what if the colts called elway's bluff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlWilsonizKING
    I did correct myself......in the post you just quoted.

PEACE!!!

Now your confusing me....
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by SmithOverTO
      Now your confusing me....

hehehe.......

PEACE!!!

Comment

he would have been traded by the yankees to some other team within 5 years and win world weries with another team. thats what i think. the yankees where very crappy in the 80s and pretty much never kept anybody long term.
        GO ANGELS!!!!!!! signed torii hunter!!!

[

denver will go 7-9 this year and 12-4 next year and a 14-2 the following year and superbowl appearance by 2010

Comment

Originally posted by antiwup
          he would have been traded by the yankees to some other team within 5 years and win world weries with another team. thats what i think. the yankees where very crappy in the 80s and pretty much never kept anybody long term.
          You're forgetting that if they'd had Elway on the team they would have been winning no matter who else was with him (just like in Denver where he was practically on the field alone leading teams to the SB - where they were crushed until those last two).

As for what would have happened, I have a little theory:
          I think that if the Colts had called him on it, he probably would have gone to play with the Yankees. There he would have simply pitched at least 81 perfect games (assuming that he had to at least take one game off in between pitching outings) plus hit 40+ homers a year and the Yankees would have won the WS every single year he was on the team. Instead of having 2 SB rings, he would have had about 10 WS rings. Granted, I don't even know what possition he played in baseball, but an athlete like him probably would have been both the pitcher and the clean up batter.

The Colts, having completely wasted a pick and getting nothing for it, would have been mediocre for many years before... well, it would have been the same for them no matter what.

Denver on the other hand, having never gotten their star QB, would have been even worse. As it is well documented that there was "no one" on the Broncos during all those years, they never would have gotten anywhere. Always winning just enough games to not have a great pick in the draft, but never being good enough to get into the playoffs, they would have simply stunk it up for many years before finally being forced out of the state by its citizens and going to Salt Lake City where they would be renamed the "Latter Day Saints" or the "Smithies" (for any Mormons out there, I'm not trying to be offensive only silly, these was just the first things that came to mind when I tried to come up with a Utah team name that hadn't already been taken by the colleges). Denver's economy would have taken a sharp downward turn - due to the lack of revenue being generated by NFL jersey sales and no ticket sales - and eventually the entire state would have followed suite. With no revenue, the state would have been unable to keep its forests and mountains beautiful (because that's the government, not just natural) making it an unattractive location to move to and rain and snow would stop falling on such a waste of a state turning it into a barren wasteland. Citizens would have fled the state to prettier places, such as Nevada and Wyoming, and eventually the United States would sell both Colorado and New Mexico (which no one wants even now) back to Mexico for $15,000,000 and an apology for the Mexican-American war.

Thank God John Elway came to Colorado or you'd all be speaking Spanish!

Comment

Working...
          X