X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoda
    replied
    Originally posted by GoDenver
    was this thread called greetings from thailand? if so, made any shoes lately? my bad.. thats taiwan, carry on.
    A smart ass you are. But funny you can be.

Leave a comment:

• Arkansas Falcon
    replied
    Welcome from a Falcons fan that just recently registered here.

Leave a comment:

• frenchfan
    replied
    Re: Greetings from Titanland

Originally posted by titanfan24
    What's up everybody. Just a Titans fan looking for some good football talk. I know Bronco fans are among the most loyal, knowledgeable fans in the league and I'm glad to be joining in here. I've always admired Elway and my team's QB reminds me a lot of him in their physical ability, toughness, and ability to carry a team. Anyways, I look forward to chatting with everyone.
    Welcome !

I'm not a Titan fan, but I like the team. Mc Nair is a tough guy and a great QB. I think Titans were near to defeat Patriots in last year's playoff (too bad).

Hope to have good boards with you, but Broncos rules !

A french Broncos fan.

Leave a comment:

• GoDenver
    replied
    was this thread called greetings from thailand? if so, made any shoes lately? my bad.. thats taiwan, carry on.

Leave a comment:

• titanfan24
    replied
    I like Rocky Calmus, but he's injury prone. This is a fish or cut bait year for him. He has the heart and instincts, but he always finds a way to get hurt. Hopefully, he'll have a big year.

Leave a comment:

• Qistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by titanfan24
    Robaire Smith and Justin McCareins are bigger losses than Jevon Kearse. True, you can't replace Kearse's physical ability, but the guy's stats have declined each year since his rookie year and he hasn't played "healthy" except for a handful of games early last year. We went to the AFC title game last season basically without him in 2002 and he was MIA this year in the playoffs. I wish him well, but the team had no choice but to let him go. His case was one of diminishing returns (even though he could have a big year in Philly). I think the team did well drafting Travis LaBoy, Antwan Odon, and Bo Schoebel to kind of generate a pass rush by commitee to team with Carlos Hall (who had 8 sacks in 2002) to bring heat. Smith was the glue to the interior defensive line. The guy is a grinder and played every play at 100%. His leadership will certainly be missed. Luckily, Kevin Carter looks like he'll move inside to tackle to team with Albert Haynesworth and anchor the interior line. Haynesworth has been in the doghouse about not participating in the offseason program, but he showed up one day after Steve McNair told John Clayton that he wasn't happy about him not being there. When Fat Albert is healthy and happy, Casey Hampton and Marcus Stroud are the only run stuffers in the AFC better. I think he'll come through big. McCareins is a big loss because he did a lot of different things. He returned kicks and punts at times, played all three WR positions, and was a solid special teamer. However, last year we drafted Tyrone Calico and he had a good early part of last year before he hit the wall. He's a freak of nature and if he can be more consistent, he'll team with Derrick Mason and Drew Bennett to give Mac9 a better than average WR corps. We had a great draft getting Troupe (who I thought you guys would draft), Randy Starks, and the before mentioned defensive ends. Eddie George is the wild card here, I think he's staying, but it will only be as a platoon situation with Chris Brown. Its obvious that EG's best days are years behind him. The issue here is that George is a warrior, who rain or shine, will be there at Noon on Sunday. He'll pick up the blitz and he generally doesn't fumble. Chris Brown, as you all know from his days at CU, is a really good back, but he can't stay healthy. He couldn't even stay healthy at Colorado. He pulled his hammy in training camp and never really got back on track until the playoffs, where he had a really good game against Baltimore. Fisher and Floyd Reese are very loyal to Eddie and I think they will get something worked out. however, its obvious his role will change.

hey titanfan, what do you guys think of rocky calmus? do you think he is a stud? maybe your own little secret, b/c he might not have all the athletic ability in the world but he is one of the smartest lb's i've ever seen, so much natural instincts.

Leave a comment:

• titanfan24
    replied
    Robaire Smith and Justin McCareins are bigger losses than Jevon Kearse. True, you can't replace Kearse's physical ability, but the guy's stats have declined each year since his rookie year and he hasn't played "healthy" except for a handful of games early last year. We went to the AFC title game last season basically without him in 2002 and he was MIA this year in the playoffs. I wish him well, but the team had no choice but to let him go. His case was one of diminishing returns (even though he could have a big year in Philly). I think the team did well drafting Travis LaBoy, Antwan Odon, and Bo Schoebel to kind of generate a pass rush by commitee to team with Carlos Hall (who had 8 sacks in 2002) to bring heat. Smith was the glue to the interior defensive line. The guy is a grinder and played every play at 100%. His leadership will certainly be missed. Luckily, Kevin Carter looks like he'll move inside to tackle to team with Albert Haynesworth and anchor the interior line. Haynesworth has been in the doghouse about not participating in the offseason program, but he showed up one day after Steve McNair told John Clayton that he wasn't happy about him not being there. When Fat Albert is healthy and happy, Casey Hampton and Marcus Stroud are the only run stuffers in the AFC better. I think he'll come through big. McCareins is a big loss because he did a lot of different things. He returned kicks and punts at times, played all three WR positions, and was a solid special teamer. However, last year we drafted Tyrone Calico and he had a good early part of last year before he hit the wall. He's a freak of nature and if he can be more consistent, he'll team with Derrick Mason and Drew Bennett to give Mac9 a better than average WR corps. We had a great draft getting Troupe (who I thought you guys would draft), Randy Starks, and the before mentioned defensive ends. Eddie George is the wild card here, I think he's staying, but it will only be as a platoon situation with Chris Brown. Its obvious that EG's best days are years behind him. The issue here is that George is a warrior, who rain or shine, will be there at Noon on Sunday. He'll pick up the blitz and he generally doesn't fumble. Chris Brown, as you all know from his days at CU, is a really good back, but he can't stay healthy. He couldn't even stay healthy at Colorado. He pulled his hammy in training camp and never really got back on track until the playoffs, where he had a really good game against Baltimore. Fisher and Floyd Reese are very loyal to Eddie and I think they will get something worked out. however, its obvious his role will change.

Leave a comment:

• Ohio Broncos
    replied
    Welcome.....

I got a cousin who's a Titan fan. He's a stand up guy. Matter of fact, when we play Madden it's always his Titans against my Broncos. Anyway...

How bad do you think the loss of Jevon Kearse will affect your defense? And what's the word on Eddie George is he gone or will he take a pay cut?

Good to have you here.

Leave a comment:

• EddyMac87
    replied
    welcome...

Leave a comment:

• titanfan24
    started a topic Greetings from Titanland

Greetings from Titanland

What's up everybody. Just a Titans fan looking for some good football talk. I know Bronco fans are among the most loyal, knowledgeable fans in the league and I'm glad to be joining in here. I've always admired Elway and my team's QB reminds me a lot of him in their physical ability, toughness, and ability to carry a team. Anyways, I look forward to chatting with everyone.
Working...
X