Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for everyone on the mike bell bandwagon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree he fumbles. I believe he doesn't fit our system. But I don't believe Mike is a starter either.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dream
      Mike did a great job as a rookie and should only get better. Conditioning is an issue, but I guarantee that Mike's working hard every day to get better for this team. Unfortunately, I think the Broncos will find an upgrade at running back, but if Mike's just a guy who is a situational 100-150 carry guy for this team to help us win, I'm cool with it. Depending on where we draft a back, I think that Mike's role this year should be bigger than last years.
      I agree. Remember when you're looking at those Mike Bell stats that he was undrafted rookie FA. How many undrafted rookie FA's put up numbers like this?

Beyond this he has a great frame for an RB (5'11, 220 lbs) and like Dream said, I bet that Mike Bell is working hard every day to become a better RB. What makes Tomlinson so great (I am not comparing M Bell to Tomlinson) or most of the best RB's in the league today? they work hard every day, off season, pre-season or regular seasn to move forward to that better RB (Tomlinson said on inside the NFL that he runs up the big hill he built in his back yard every day and thats one of the reasons he's so succesful).

I think if Mike Bell continues to work hard (which I think he will, I saw his exuberance at Invesco and I think he will carry that into the offseason) and works on leg and core strngth specifically, he will really impress people next year. I think he has more potential then people give him credit for.
      sigpic
      The only thing that can stop the ninja.
      Setting yourself on fire so they can't catch you!

Comment

Great post. Also, one area of improvement would be his hands. If he could double his production from last season that'd be great, but he has the size needed for the position and hell, he was one of the leading touchdown scorers as a rookie for us. I think Mike could be our back here, but I would like to see another player added to the competition.

Comment

heres my take.......

tater...is not a starter...period....he is best suited as a back up , in the roll he was used in 05...to come in every now an then and late in the game, keep him fresh and fast

mike bell....he is servicable...he can start for the broncos, because of his one cut style, but he is not a great back...he was a rookie and his inconsistancy may be on that....but who knows
          we all here the line any body could run behind our line,,,while not totaly true, it does take a certain type of guy to be successful here

but id you tookall the rb in the league...i would bet that 85% of them could be a thousand yard rusher in denver.....13% would fail....but that 2% would be the ones that shine....not the thousand yard back we have been getting 04-05-06 but the 1500-1800 yard back we need

you can be happy with a 1000 yard guy....but i want that 1800 yard guy,,,that someone special who can take this running game and make it a threat agian

i just dont think either bell is that guy
          sigpic
          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Well, everyone wants that 1,800 yard back, but since it's rare that anyone in the NFL ever gets that - it's not that easy. Few backs in the NFL have that sort of potential. This is what I don't get about Denver fans. "I want that elite back." Uh, okay - try and go find one. It's not easy. Denver had that elite back, but wouldn't pay him here. *shrugs* Oh well, we did get Champ, but still. I want that awesome back too, but people here make it seem like it's easy to find. This is the WRONG year for Denver to be looking for a running back. But we'll see what they do in March and April.
            Last edited by Dream; 02-25-2007, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz
              I like them both. Tatum had a GREAT first 8 games, if I remember correctly he led the AFC in rushing yards for a week or two. But, Shanny overused him and he got injured.

If the Broncos rotate Mike and Tatum, they'll be fine.

Oh and Ilaoa would be a nice FB.
              Overused him? He had exactly one game over 25 carries and he never hit 30 carries. The workhorse RB should be able to do that... unless he's not a workhorse and would really be better off as the change of pace guy.
              "You can't take the sky from me..."
              ------
              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by mr. bronco man
                Tatum's stats above, mike below

(I'm looking at the running stats. No fumbles, no catches, just the ground)

STL- 15 att for 103 yards..6.9 average
                - 10 att for 58 yards..5.8 average..1 td

KC- 16 att for 69 yards..4.3 average
                - 13 att for 44 yards..3.4 average

NE- 27 att for 123 yards...4.6 average
                - 4 att for 12 yards..3.0 average

BAL- 19 att for 92 yards..4.8 average
                - 0 att for 0 yards

OAK- 23 att for 83 yards..3.6 average..1 td
                - 1 att for 2 yard..2.0 average

CLE- 24 att for 115 yards..4.8 average..1 td
                - 10 att for 25 yards..2.5 average

INDY- 12 att for 27 yards..2.1 average
                - 15 att for 136 yards..9.1 average..2 tds

PIT- did not play
                - 17 att for 28 yards..1.6 average*

OAK- 14 att for 27 yards..2.6 average
                - did not play

SAN- did not play
                - 20 att for 90 yards..4.5 average..2 tds*

KC- did not play
                - 10 att for 28 yards..2.8 average*

SEA- 23 att for 133 yards..5.8 average
                - 4 att for 12 yards..3.0 average

SAN- 17 att for 116 yards..6.8 average
                - 10 att for 46 yards..4.6 average

AZ- 18 att for 29 yards..1.6 average
                - 16 att for 61 yards..3.8 average..2 tds

CIN- 12 att for 50 yards..4.2 average
                - 16 att for 69 yards..4.3 average..1 td

SF- 12 att for 48 yards..4.0 average
                - 11 att for 66 yards..6.0 average

*- notes started

if you look at the 3 games that mike did start, he didn't do well. One game against San Diego, but other than that, hes better as a backup. When Tatum was bad, most of the time he picked up the slack. Because that's what a BACKUP is supposed to do. And if you look at it, Mike was very inconsistent. He was either good or bad, to really good, and to really bad. Tatum had his bad games to, but I'm just saying, Mike isn't as good as everyone hypes him to be. Tatum I think was way more consistent, he had a lot more games that he did better, and that's what a starter is expected to have and do.(even though that Indy game was rather good for mike).
                Thanks for putting this together. I knew this even without any hard data but I'm glad you pulled this together. However, I don't think either one has proven to be an every down back.

