Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why John Lynch is a leader

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    I completely disagree. Just because a guy has 10 years experience doesn't make him too old to play. "GOSH." If John Elway would have retired after 10 years? GOsh.. what about Jerry Rice.. Dan Marino...Shannon Sharpe.. I could go on and on.

    Funny, how those that you mentioned, are all offensive guys, not one defensive player mentioned or an offensive lineman. Could it be, because most defensive guys, after 10 years, are crap?
    I am the ghost, I was once here, then I died, now I have come back to haunt each and every one of you, that's what you get for getting rid of me.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by The Ghost
      Funny, how those that you mentioned, are all offensive guys, not one defensive player mentioned or an offensive lineman. Could it be, because most defensive guys, after 10 years, are crap?
      Maybe, just maybe, not as high profile as the above mentioned.......simple as that!
      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
      men."

      -- Samuel Adams

      sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

      Comment


      • #18
        Mark my words. There is nothing more dangerous than a player who has something to prove. After being cast off by the Bucs John Lynch have all of the motivation he needs to compete at a hign level. Lynch will be in the Pro Bowl this year.

        Lets remember one thing. John is one tough SOB. He played last year pretty much with one arm. That problem has been fixed and will be a non issue.

        He will have one of his best years ever!!!!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Rooney0207
          Mark my words. There is nothing more dangerous than a player who has something to prove. After being cast off by the Bucs John Lynch have all of the motivation he needs to compete at a hign level. Lynch will be in the Pro Bowl this year.

          Lets remember one thing. John is one tough SOB. He played last year pretty much with one arm. That problem has been fixed and will be a non issue.

          He will have one of his best years ever!!!!

          Stay off the drugs, Lynch will be injured, mark my words, he will be a big flop, don't come crying to this board when he doesn't produce.
          I am the ghost, I was once here, then I died, now I have come back to haunt each and every one of you, that's what you get for getting rid of me.

          Comment


          • #20
            don't come crying to this board when he doesn't produce.
            like you'll even be around........
            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
            men."

            -- Samuel Adams

            sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by The Ghost
              Stay off the drugs, Lynch will be injured, mark my words, he will be a big flop, don't come crying to this board when he doesn't produce.
              Yea...you're a great fan Ghost....glad to see Denvernites like you supporting the team!


              Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

              2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

              Comment


              • #22
                No... its not.

                A few OL: How about Bruce Mathews, Tom Nalen, Will SHields, Mawae, Larry Allen,Lincoln Kennedy, Ruban Brown, Mike Flanagan, Bob Whitfield, Jerry Fontenot, Wayne Gandy, Todd Steussie


                Some Defensive NAMES you might have heard of:

                Sam Adams. Zach Thomas, Lawyer Milloy, Troy Vincent, Junior Seau, Rodney Harrison (big hitting saftety), Donnie Abraham, Jason Gildon, Darren Woodson, Warren Sapp, ROD WOODSON, Ted Washington, Micheal Strahan,Bruce Smith, Micheal Barrow, Aaron Beasley, Ashley Ambrose, Derrick Brooks, Keith Burns, Simeon Rice,


                blah blah blah.....

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by rcsodak
                  like you'll even be around........

                  Oh, I'll be around, but it'will be you who is gone when we don't produce to your preseason expectations.
                  I am the ghost, I was once here, then I died, now I have come back to haunt each and every one of you, that's what you get for getting rid of me.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                    No... its not.

                    A few OL: How about Bruce Mathews, Tom Nalen, Will SHields, Mawae, Larry Allen,Lincoln Kennedy, Ruban Brown, Mike Flanagan, Bob Whitfield, Jerry Fontenot, Wayne Gandy, Todd Steussie


                    Some Defensive NAMES you might have heard of:

                    Sam Adams. Zach Thomas, Lawyer Milloy, Troy Vincent, Junior Seau, Rodney Harrison (big hitting saftety), Donnie Abraham, Jason Gildon, Darren Woodson, Warren Sapp, ROD WOODSON, Ted Washington, Micheal Strahan,Bruce Smith, Micheal Barrow, Aaron Beasley, Ashley Ambrose, Derrick Brooks, Keith Burns, Simeon Rice,


                    blah blah blah.....

                    Yes, Seau (really good in his old age, my comment is filled with sarcasm) Warren Sapp? How could you even try using him as an example, Ted Washington? Oh my gosh, you're just not getting through, if you're going to debate , use some firepower! Bruce Smith? Come on, after Buffalo, he's been a walking stiff.
                    I am the ghost, I was once here, then I died, now I have come back to haunt each and every one of you, that's what you get for getting rid of me.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      thats bull. To say Warren Sapp is STILL not an effective DT is crap. Perhaps you don't like him, but give Me a break. The guy can still play. Bruce Smith played HOW many years in BUFFALO though? What about Jackson? what about Derrick Thomas before he died? You are making NO points. I'm not saying they are as good as their prime.. I'm saying they are STILL good players DESPITE being veterans of ten years. You pick out a few I have mentioned, and can't deny that these guys are STILL good, effective NFL players.

                      I DID have examples behind MY debate. YOUR debate is filled with nothing.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by The Ghost
                        Oh, I'll be around, but it'will be you who is gone when we don't produce to your preseason expectations.
                        Look your a new-comer and a lot of your posts have been real negative toward the Broncos. If you are a around a year then you will be for "real".

                        A "Ghost" is not expected to stay around very long and normally does not.

                        Some of us can be optimistic, and think that John Lynch is going to help make a difference in our team. We can look at History and see a Neil Smith or an Alfred Williams and I can name many others that came over in the twilight of their carreer and just so happens helped us win a Superbowl and made us better for just a few years.

