No announcement yet.

best running back of alltime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without a doubt, Jim Brown was by far the greatest running back of all time. Hands down! No contest!

Jim Brown won the NFL Rushing title 8 times, which is TWICE as many as any other rusher in NFL history and he only played 9 seasons. There is a 5 way tie for #2 in lifetime NFL rushing titles. Steve Van Buren, OJ Simpson, Eric ****erson, Emitt Smith and Barry Sanders each won it 4 times.

Jim Brown also had the highest average gain per rush of all-time, 5.2 ypc, and is also the alltime leader in touchdowns per game, 1.07.

And don't forget, Jim Brown retired when he was only 29. The only way anybody ever beat Jim Brown was by playing longer but no one has ever played better.
    Last edited by Aardwolf; 11-22-2003, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Greatest RB

U are forgetting----> Eric ****erson. If the guy played in LA the entire time, he would have 22 thousand yards right now. He played on some bad teams. I have never saw anything like ****erson, but I didnt see him toooooo much. Im almost 27, so I was somewhat young when he broke in. He is the man though.
      chad c

Comment

I don't know if barry would have been any better on a better team. The reason he ran like he did was cause he was running for his life most of the time. He is probably the best back though i think if BO Jackson finished his career and woulnd't have played baseball, there is your greatest back of all time. He was a freak of nature.

Comment

Honorable Mention: Earl Campbell. Maybe not the *best* back ever, but the guy was fun to watch, when he'd break one.
          "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Not a one of you mentioned OJ Simpson. Sure he is a murderer but a damn good RB.

Comment

come on guys....#1=portis
              #2=davis....ect....do u feel me?!
              -RyAn-

Comment

Originally posted by Crazie
                Not a one of you mentioned OJ Simpson. Sure he is a murderer but a damn good RB.
                I mentioned Simpson.

Comment

Re: Greatest RB

Originally posted by ChadCollins
                  U are forgetting----> Eric ****erson. If the guy played in LA the entire time, he would have 22 thousand yards right now. He played on some bad teams. I have never saw anything like ****erson, but I didnt see him toooooo much. Im almost 27, so I was somewhat young when he broke in. He is the man though.
                  Uh, excuse me but how can you say I "forgot" someone that I credited with winning 4 NFL Rushing titles?

However, all that "If..." stuff proves nothing other than the guy was NOT the greatest, merely had great potential.

However, you DO make a good point. You NEVER saw Jim Brown play. Well, I saw BOTH Jim Brown and Eric ****erson and ****erson was a mere fart in the wind compared to Jim Brown.
                  Last edited by Aardwolf; 11-24-2003, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X