No announcement yet.

top 5 QB,s in the league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personally, living in the south, I thought Eli Manning was a better player than Peyton Manning was at the collegiate level. Heck, Ole Miss is traditionally a lower-tier SEC team and he took them to a 10 win season. You couldn't name five other kids that played with Eli at Mississippi. Conversely, I could have played QB at Tennessee when Peyton was there. That was when Fulmer was turning out pros like Coker and Tressel are now. Now, will that translate into pro success for Eli, we'll see. But, I think he's deserving to this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!!
      What big games has Bulger won? That guy sucks.
      what big games has Plummer won, yet?
      what big games has Vick won, yet??

Peyton can win big games, he wone TWO playoff games last year..thats more than Vick, Plummer, Bulger have done. Your list makes no sense.
      You've got to be kidding me. You're basing your argument on playoff wins for a guy that has been w/ the same team, same system and same players roughly 7 years to two men that got their first years as starters in 02 (one has a higher win % than Manning in that time) and a guy that played for the Arizona Cardinals. It took Peyton 6 years to get 2 playoff wins. It took Vick 1 year to get a playoff win in Green Bay. Please man, I know you've got something against Vick (since you earlier said he was dumb as rocks which if true then I can think of two much better QBs that are dumb as rocks by your logic) .

I didn't even put Vick in my top 5, and generally I always defend Manning but your logic is flawed.

P.S. And how could I forgot, both Vick and Plummer got a playoff win in their first one.

Sonja Grimes, My Cousin, We Miss and Love You.
      The Falcons Flock Message Board

Comment

• Eli is good. He was good in college and shows the SAME attributes that Peyton does. Will he be as good? Who knows. But he's better than the other first round QBs in the draft... if he's not better.. he's CERTAINLY just as good. So lets say they are Alllll the same. Then you have ONE that has the pedigree of Eli... why wouldn't that put him at the top of the class of QBs?

Comment

• daredevil25

e Best
          1. Marc Bulger-Led NFC to victory and setted a Pro Bowl Record!
          T2. Steve McNair
          T2. Donavan McNabb
          T2. Tom Brady
          3. Michael Vick
          4. Jake Plummer
          5. Peyton Manning-He cant win big games

...You're basing your argument on playoff wins for a guy that has been w/ the same team, same system and same players roughly 7 years ...

Bulger didn't exactly step into a situation of playing for a 'weak' team. He stepped into a team that had Marshal Faulk, Isaac Bruce, and Tory Holt on offense. The offensive line was solid with a up and coming defense. He has one of the most Elite RBs (when healthy) in his backfield. He has a system that is very QB friendly (thats a debate for another time)...so lets not say that Bulger stepped in and PULLED the Rams out of the quicksand. He stepped into one of the most dynamic offenses in the league. WATCH him play. I have seen a LOT of Rams football.. this guy is NOT a good QB.

I like Jake Plummer..but lets be honest. He is NOT in the top FIVE. He's just not.. not yet. I don't know if he will be. He might be able to continue playing at a high level and working his way up to the top Five...but other would have to fall off first. He, too, didn't exactly step into a failing offense. He stepped in as the starter that had Rod Smith, Shannon Sharpe, and Clinton Portis. Plummer played better than I had expected throughout the season, but he's still not a top 5 QB.

It took Peyton 6 years to get 2 playoff wins. It took Vick 1 year to get a playoff win in Green Bay.

But Peyton is undoubtably the best QB in the league. Winning playoffs has more to do than the QB position. Look at Peyton's passing yards, passing TD's, QB Ratings over his career. Its not because he doesn't have the abilities to 'win the big games.' That is the most OVERLY used CRAP I've ever heard. Vick's win his second year in the NFL doesn't make him a better QB than Peyton. Thats ridiculous. Thats like saying Mark Rypien is a better QB than Dan Marino and Jim Kelly because he won the "BIG GAME." Please.

Please man, I know you've got something against Vick

I don't have ANYTHING against Mike Vick. I think he is a fantastic athlete. Probably the best athlete ever to play the QB position. But I don't consider him to be the BEST QB in the league yet. He has to SHOW Me that he can read a defense. He has to pull his team from defeat by hitting the passes. I know he can run. But sometimes he can't just run around. He's going to HAVE to win with his passing. I know he has the arm strength, but does he have the accuracy? The ONLY thing I have against him (and its not against him) is that so many of the people see a guy with great athletic ability, run around with great speed, and call him the BEST!! He's NOT the best. Not yet.

I didn't even put Vick in my top 5, and generally I always defend Manning but your logic is flawed.

P.S. And how could I forgot, both Vick and Plummer got a playoff win in their first one.

My logic isn't flawed. He said Manning CAN'T win the 'big game.' Thats bullcrap. He wins big games all the time in the NFL. If you are calling playoff wins the 'big games,' then he just won two. I don't care if it took him 6 years to do it. I DON'T CARE if Vick got a playoff win in his SECOND year. I don't care that Plummer got to the playoffs in his first year here. That doesn't make them better than Manning... My logic ISN'T 'FLAWED' ... Their's is. I wasn't BASING my arguement that Manning is better than Bulger, Plummer and Vick based on 'play off wins.' I used that as an example to the dumb " he can't win the big game" comment. He put BULGER as the #1 QB in the league, surely that deserves a comment!

Comment

Working...
          X