Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Clayton breaks down our running game on ESPN News.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE]Originally posted by eastcoastbrawla
    [B]You'd say Bell, but Q hardly played. First off, Q averaged more than CP in the playoff game and they got the same amount of carries,

That was one game. Are you insinuating that TD (who I feel was the #2 running back of all time behind Barry) never had a bad game where he averaged less than 4 ypc. You can't base a guys ability to play in this league off one game. Season wide CP averaged over 5 whereas Q averaged around what 3.4. You have to look at total package. IMO Griffin will never be anything but a situational back like Ronnie Harmon was for the Chargers. He is a great change of pace back but I don't ever see him as an every down starter
    Rebuilding sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by rich5368
      You can't base a guys ability to play in this league off one game. Season wide CP averaged over 5 whereas Q averaged around what 3.4. You have to look at total package.
      That's a very good point you make....Very good....But wasn't Portis the first string back? Wouldn't he get more carries and more of a chance to gain more yards per carry than whomever played a backup role? Wouldn't the backup be behind a second string line if he did come in towards the end of a game? Point being, you can't judge anything about anyone in that scenario. Every running back on the roster is going to get a chance to prove that they can handle the load, and that won't be determined until God knows when. Could be training camp, could be around game 3 or 4. Who knows? We all just have to wait to see what happens in training camp and the preseason games. Then, and only then we will all be able to make more informed decisions on who should be the running back of the future for the boys in Orange and Blue.....
      "If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward." - Jack Handey

Comment

Originally posted by GrovelingIdiot
        That's a very good point you make....Very good....But wasn't Portis the first string back? Wouldn't he get more carries and more of a chance to gain more yards per carry than whomever played a backup role? Wouldn't the backup be behind a second string line if he did come in towards the end of a game? Point being, you can't judge anything about anyone in that scenario. Every running back on the roster is going to get a chance to prove that they can handle the load, and that won't be determined until God knows when. Could be training camp, could be around game 3 or 4. Who knows? We all just have to wait to see what happens in training camp and the preseason games. Then, and only then we will all be able to make more informed decisions on who should be the running back of the future for the boys in Orange and Blue.....
        You also make a good point except for the fact that Q played quite a bit as the feature back for the 5 games that Portis missed during the year. Only in Indy did he have a good game. the rest of the time he was mediocre. I just don't understand why everyone is puttin so much hype on him. And by the way, unless you're in preaseason, if you're not winning by 30 the starting o-line never comes out.
        Rebuilding sucks.

Comment

You also make a good point except for the fact that Q played quite a bit as the feature back for the 5 games that Portis missed during the year. Only in Indy did he have a good game. the rest of the time he was mediocre. I just don't understand why everyone is puttin so much hype on him. And by the way, unless you're in preaseason, if you're not winning by 30 the starting o-line never comes out.
          I must've been sleeping in those '5 games that Portis missed'.....can you please tell me which ones?
          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah I must have missed some of those 5 games too. And MA was the backup RB for the games CP missed at the start of the season so you can throw those out. Quite hatin', I can't wait to see everyone throw down or get out, we've got too many heads to keep in the stall and I bet they're chomping at the bit. Q's got something to prove against all the people who don't believe he'll be able to carry the load (totally disagree with this, he weighs just as much as CP did in his rookie year and no one complained about Portis being too small then, and he has like 4 inches on Q so he's much thicker) and of course Bell will want to prove his worth as a second round pick and as the man used with the pick we got from the 'Skins which we in turn used coincidentally on another RB. I'm only concerned with his fumbling problems and lack of lower body bulk. And until I see him consistently run tough and play to that impressive Combine performance (I'm sure everyone knows but 4.37 40, and a position high 25 bench reps of 225 lbs) I'll have my doubts as everyone should. Plus I didn't see him play at all in College. He did rush for over 1,000 yards twice in a tough conference while missing some time with injuries, but as far as individual games and performances or an overview anyone who's seen him I'd be thrilled to hear more. Personally I hope GH won't be more than a third down, pass blocking, guy who can catch but also pick up the dirty yards kinda guy. I think we just have too much young talent at RB and he's had a laundry list of injuries. And this is of course excluding the likes of Santonio Beard, Ahmaad Galloway and MA or Reuben (but I think the last two will stay at FB). Who knows? Gonna be fun to watch the battle play out.

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange
              I recall he was untouched.
              No, he was not "untouched." They were running passing drills, and he got tripped up with another reciever with their shins colliding together, thus, breaking the smaller bone in his lower leg.
              I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

Comment

if Q had 94 carries all year, and a third of them came in one game how would he have been the feature back in five other games? if he only made appearnces in those 5 other games that 10 carries per game, but he made appearences in 10 total games so his carry per game would go down to 5 per game so i dont consider 5 carries per game being a feature back. but then you take it a step furter, out of the 66 carries left on the season he had 24 in the GB game which takes it down to 8 games and 42 carries left. which comes down tooo what? 5 carries per game thats right. Q averaged 5 yds per carry the last three games, including the GB game where there were no other staters there to take the pressure off. as i recall he had the first 30+ yrds of total offense for the broncos in that game. portis averaged 4.0 a carry against "the crappy D" of the colts, where as Q averaged 4.8 in the regular season game and 10 ypc in the playoff game where portis averaged 4. Q is a great player and if he starts will have a great season.

I count 3 pokes it takes to bring Q down!! Q is the Man

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                  I just hope that whoever starts does well. Hopefully the competition will bring out the best in both of them.
                  That's it. That's all I care about.
                  Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by eastcoastbrawla
                    You'd say Bell, but Q hardly played. First off, Q averaged more than CP in the playoff game and they got the same amount of carries, and 2nd of all, TATUM NEVER PLAYED AT ALL!
                    Q averaging per carry really tell the whole story. By the time Q starting getting carries the game was over competitively speaking, so all Indy had to was concentrate on rushing the passer.
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                      Q averaging per carry really tell the whole story. By the time Q starting getting carries the game was over competitively speaking, so all Indy had to was concentrate on rushing the passer.
                      What about the week 16 game?
                      I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

Comment

Working...
                      X