair up you can stay if you like.

Comment

I think...

Originally posted by MileHighStud
                            ...I'm somewhere in there also, because as disgusted as I was with the pick of a QB in the first round last year (I really wanted someone to replace Mike Anderson) and my belief still that it caused a severe QB controversy that we didn't need at the time (heck we were that close to a SB), I am excited about the future and can only concentrate on the upcoming season with my usual hopes and dreams for lots of wins. Many talk about stats as though they are the most important but I hope all take into consideration that wins are what counts. Teamwork is great but if you lose the game you don't win the championship. I want another one in Denver and hope those in charge always make the right decisions about players. I didn't agree with the one they made this time but God I can't wait to see me prove myself wrong. I just love my Broncos, what can I say !
                            Be jealous haters...I am the #1 Broncos fan no matter what your car tag says

Comment

I just always keep my doubts is all.

Players look good, and sometimes regress, and I always hold that option for Cutler.

I am impressed with how he has done so far, but stats will only get you so far.

2-3 is his career record so far, and I'm confident he will improve it to a winning record, or hopeful should I say.

We'll see what Jay does next season. There are no guarentees in football.

Oh and BroncosSexyDaddy, I was always on the train, the Broncos train.
                              BTW, Lorcust, upon re-reading my post, I could see how what I said could be
                              interpreted as a direct reference to you. You didn't appear to take it that way, but I
                              did want to assure you that I was talking generically, and not saying you
                              personally have those characteristics. (Boy, this was a clumsy paragraph . . . I
                              hope I was clear enough in this.)

-----

Comment

Didn't John Elway also say Jake Plummer would get us back to the Superbowl?

How'd that work out? (Not entirely his fault)

Maybe Cutler can, maybe Cutler can't, but there are plenty of QBs who go there whole career, talented franchise QBs that never make the SB from their early days, to their glory days, to the twilight of their career.

We can just wait and see. There are no guarentees either way of what he will do, and I have my doubts.

Jay doesn't have a tough task of settling those doubts though... keep us in contention and I'll be happy.
                                I believe Elway would still speak highly of Jake. I do. I believe Jake and the Broncos
                                would have indeed gone to the Super Bowl after the 2003 or 2004 season . . . or
                                both . . . had the defense been able to stop somebody on the right day. Elway
                                knows more about offense and quarterbacking than everyone on this board put
                                together, friend. Moreover, Jay has received glowing reports from all over the NFL,
                                including from Jake himself. You are right in that there are no guarantees, but I
                                would give you odds, were I a betting man.

-----

Comment

Working...
                                X