espn disrepect both bronco's and celtics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• espn disrepect both bronco's and celtics

both team lost a team mate this week. denver lost nash, the celtics loss dennis johnson, but espn wont talk about them. no news at all.

ESPN just being ESPN

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

o, espn just said a 10 sec thing on nash, the also had a 10 min talk about a hockey fight.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARLIEADAMSFAN
        ESPN just being ESPN

repeat myself

RIP Darrent It's been one year, Gone but never Forgotten.

I Adopted JayCutler4MVP!!! and DJ Williams

Comment

Lets face it guys we cant be mad at espn for a 10 sec story. We may be the only people that know him because he he is on our team. If he was on another team i bet a bunch of us would be like "who the hell is that". Its another sad story but lets face it he wasnt a big aenough player to get a big story.
          Last edited by BR0NCOFANATIC; 02-25-2007, 08:15 AM. Reason: spelling error
          Go Hard or Go Home

Comment

Not made the NFL's front page either...................
            The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
            BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
            You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC
              Lets face it guys we cant be mad at espn for a 10 sec story. We may be the only people that know him because he he is on our team. If he was on another team i bet a bunch of us would be like "who the hell is that". Its another sad story but lets face it he wasnt a big aenough player to get a big story.
              But ESPN led off SportsCenter with LSU beating Florida. I don't think that's bigger story than the passing of a 24 year-old NFL player who had an infant daughter.

Mein angenommenes Yankee ist Johnny Damon

Comment

espn disrepect both bronco's and celtics

not to belittle nash dennis johnson was a great nba player pluse it dont matter nash was a back up. people care. u dont report both deaths in 10 sec, and later do a 10-15 min report on a hockey fight.
                Last edited by PEDD; 02-25-2007, 08:30 AM. Reason: miss spell

Comment

I doubt that ESPN meant to disrespect anyone but, you gotta realize that although these deaths are newsworthy, there isn't much detail to give out. When they find out the reasons for the collapses and the cause of death, then we'll probably hear more about it. Just right now, the reasons for the deaths are unknown.

Comment

there isn't much detail to give out. When they find out the reasons for the collapses and the cause of death, then we'll probably hear more about it. Just right now, the reasons for the deaths are unknown.

so if mike jordan just uped and died they would do a 10 sec report on it and move on?

Comment

Originally posted by PEDD
                      both team lost a team mate this week. denver lost nash, the celtics loss dennis johnson, but espn wont talk about them. no news at all.
                      You are wrong about Dennis Johnson. They did a tribute about his career and had players talk about him. They did enough.

As sad as it is to say, because Nash's sports career was very short and very low key, so was the mention of his passing. Let's face it, he had few highlights, so a video montage in the ESPN mode could not be done.

ESPN did not disrespect the two players at all. They did all they could. Now why didn't ESPN lead with the story? I guess it's the sporting food chain. Yeah, if Jordan died, they would've led with the story and had 5 minute tributes in between. Unfortunately, they don't lead in with deaths of old-time players, coaches, refs or lesser known players. If you watch the news and hear obout some famous person dying, but you hear about it in the middle of the newscast, that's just the pecking order rule once again. I can't say if it was disrespectful because ESPN is working for ALL sporting fans and, with respect to Nash, most of those outside of Denver probably would not know who Nash was.

Comment

That may sound cruel, but there's a grain of truth there. There are tons of teams out there and unless they have players with the name recognition of a Terrell Owens or a Barry Bonds, don't expect more than a 10 second blurb about the death of a retired or non first string player. Before anything, ESPN is a business and they need to make money through ratings. As cruel as it seems, unless someone with a little name recognition dies, don't expect an hour long tribute. Not saying I agree, it's just the nature of television. The death was a lead story on the local news, and that seems appropriate to me.

Comment

of course they (espn) arnt going to talk about someone nobody knows. theyre job is to report what the most people want to hear about and thats what they do. the problem is most people watch inferior sports like nascar so thats all we hear about.
                          sigpic

Comment

I understand the frustration with the ESPN. But really what are they going to do at this time? I saw it last night on ESPNews, and they had quotes today from Shany and Bowlen on NFL network. We all are upset and saddend as Bronco fans! But really what do you want them to do? I know they coverd the hockey fight, there was video and plus it was a good game! So they mention his passing and today quotes are coming out! In no way do I feel that they have disrespected the Broncos are Celtics by any means! ESPNews had fetures on DJ all week. Nash won't get that kind of attention that a former finals MVP got but thats the way it is. Sad yes but at least we all can remember Nash and give respect to a player that had so much left to give. RIP D-Nash!
                            Thanks WhiteDragon!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=85326 Last years 1st RD Mock
                            GM Draft-#24-CB Aqib Talib Kansas
                            #54-WR Earl Bennett Vandy
                            #85-G Roy Schuening OSU
                            #114(via HOU-Pacman Trade) TE Brad Cottam TEN
                            #120 LB Ben Moffit USF
                            Block: TE Troupe RB Brown DT Starks

Comment

of course they (espn) arnt going to talk about someone nobody knows. theyre job is to report what the most people want to hear

bet u when denver plays on espn next year, they will be talking about nash as if he was a son.
                              Last edited by PEDD; 02-25-2007, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X