Tatum did way to much tiptoeing as the year went on instead of hitting the hole hard and he had a problem holding on to the ball this year. Mike as you mentioned was inconsistent. So like other posters I think that if we pick up one of the top running backs in this draft I wont be complaining to hard because of what a top flight back can do for this offense.
                Last edited by TXBRONC; 02-25-2007, 03:21 PM.
                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I heard Tatum will make as much money as Tomlinson and Mike will make about 75% as much as Tomlinson........ so we will need to cut Champ, Walker, and Cutler to stay under the salary cap.... IU also think we wont be able to sign anyone in the draft so we are going to forfite all of our draft picks..... So i think we should just cut the RBs and not have one so we can keeep the rest..... Has anyone else heard the same.... Something is just not ADDING UP
                  Last edited by marcus_miller; 02-25-2007, 02:39 PM.
                  I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

"Bandwagons full! Grab another!"

:wave:

*str8jacket watches the Bandwagon ride off into the sunset, only for the wheels to fall off and everyone on it gets a bad case of reality*

Huh Didnt see that one coming

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
                      "Bandwagons full! Grab another!"

:wave:

*str8jacket watches the Bandwagon ride off into the sunset, only for the wheels to fall off and everyone on it gets a bad case of reality*

Huh Didnt see that one coming
                      Let me know how your foot tastes come regular season in 2007
                      sigpic

Comment

Seriously though, its like this when I read reasons why people love Mike so much

"Liek OMG! He can jump over teh line!"

I personally would love to see a back in our offense that once he finds a hole, he can totally break it open.

Tatum can sorta do that.......but when it comes to contact hes not the bruiser type we need either

Sure, Mike can jump the line (which is SOOOO cool by the way ) and can take a hit or two, but I cant help but laugh when he gets into the second level of the D, he gets caught from behind when theres nothing but green in front of him

Comment

Originally posted by BigBroncLove
                          Let me know how your foot tastes come regular season in 2007
                          What, you mean Mike's going to start and be able to outrun Defenders?

Oh, I look forward to tasting my own foot, but that seems about as likely as Calvin Johnson falling all the way down to the 21st spot

Comment

Thank you . . .

Originally posted by Dream
                            Well, everyone wants that 1,800 yard back, but since it's rare that anyone in the NFL ever gets that - it's not that easy. Few backs in the NFL have that sort of potential. This is what I don't get about Denver fans. "I want that elite back." Uh, okay - try and go find one. It's not easy. Denver had that elite back, but wouldn't pay him here. *shrugs* Oh well, we did get Champ, but still. I want that awesome back too, but people here make it seem like it's easy to find. This is the WRONG year for Denver to be looking for a running back. But we'll see what they do in March and April.
                            A level-headed and realistic post.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket
                              What, you mean Mike's going to start and be able to outrun Defenders?

Oh, I look forward to tasting my own foot, but that seems about as likely as Calvin Johnson falling all the way down to the 21st spot
                              Well I never said any of those things I never said what he would or wouldn;t do, but I think you will be surprised at his production, and since you said tha bandwagon fell apart due to realism, we will see who has the more "realistic" outlook

I don't think M. Bell is going to be a break away top flight RB next year, but he was a rookie last year and played to a similar level of a 3 year player who was ahead of him on the depth charts, that is until training camp. I expect a rookie player to improve by the next year. Does it mean it will happen, by no means, but we are all entitled to our opinion and I think in this case you are overly pessimistic

Go Broncos!
                              Last edited by BigBroncLove; 02-25-2007, 03:26 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigBroncLove
                                Well I never said any of those things I never said what he would or wouldn;t do, but I think you will be surprised at his production, and since you said tha bandwagon fell apart due to realism, we will see who has the more "realistic" outlook

I don't think M. Bell is going to be a break away top flight RB next year, but he was a rookie last year and played to a similar level of a 3 year player who was ahead of him on the depth charts, that is until training camp. I expect a rookie player to improve by the next year. Does it mean it will happen, by no means, but we are all entitled to your opinion and I think in this case you are overly pessimistic

Go Broncos!
                                Thats only my job, being pessimistic

I want to see a feature back, which means if we draft a RB. FINE. If Mike can turn into that back, FINE! Hell if Tatum can do it, thats FINE too! Hah, if Cecil Sapp turned into that back I'd be fine with it too! I just don't like seing the whole "He's a rookie excuse" Addai was a rookie, he managed to put up 1,000 yards, Maurice Jones Drew had a hell of a year, so all's I have to say is, let the best man win! I just dont think that Mike is going to go in unchallenged, I wanted to see what Damien Nash could do but that is impossible now

(and I said the bandwagon fell apart because people are eventually going to realize he may not be all that he's cracked up to be. So what if I'm proven wrong? In this case, I would be happy to be wrong)
                                Last edited by str8jacket; 02-25-2007, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X