who was a harder hitter lott or atwater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who was a harder hitter lott or atwater

i just wanted to throw this question out there because i cant decide on it myself

Atwater

My biased opinion tells me Atwater was the bigger hitter. He was my favorite Bronco player from the '90s, too.

His wipeout collision at the end of the DEN/GB Superbowl is still one of my favorite plays of all-time. It was big!

Comment

Atwater. That hit he put on Christian Okoye, really put him on the map with the rest of the NFL, we already knew about him.
      Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Never been hit by either of them. Couldn't tell you.
        Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

I'll take someone else's word for it. I don't wanna get hit by either of 'em.

Comment

I had a buddy who was playing for the Bungels back in the 80's and he was hit by Dennis Smith who put him out of football... so I would say Dennis Smith...
            Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

I'd take a hit from Atwater anyday

Of course my UNbiased opinion is for Atwater, but they both could lay the funk pretty damn good..........

What I wouldnt give to have him and DS49 in our secondary right now, could you imagine?????????????

Comment

Lott
                Friends dont let friends vote for Democrats.

Comment

Lott...but the hits Lott did would leave him broke today by today's saftey of the player

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                  2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

They both were big hitters, I would hate to live on the difference. However, when you think of Atwater you think of the hit in the Superbowl and the one on Okoye, Lott I can't think of hits that bare his signature.
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

When I played football..I wore #27 and hit like Lott...so...they both inspired me =)

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                      2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

I think Atwater hit harder...but I don't know if he hit MORE payers harder...Lott was always knocking out the player he hit and himself in many instances...Atwater was just usually knocking out other guys.....
                        Originally posted by boltzpride619
                        What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                        True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

How about Dennis Smith?

Surely, there are some Broncos fans who remember Dennis Smith(#49). If I remember correctly, atwater and smith even played together a couple years. I know he didn't have the numbers atwater and lott had, but in my opinion, he was the hardest hitter.

...Thanks for reminding me about he atwater/Okoye hit! I had forgotten

Comment

tj

you can also throw tom jackson in there he was a maddog back in his days

Comment

Atwater hit like a freight-train! The hit on Okoye was legendary. I even remember Atwater's nickname back then..."The Smilin' Assassin". I'd pay BIG $$$ to see Atwater hit T. Owens just ONCE. "The Answer" would become "The Question" (Where the **** am I? Has the game started yet?) in a big hurry.

Dennis Smith & he did indeed play together (for several years, in fact, as I recall). The 2 of them were called the biggest hitting pair of safeties in the league, many times, by the Bronco-hating commentators back then.

And just for good measure, lets not forget Karl Mecklenburg (sp?) while we're remembering Tom Jackson.
                              "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

Working...
                              X