GGI's Bronco Educaton 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGI's Bronco Educaton 101

ok bronco fans educate me. i have some questions...

Will DJ Williams start and if not, who will? And what OLB position would that be at?

Whos the other CB besides Champ? Is it Jimmy Spencer?

What defense do they play. I know its 4-3 but is it mostly man? zone? cover 3? 2 deep?

What is the weakest unit on both the offesne and defense and why?

Thats it for now...THANKS
    Jon Vilma=Ray Lewis
    Darrell McClover=steal of the draft

Re: GGI's Bronco Educaton 101

Originally posted by ganGREENinsider
    Will DJ Williams start and if not, who will? And what OLB position would that be at?
    Yes he will start, we lost gold and most likely mobley...i think which side he plays depends on mobleys situation...Mobley is our strong side LB, but if he is forced to retire then DJ will play SLB...

no, it's lenny walls, and kelly herndon...lenny is most likely to start..jimmy spencer is a coach/5th corner

What defense do they play. I know its 4-3 but is it mostly man? zone? cover 3? 2 deep?
    yes it's 4-3...and last year before we got champ we played zone most the time because we didnt have that one corner that could cover man to man, but now with him, he can cover the top WR by himself, and that will let us be able to blitz more and creat a lot more presure on the QB, and forcing more turnovers...

our weakest part is probably our D-line...i think it's fine but if we had to pick the weakest point it would be here, we lost berry to the cards who was our leader in sacks....but we did get luther ellis in the FA....i think we might have a slightly below average D-line...

Comment

honestly I do not know too much about those corners so ill have to research. I also think having Bailey and a better secondary in general will help the D-Lines production. I worry with Williams playing strong side though. We could struggle there early.

Who are the safeties?Im sure if I hear the names I will know...

What tendencies do they have an offense? Obviously the like to get the ball to Smith but do they like to run a lot of sweeps? stretch the field with some posts? Screens? Describe the offense to me please?
      Jon Vilma=Ray Lewis

Comment

honestly I do not know too much about those corners so ill have to research. I also think having Bailey and a better secondary in general will help the D-Lines production. I worry with Williams playing strong side though. We could struggle there early.

Who are the safeties?Im sure if I hear the names I will know...

What tendencies do they have an offense? Obviously the like to get the ball to Smith but do they like to run a lot of sweeps? stretch the field with some posts? Screens? Describe the offense to me please?
        well, you've gotta know john lynch...and the other safty will probably be kenoy kennedy

lenny walls isnt much of a big play corner, but with champ on the other side he'll do great...he's the tallest corner in the NFL at 6'5 or 6'6.....

Offence

hmm, i can't tell you what they run the last 20 years or anything cause i'm 14....but shannahans offence has been a running offence ever since elway left, the way our offence is we can easily turn a good back into a great one...we don't run too many trick plays exept the occasional reverse to smith...were tryin to get lelie involved more, but he's gonna have to have his breakout year soon....if we get the running game down (which we always do) then our play action works perfectly...with griese we couldnt have him rollout cause he sucked...but now that we have a QB that can move...we'll use it..Sharpe is probably jakes favorite target...and obviously none of this could be as good as it is without our great O-line...

Comment

yes I know both safeties..I just had a brain fart about lynch. Its a spread offense correct? or West coast?
          Jon Vilma=Ray Lewis

Comment

He'll probably be the WOLB and Sykes or Pierce will be the SOLB.

Herndon and Walls will be battling for the other spot with the loser becoming the nickle back. Walls is an allright cover corner but he bites on the double move too much. He's a little stiff in the hips as well, but with some good film study he could be really good.

It's mostly a mix of Cover 2 and Man. I think you'll see a lot of man with Bailey out there. We've had to utilize the LB core to generate a pass rush but last season we good pressure with our DE's and this year it should be better even with the loss of Berry. If Eliss can be productive at DT we'll be fearsome.

Both lines... There is a lot of questions on both Lines.

Dline- We add some quality with Raylee Johnson and Luther Eliss. Plus Hayward is primed for a breakout season with Pryce on the other side. Other than Eliss, the rest of our DT's are all backups, overachievers, and projects. The one to watch is Monsato Pope. He progressed well last season, and might be able to team up with Eliss to generate a pass rush on the inside.

Oline- Foster is coming in as the starting ORT and should be good. However Lepsis moving to OLT is iffy. He's tried to make the switch before with marginal success.

Comment

From what I see over in the UK, Shanahan runs a bit of everything. He'll set up in the 'I' then motion the FB to TE or Slot, line up with two TEs & one RB, then empty the backfield or motion a TE to FB or Slot. I think we even lined up in a wishbone on occasion last year! That's prehistoric. Don't believe that the personnel on the field relate to the formation or play to be run.

Like using a lot of play action & bootlegs, and one of the thing that I think sets us apart from a lot of sides is the conviction that we fake with. Players never run half speed routes, or run as if they're not getting or got the ball. Every play goes 100%.

Downfield blocking is also one of our strong points, even the QB has placed his body on the line for a few extra yards. It's great to see a rookie corner setup for a tackle only to be wiped out by Shannon or Rod.
              The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
              BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
              You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

On offense we are a modified West Coast/Pro Spread set.

We run the ball 60% of the time, with great results...

Griffin will most likely be the starter, but Bell may overtake him if he doesn't live up to the hype.

On defense, we run majority man coverage...EVEN before Champ got there, we love man. The LBers blitz like crazy, and the D-Line is athletic, fast, and strong. We pressure QBs and shut down the run first.

On special teams Jason Elam is getting older but is still one of the NFLs best kickers. Mikah Knorr is underrated, but rarely makes a big mistake to hurt us, though his leg isn't the best.

Return man will probably be Madise...Since Deltha is gone, but that could easily change.

Sharpe is still one of the top TEs in football. Rod Smith is still a top 15 WR. Lelie COULD become a top 15 WR if he pulls his head out. We have a stable of good RBs. Plummer had a 92 rating last year, and looked great in all his starts. The O-Line is the smallest in the NFL, but the most athletic. We shift, pull and trap more than any other line in the NFL.

The safeties will be Lynch and Nick Ferguson, NOT Kennedy. Ferguson is a complete player who will get much better. Denver is very young on defense, with Al Wilson leading at MLB, and he is the 2nd best LBer in the NFL.
                Eeerrrrrr.......

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStud102

The safeties will be Lynch and Nick Ferguson, NOT Kennedy. Ferguson is a complete player who will get much better. Denver is very young on defense, with Al Wilson leading at MLB, and he is the 2nd best LBer in the NFL.
                  They are starting Lynch at Free Safety and Kenoy at strong so far in minicamp.

Comment

I don't think williams will necessarily start right away. He might. But even Wilson and Mobley didn't start their rookie seasons. Wilson got put into the lineup due to an injury to our MLB early in the season that THRUST him into the starting role.

Comment

I think williams will start. if you saw him on the broncos TV report, lynch commented that he looked really good, broke up a few plays and intercepted a pass........
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X