No announcement yet.

Talking at the bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alll of football is dangerous. That is why they came up with the 'engaged' chop-block rule several years ago to take away the blocks that cause the majority of the injuries. In My boook... if its LEGAL, then its not Dirty to do it. That doesn't make sense. Thats like saying a "play-action" pass is 'dirty' because they pretended to hand it off.

Legal Cut blocks are not 'incredibly' dangerous to the other players... if they were 'incredibly' dangerous to the other players, it would be ruled illegal.

Comment

No, Ravage, they are dangerous. It's just not AS dangerous as a chop block. D-linemen just don't like to have their legs and sometimes careers being consantly rolled onto by other heavy linemen. Ravage, it's one of the most, if not the most, (legal) dangerous move in the game.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
      - Carl Sagan

Comment

I didn't say it wasn't dangerous.. I said it wasn't "incredibly" dangerous as you had used that word. Honestly. With the rules that they are making on hits to protect players... if the cut block was INCREDIBLY dangerous.. it wouldn't be legal.

Whether a team cut blocks or doesn't cut block.. thats not going to stop players from 'rolling' into the back of their legs unintentionally... which is what causes injury. Cut blocks can't be in the back of the legs anyway.

Comment

as long as they aren't hurting people I am all for our team being the dirtiest. The lines are close contact so anything the refs can't see that keeps the QB or the RB safe is great. Its alot like the NBA... the best defensive players are EXTREMELY dirty. Ron Artest pulled down Paul Pierce's shorts to keep him from getting to the ball when the ref wasn't watching him.
          My Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey

Comment

why does it seem that the Ravens have success against the o line. I know ray lewis is reason 1a. They must be doing something cause its got to be more than one player shutting down our rushing attack.

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
              why does it seem that the Ravens have success against the o line. I know ray lewis is reason 1a. They must be doing something cause its got to be more than one player shutting down our rushing attack.
              They're a dirty D line.....
              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                With the NFL Handing out fines for everything, wouldn't we be fined week-in and week-out if we were doing illegal blocks?? I keep hearing this crap... yet no one backs it up. We don't get called for any more FOULS than anyone else in the league. We don't get fined any more than anyone else in the league... IF we were doing illegal chop-blocking.. then we WOULD get fined for it by the NFL. Our CUT-blocks are LEGAL. There is a difference between a chop-block and a cut-block... Cutting is legal, chopping is not.
                What is the deference?
                Hillis will be the best full back in the league by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You missed the 6 earlier explainations????????

...go to jail, collect $200......
                  men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                    You missed the 6 earlier explainations????????

...go to jail, collect $200......
                    Guess I should have read the whole thred first good thing im not on the trump show or id be fired!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos0707
                      Guess I should have read the whole thred first good thing im not on the trump show or id be fired!!
                      No,but you ARE $200 richer....
                      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

I love all the excuses... It's become a 'bandwagon' thing for these reporters.

Check out...

The last paragraph of this article.

The 3rd paragraph of this article.

Towards the bottom of this article.

The list goes on and on. If fact, if you do a search on Google for 'dirtiest offensive line' most of the results have something to do with the Broncos.

I too, am of the philosophy that if what we're doing is so illegal then why don't we see more fines and suspensions? Some of these guys act like the Broncos are fined every game for illegal chop blocks. Pathetic attempts to discredit our success.
                        Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by jdslick2
                          According to one of those articles, many fines have been levied against the Broncos. Is there an NFL web site which doccuments fined against players and teams?
                          I don't know. But it would be an interesting statistic to see. I can't remember a lot of offensive linemen getting fined. Mostly Kenoy Kennedy and some other defenders for hard hits.
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I think this pretty much says it

thanks for the sites

"SEE A DIFFERENT GAME: The Broncos have gained a reputation as the dirtiest team in football, thanks to the hefty fines piled on their offensive line for illegal blocks. Clearly, the NFL is watching the linemen. But don't expect the team to change its cut-block tactics. Taking out defenders' legs is the bread and butter of its run blocking. Shanahan defends the technique, and the team's athletic and relatively light linemen are picked in part because they can cut block. --Patrick Saunders"

Comment

I read a few which quoted players from other teams. They all stated that Denvers line uses illegal chop blocks more than just "here and there"

This statement has absolutely NO fact behind it whatsoever. If they were using ILLEGAL chop blocks, they would be FINED for them or CALLED for them during the game. What the refs miss during the game, the league would certainly find in the films they revue. If there were constant reports and illegal chop-blocking going on, then it would DEFINATLY be something the league would keep an eye on, both from the officiating point of view and the Discipline point of view. IF it was such a RAMPANT thing that was happening, then you WOULD hear about it EACH and every week the league fined a player for doing an "illegal block by the Broncos AGAIN." But you don't. WHY? Because we CUT block and do not illegally CHOP-Block. The Defensive lineman on the opposing teams my not like it...but TOUGH! Get over it, and play football. Until I see FACTs that SHOW that we make MORE illegal Chop-blocks, and get more penalties for doing illegal blocking than any other team in the league, then I'm just going to blow the whining off as just that... WHINING.

Speaking of Whining. Whats up with the poor NJG
                              B!tching because the new coach is keeping them an hour too long at their camps? WHAaaaaaa... I guess 4-12 teams are supposed to get some easy treatment. I guess they figure that the successful teams like NE, Dallas, TB, Baltimore, & KC have such a problem because of having the slacking coach that isn't strict? I can't STAND players that GRIPE like that when they are a LOSING team.. and don't want to work a lil harder this year. Damnit, they get paid SO much money, and they want to GRIPE for an hour or so a DAY extra work?? Let them lose like they deserve.

Comment

Working...
                              X