Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncos4ever
    replied
    I put the Steelers in there because they throw you so many different looks with their 3-4. I realize they are not as good as they used to be, but they are tough. Denver's offense always has a hard time against them.

Leave a comment:

• Ohio Broncos
    replied
    Originally posted by Perry1977
    Yes, lol, 1 dude cant make an entire defense!
    Maybe, but if you take that dude out, you have a very ordinary defense......

Leave a comment:

• Perry1977
    replied
    I guess it can be built around one player though, kinda like the Falcon's Offense!

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    ok, the n.e. D is quite close but the ravens still have the best D IMO.

and i still think ray lewis is the best football player and best lb of all time.

Leave a comment:

• Perry1977
    replied
    Yes, lol, 1 dude cant make an entire defense!

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Hmmm... Ray Lewis.. Ray Lewis... is there anyone else that matters?

Leave a comment:

• Perry1977
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!!
    The BALTIMORE Defense WAS one of the best ever when it won the Super Bowl.....

Not anymore. They lost a lot over the years in FA and retirements. They aren't the same D they used to be. They are NOT MILES ahead of everyone else in the league. I can't say they were better than the TB defense when TB won the SB.
    Agreed. How much of that Ravens Superbowl D is even left?

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    The BALTIMORE Defense WAS one of the best ever when it won the Super Bowl.....

Not anymore. They lost a lot over the years in FA and retirements. They aren't the same D they used to be. They are NOT MILES ahead of everyone else in the league. I can't say they were better than the TB defense when TB won the SB.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    absolutly... just like everyone saying the addition of Wilfork will BOOST the NE defense. It looks good on paper.. but no one knows if he's going to translate into a good NFL DL...

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    how can the steelers be at #3?!! the n.e. D is very good but cannot touch baltimores, this shouldnt even be debatable because the ravens D is 1 of the best ever and MILES ahead in the nfl.

Leave a comment:

• broncos4ever
    replied
    This is hard because we have not been proven yet with our new players.

Being honest, I would have to give the nod to Baltimore as first.
    Patriots at this time would come in second.
    Panthers/Steelers as third.
    Then maybe Denver.

I love what the Broncos have done in the off season on defense, but we have to see how everyone works together and see how good Denver can become. Being good on paper and on the field is two different things.

The funny part of this whole reply, is someone called me a "homer" in another thread, just because I am a "fan".

Leave a comment:

• Perry1977
    replied
    I think they could market any player and get him into the Pro-bowl... its just a popularity contest... especially since they let the public start voting.

But Ray Lewis IS the best football player in the league...
    Thank you. At least Ravage understood it. =p

Leave a comment:

• Perry1977
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003
    come on perry!! lewis gets in because of hype? errr.......NO!! its because he plays great every year. he is the best linebacker of all time IMO. he lifts his D 100%, can cover and is always around the ball and hits hard!!! he has a gr8 presence too.

i love denver and our D can compete for the #2 spot because any1 who knows football will put the ravens as the #1 D in a heartbeat. they are a long way ahead of every1 else on D.
    Man, you people really need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills. Where did I say Lewis wasn't a good linebacker? I was simply making a point about people describing players as 'pro bowl' this or that. I could have just as easily used Donovan McNabb, Terrell Owens, etc. You don't think Shannon Sharpe deserved to go last year?

Edit: There, I added Ravage's quote so hopefully it makes more sense now. the point: Ray Lewis would go to the pro bowl even if he was hurt all year. Argue that, prz.
    Last edited by Perry1977; 05-11-2004, 03:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bleedbluorange
    replied
    I think they could market any player and get him into the Pro-bowl... its just a popularity contest... especially since they let the public start voting.

True that

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X