No announcement yet.

Best Defense in the league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well...maybe if the old Madden Curse holds up it will come true !
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jim
      Well...maybe if the old Madden Curse holds up it will come true !
      hahah, forgot about that...

Comment

True... Al may have more tackles this year... IF Ray gets injured... but Ray would still be considered better *chuckles*..and still would probably be voted into the pro-bowl

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
          How can you not put the ravens and eagles on the poll. Good question just wrong teams on poll. Chefs dont belong
          God im sry guyz. I just got home from skool, wanted to see if my "post reply" still worked because somedays it says i cant. So my bad

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
            God im sry guyz. I just got home from skool, wanted to see if my "post reply" still worked because somedays it says i cant. So my bad
            haha, it's okay, we might forgive you...

Comment

Originally posted by Jim
              Al Wilson is going to top Ray Lewis this year and become the #1 MLB in the league! You just wait and see, wait and see....
              I dont think we have the defensive tackles Wilson needs to dethrown Lewis. Although it would be nice to see him on the level with lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!!
                True... Al may have more tackles this year... IF Ray gets injured... but Ray would still be considered better *chuckles*..and still would probably be voted into the pro-bowl
                Ray Lewis would definitely be selected to the pro bowl, on marketing alone. He wouldn't even have to play a down this year to make it. He is now the most highly marketed figure in the NFL, and that means he is in the minds of more people. That translates directly into a pro bowl selection, because it is simply a popularity contest. It really has no direct reflection of how good a player is, other than the indirect means that a player gets more press the 'better' he is. I guarantee the media could hype up even the most modest player in the league to a pro bowl selection if they chose to do so.
                Last edited by Perry1977; 05-11-2004, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Oh, and by the way, I picked the Patriots. Especially adding Wilfork. This is a defense that gels to the max. As far as potential goes, Denver could easily be the best defense in the NFL this year, but only if they develop that continuity and fluidity that any good team requires. Lets hope they do it! I think with the veteran additions of (especially) Lynch, Bailey, Ellis etc; it is a strong possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
                    Ray Lewis would definitely be selected to the pro bowl, on marketing alone. He wouldn't even have to play a down this year to make it. He is now the most highly marketed figure in the NFL, and that means he is in the minds of more people. That translates directly into a pro bowl selection, because it is simply a popularity contest. It really has no direct reflection of how good a player is, other than the indirect means that a player gets more press the 'better' he is. I guarantee the media could hype up even the most modest player in the league to a pro bowl selection if they chose to do so.
                    I think lewis deserves more credit than that. He beat the giants by himself in the sb. Also when they dismantled the ravens he kept the D strong. I do agree with you that they market certain players(including lewis). The differance is Lewis gets it done. I think Wilson is better than Urlacher, but Urlacher gets all the hype.

Comment

come on perry!! lewis gets in because of hype? errr.......NO!! its because he plays great every year. he is the best linebacker of all time IMO. he lifts his D 100%, can cover and is always around the ball and hits hard!!! he has a gr8 presence too.

i love denver and our D can compete for the #2 spot because any1 who knows football will put the ravens as the #1 D in a heartbeat. they are a long way ahead of every1 else on D.

Comment

I think they could market any player and get him into the Pro-bowl... its just a popularity contest... especially since they let the public start voting.

But Ray Lewis IS the best football player in the league...

Comment

I think they could market any player and get him into the Pro-bowl... its just a popularity contest... especially since they let the public start voting.

True that

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
                            come on perry!! lewis gets in because of hype? errr.......NO!! its because he plays great every year. he is the best linebacker of all time IMO. he lifts his D 100%, can cover and is always around the ball and hits hard!!! he has a gr8 presence too.

i love denver and our D can compete for the #2 spot because any1 who knows football will put the ravens as the #1 D in a heartbeat. they are a long way ahead of every1 else on D.
                            Man, you people really need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills. Where did I say Lewis wasn't a good linebacker? I was simply making a point about people describing players as 'pro bowl' this or that. I could have just as easily used Donovan McNabb, Terrell Owens, etc. You don't think Shannon Sharpe deserved to go last year?

Edit: There, I added Ravage's quote so hopefully it makes more sense now. the point: Ray Lewis would go to the pro bowl even if he was hurt all year. Argue that, prz.
                            Last edited by Perry1977; 05-11-2004, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Thank you. At least Ravage understood it. =p

Comment

This is hard because we have not been proven yet with our new players.

Being honest, I would have to give the nod to Baltimore as first.
                                Patriots at this time would come in second.
                                Panthers/Steelers as third.
                                Then maybe Denver.

I love what the Broncos have done in the off season on defense, but we have to see how everyone works together and see how good Denver can become. Being good on paper and on the field is two different things.

The funny part of this whole reply, is someone called me a "homer" in another thread, just because I am a "fan".
                                Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Working...
                                X