Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

danny kanell the back-up? AND tom brady a HOF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    I think you lost Me with this post, bud... can you re-word for Me?

Leave a comment:

• NameUsedBefore
    replied
    Exactly.

I think the Vikings may have shot themselves in the foot with their QB-deal last year; and Colts might do it this year. They need defensive stars; I don't consider that d-linemen one cause he never seemed to come up when it counted for them.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    I agree.. I can see Manning being exactly like a Marino in that sense.

But honestly. Idon't think teams today.. especially a team that has such a good front office... would kill their chances of getting other players to pay one. They didn't do that. We just paid a corner the highest ever... but we didn't blow our chances of putting together a good team by doing it.

Leave a comment:

• NameUsedBefore
    replied
    Yeah, Ravage, I don't understand this blindness either.

I'm not a fan of the team really, but I see Tom Brady as a future HoF'er if he keeps this up. He's a helluva alot like Joe Montana bar the great surrounding cast. Tom Brady has won a ton of games for the Patriots that the D couldn't, so you can't say it's the D (look at the last Superbowl for instance).

I think Manning is the next Marino-HoF'er... Manning is gonna make huge records before he's finished, but until that defense truly comes together, or he gets an awesome runningback (or Manning takes a goddam paycut!); there isn't much chance for a ring (nowadays, anyway).

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    I know Harrison is good, but I don't think Wayne is anything special. Brady doesn't have a "Harrison"...but he has a lot of '2nd tier' guys. He has targets everywhere. Thats what makes their offense so effective.

I don't think I could say McNair has a lesser running game than Brady does. I think George and and Smith are about the same... I would say George is better.

Thank you StlBroncosFan...

Good points Trevor

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Re: danny kanell the back-up? AND tom brady a HOF?

Originally posted by bronx_2003

also, should kanell be the back-up after he has had a year in our system to learn??
    Yeah, the guy kills Plummer, he should be the starter, Plummer sucks. Kanell RULES! Haha....no Kordell Kordell!

Leave a comment:

• Trevor
    replied
    FWIW, the Pats D was not great in big games last year. They gave up big scores to Indy (34), Tenn (30), Carolina (29), Denver(26) - all games they won. He led a game winning drive in 1/3 or all games last year.

Also don't forget they finished 12 in offense, despite Brady playing injured for half the year, despite being in the bottom 2 or 3 in rushing, and despite playing every 2nd week in horrible conditions in Foxboro (where not losing was as much the QBs job as anything. QBs like McNair and Manning forced things they shouldn't have in those conditions. That's all part of being a top QB).

Take Manning for instance, he gets to play every 2nd week in a dome, throwing to Harrison & Wayne, and handing the ball off to Edge. Brady gets none of that luxury. He has had more pressure on him because of lack of a running game than any QB not named McNair.

If Brady had been a #1 pick coming out of College instead of a 6th rounder, I doubt a single person would be doubting him at this point.

Leave a comment:

• StlBroncosFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    I don't think I ever said YET. He hasn't played long enough to earn it YET. I'm saying that, of the QBs out there..(other than Favre).. Manning AND Brady have the shot I see. YES.. BRADY IS GOOD enough to be a possible HoF later on in his career.....
    I understand exactly what your point is Rav and I agree with you. Good points and good explanations to back your opionion.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    I don't think I ever said YET. He hasn't played long enough to earn it YET. I'm saying that, of the QBs out there..(other than Favre).. Manning AND Brady have the shot I see. YES.. BRADY IS GOOD enough to be a possible HoF later on in his career.....

Leave a comment:

• Helderht_
    replied
    Brady is good but no a HOF QB Yeah I know that he has 2 Sb in three years, but he has a lot of learn yet to be a hall of famer

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    "i had to make a thread about this because it makes me LAUGH when i see some1 say he could be in the hall. i have respect for him and his ability to play under pressure, he is also accurate BUT he is nothing special. i hear ppl say he has 2 sb wins in 3 years but every1 can see thats MAINLY because of the n.e. D..."

I think that was me. Actually, what I was saying, that from the list of QBs given.. the only one's I saw that had a CHANCE to make it to the HoF was Manning and Brady. If Brady retired tomorrow, would he make the HoF? No. But considering he's only been in the league four years, and the three he has started (although he didn't really start his sophmore year, but close enough) he has won TWO SBs and TWO SB MVPs... I would say he is definatly in the right direction.

You can NOT put the entire season and wins on the NE defense. Their defense wasn't anything as dominating as the Raven's defense was, nor was it as good as TB defense. You have to give the props where they are deserved. NE didn't exactly have a dominating running game to take the pressure off Brady. He had one of the worst running games in the league.

Lets look at it THIS way instead. Joe Montana didn't have the most athletic of skills at the QB position. He didn't have the strongest arm, he wasn't the fastest runner, he wasn't someone that could fire the 40yrd bullet across the middle. In fact, how many Passing (or QB for that matter) records does Joe Montana own?? Joe was a smart, accruate passer that just seemed to SHINE under pressure. He thrived in it. Didn't he seem to have a lot of really good players around him? In fact, didn't he have some DAMN good defenses on his team? Yes, he did. But you can't take any of his FOUR Super Bowl wins away from him.

These are the SAME qualities that Tom Brady has shown in his short career. He handles pressure fantastically... he THRIVES in the tight situations. He's an accurate passer that gets the job DONE.. and I mean DONE to the point of WINNING games and WINNING Championships. If you can't SEE that Tom Brady, has the potential to be a HoF candidate someday down the road, then you are being blinded by your dislike for him or perhaps the dislike for the Patriots.

I'm actually a lil dumbfounded how you can look at his record as a starting QB and NOT say he has the potential to be a HoF'er. I think on this 'list' I was referring to, they had KURT WARNER as a HoF'er.... now THAT is something to scoff.

The ONLY one in the league right now (at the QB position) that is a sure thing HoF'er.. is Brett Favre. Other than that, its purely potential considering Peyton and Tom are both young.

Leave a comment:

• bronco30
    replied
    if he stays injury free for the next 6-7 years and wins another SB during his career he'll be right there for the HOF....

but you never know the raiders old QB jim plunkett has better stats than staubach and both have 2 SB rings....yet staubach is in the HOF n plunkett is not go figure.....

Leave a comment:

• Jim
    replied
    Well, a year is pretty much longer then any of the others. Yet he sux. I do not want Kanell as our backup...SIGN KORDELL STEWART!!!!

I dont think Brady is a HOF'er at all. All the Patriots are is D. Patriots offense dont always score and their defense does alot of the work. I do admit though he is good, yet not at the HOF'er calibur. Give him a couple years and we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    started a topic danny kanell the back-up? AND tom brady a HOF?

danny kanell the back-up? AND tom brady a HOF?

i had to make a thread about this because it makes me LAUGH when i see some1 say he could be in the hall. i have respect for him and his ability to play under pressure, he is also accurate BUT he is nothing special. i hear ppl say he has 2 sb wins in 3 years but every1 can see thats MAINLY because of the n.e. D.

new england didnt even put up many points in the season.

BUT

i do respect ppls opinions so if u think he can be a HOF then plz let me know why.

also, should kanell be the back-up after he has had a year in our system to learn??
Working...
X