                        So if we like getting John Lynch, please forgive us, many of us followed the Broncos for years and believe in the history we have seen...
                        Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                          thats bull. To say Warren Sapp is STILL not an effective DT is crap. Perhaps you don't like him, but give Me a break. The guy can still play. Bruce Smith played HOW many years in BUFFALO though? What about Jackson? what about Derrick Thomas before he died? You are making NO points. I'm not saying they are as good as their prime.. I'm saying they are STILL good players DESPITE being veterans of ten years. You pick out a few I have mentioned, and can't deny that these guys are STILL good, effective NFL players.

                          I DID have examples behind MY debate. YOUR debate is filled with nothing.


                          No, mine is filled with proof, Lynch is not anything but here for looks and leadership, he doesn't have the drive to win another Super Bowl, let's take a look at some of the guys you mentioned


                          Junior Seau No super bowls after 1995 (When he was in his Prime)

                          Derrick Thomas Prime years 1992-1997 no afc championship games after 1993

                          Ted Washington Just won a Super Bowl but I doubt he'll be effective for Oakland.


                          Now let's take a look at Defensive legends and Offensive legends who leave their teams they were successful with and how they did with their new team.


                          Bruce Smith 4 Super Bowls with Buffalo went to Washington, there for looks, no playoffs

                          Emmit Smith The king of Dallas, left for Arizona no playoffs

                          Jerry Rice Famous in San Francisco, left to Oakland, made it to 1 Super Bowl (but I bet they could have went without him) no wins.

                          Joe Montana Left San Francisco for Kansas City, made it to an AFC Championship game, no win, the next season he was extinct.



                          There's more, but I don't have the time, the only point that you've proven, is that stars who've been successful on other teams and leave for another, are their for looks not to win, Lynch and Hearst will not be much for us, we can still be effective without them. Lynch will be so quiet, by November you'll be asking yourself, "Didn't we sign that guy from Tampa Bay, where is he?"
                          I am the ghost, I was once here, then I died, now I have come back to haunt each and every one of you, that's what you get for getting rid of me.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Ghost

                            again you prove NOTHING *laughs*... good god.

                            You are judging SUPERBOWLS by what a single defensive or offensive player contributes? Thats stupidity.

                            Since you don't know how to back your statements up with anything of substance. I'll again point out that players DO add signifcantly, and CONTRIBUTE to their teams even after playing for ten years.


                            Sam Adams, still a force in the middle.
                            Zach Thomas, do I need to really say that Thomas is STILL giving signicantly play after 10 years?
                            Lawyer Milloy, still one of the best.
                            Troy Vincent, several years over 10 year veteran, and STILL contibuting.
                            Junior Seau, not the same as the Prime..but still makeing plays.
                            Rodney Harrison (big hitting saftety), Just helped his team win a Super Bowl AFTER not only moving, but after being in the league longer then ten years.
                            Donnie Abraham, a force.
                            Jason Gildon, a monster in the middle
                            Darren Woodson, this boy is STILL a top defender
                            Warren Sapp, may not like him, and he may not be in his prime, but he is STILL a major contributor after 10 years.
                            ROD WOODSON, This guys is just awesome and still makes plays after being in the league 100 years.
                            Ted Washington, not in is Prime, but still plugs the holes.. thus CONTRIBUTING
                            Micheal Strahan, yeah, this guys sucks after ten years.
                            Ashley Ambrose, still starting as a NFL Corner back.. still Contributing
                            Derrick Brooks, one of the VERY best in the league, and just won a SB with his team.. guess what... 10 yr vet.
                            Keith Burns, Great special teams player and a decent LB... STILL contributing after 10 years.
                            Simeon Rice, needs to be dealt with even after ten years in the league... moved.. and won a Super Bowl...

                            using YOUR examples.

                            Jerry Rice: Playing strong and STILL contributing.. even helping his team get to the Super Bowl. Say what you want. He is STILL contributing to his team.

                            Joe Montana: Went to the CHIEFS.. and took them to the AFC Championship. Do you think they would have done that with their other QB options??? No. So I would say HE contributed even after being in the league more than ten years.

                            Even your own examples prove you wrong.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              No, mine is filled with proof, Lynch is not anything but here for looks and leadership, he doesn't have the drive to win another Super Bowl...

                              where is the proof in this statement??? *laughs at you*.. none.

                              Derrick Thomas Prime years 1992-1997 no afc championship games after 1993

                              Ted Washington Just won a Super Bowl but I doubt he'll be effective for Oakland.


                              how much offense did KC have in those days? What were there defenses like when he was around??

                              Ted Washington. *laughs*.. JUST won a Super Bowl.. but I "doubt' he'll be effective. Yeah. Considering you were just bringing up Super Bowls as your arguement how they are NOT effective.. this makes sense. How much proof does one need other than you 'doubting.' *Chuckles*...

                              Bruce Smith 4 Super Bowls with Buffalo went to Washington, there for looks, no playoffs

                              The Bills also just happened to have one of the best Offenses of all time during that four year run. Not exactly a fair comparison. Not to mention we weren't talking about DOMINATING play.. we were talking about effective, contributing play.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Nothing to prove? You are so full of crap. I've to go get my boots on you are piling it so hi. How do you know what kind of drive he has. you've never met the guy nor do you know the first thing about him, You never seen how hard this guy works, in and out of season. I think everyone on this board should just ignore you. You views have zero validity and nothing to back them up. I know this guy, and have for a long time, a he will bring in this year.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X