A Salute to Pat Bowlen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Salute to Pat Bowlen

Were the only team since 2000 to not have a losing season. Thats 7 straight seasons! I think Pat is the most underapreciated member of the Broncos family who we never talk about so heres my salute to him. Thanks for always making sure weve got good leader, good GMS, and good players.
    sigpicPlease Help A die Hard Broncos Fan Out, And Share Or Pledge My Kickstarter Party Game "Help Wanted" http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...help-wanted-0/

When I look at places like the Cardinals and even the Cowboys (I live in Texas) I become very grateful that we have Mr. Bowlen on our side

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
    - Carl Sagan

Comment

Great post!
      and i didnt know that

7 straight years of nonlosing football
      good stuff.

Comment

While I think he is one of the class acts in the NFL. His hands off policy concerning Mikey and his piss poor DAFTING over the years and having a name only GM has cost this team alot of wins.

Before you jump me with hes has had two years of good DAFTING look at teh roster and show me how many DAFTEES have been with the club more than 2 years that start. That do not play LB, or Oline.
        http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=396

Not many folks.

There are non losing season but they are also NON WINNING SEASONS.

Comment

Do you have to make every thread about Mike into how poorly he drafts? It gets really, really old. This was about Pat Bowlen, being one of the better owners in football. Please don't ruin it with that garbage.

Thanks Pat, for running a first-class organization.

Comment

Originally posted by JRWIZ
            While I think he is one of the class acts in the NFL. His hands off policy concerning Mikey and his piss poor DAFTING over the years and having a name only GM has cost this team alot of wins.

Before you jump me with hes has had two years of good DAFTING look at teh roster and show me how many DAFTEES have been with the club more than 2 years that start. That do not play LB, or Oline.
            http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=396

Not many folks.

There are non losing season but they are also NON WINNING SEASONS.
            Actually, I'm convinced that Sundquist has had a good effect on the drafting these past few years... Our last 2 drafts were very good.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Originally posted by elwayfan2k
              Were the only team since 2000 to not have a losing season. Thats 7 straight seasons! I think Pat is the most underapreciated member of the Broncos family who we never talk about so heres my salute to him. Thanks for always making sure weve got good leader, good GMS, and good players.
              Actually, if my memory is correct, it has been since 1970-71 that we've had back-to-back losing years.

I'm not positive, but I can think of any other franchise in any pro sport (not just NFL) that can make that claim.

Comment

Also we hold the record for most consecetive seasons not picking in top 10 of the draft.

Would be around 15 but we traded up last year.

Comment

Yes, definately we are lucky. I have always appreciated Bowlen. He is willing to put in money where his heart is. Even if he is wrong at times he is always thinking about winning first and foremost.

Comment

Originally posted by NBudris
                    Also we hold the record for most consecetive seasons not picking in top 10 of the draft.

Would be around 15 but we traded up last year.

We only traded up to the 11 spot last year....so the streak lives on.
                    Goal Line Blitz - Football MMORPG

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=29101449

Comment

I truly Apprieciate the fact that Pat Bowlen Is our Owner, the guys a winner, all you have to say about it, a Winner,

Comment

Sweet!

Next stop, back to back superbowl wins
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada
                          Sweet!

We been there before. What are we doing? Going in circles? If were going in circles, then are we actually going anywhere? And if we arent going anywhere, just where are we going? And if going in circles is going somewhere, then what is the point in going there? And if their is a point in going somewhere, where does that point fit in the circle that we are presumably going in?

Ok I'm thoroughly confused now. Thanks Bowlin for taking us somewhere, and i guess the general consensus is that we want to go back there again. So do your thing.

Did i say that right?

I hope i got my point across, which is hard to do when one goes in circles mind you!
                          sigpic

Comment

Great thread! I have always liked Pat Bowlen. He just seems like every year he gives us the chance to go to the Superbowl. We are very lucky to have him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada
                              Sweet!

Amen. One for D-Will and one for Damien Nash. May they rest in peace.

Comment

Working...
                              X