Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current Or Old School Broncos Uniforms, Or Would You Change It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Or Old School Broncos Uniforms, Or Would You Change It?

I don't know about you guys but I really, really, really miss the Old School uniforms. Not that I hate the ones we have right now. But I guess it's just all these throwbacks jerseys I keep seeing and I look at them now and I'm like, "Why did we ever change uniforms?" I miss the D with the Bronco logo. I understand why we had to change the logo because on the left side of the helmet the D would face the back side of the helmet. But I just missed it. They looked so beautiful when we played the Dallas Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day. I think I was most thankful for bringing back those uniforms that day. So if I had it my way I'd want the old uniforms back.

With the current ones that we have now. I just want to change it a little bit. I wish our new orange jersey would be our home jersey and have the blue one be our alternat jersey. With the white away jersey I'd change a lil' bit of it. I'd leave the sides blue but have the numbers in orange with a blue trim to outline the numbers to give the uniform a livelier look. And everything else as it is.

I think we just have too much blue and not enough orange. I just want to see more orange on our uniforms.

I dont like the old Denver logo! The new one makes it look more sleek and badass . I just wish they would wear those bright orange jerseys more often, those are too kewl for skewl, and they fit the Broncos better then blue!
    sigpic

Comment

I like the blues better.... the orange was great, but it was a time for a change, and hey what a way to usher in the change with back to back Superbowls. I like the blue on blue that we wore last year over the alternative jersey.
      The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

The more I see the blue on blue the more I go yuck.

I really like the 3rd jerseys that are orange. Now that was a cool jersey. I think we need to adopt that jersey for at least 4 home games.

Carolina does the same with their powder blue jerseys.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

AO are you just trying to go against me?

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
            AO are you just trying to go against me?
            You know it!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
            2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Maybe it's because our orange ones look close to the Dolphins orange ones...?

http://www.ssur.org/news/items/2003/...Dolphins04.jpg
              sigpic

Comment

They looked more like Salmon than Dolphins when they wore those... horrible hust horrible. :o

Comment

Ilike the blue on blue.. and I like the Orange a Lot too..... I know you have to have the uniform colors turned in before the season. I don't think you can have all kinds of jersey colors used. But I don't know what the rules are. Having the Orange for Four of the home games would be cool though..especially on any prime time games. I think orange numbers on white wouldn't look very good...and I LOVE the new logo. I don't think the change had to do with the "D" facing towards the back of the helmet. I think it was just time for a change to more modern logos, and for a marketing change. Look how many Denver Bronco fans had to update their memorabilia!!

Plus.. we won 2 bowls after changing. I think we should have changed in '96!

Comment

Ilike the blue on blue.. and I like the Orange a Lot too..... I know you have to have the uniform colors turned in before the season. I don't think you can have all kinds of jersey colors used. But I don't know what the rules are. Having the Orange for Four of the home games would be cool though..especially on any prime time games. I think orange numbers on white wouldn't look very good...and I LOVE the new logo. I don't think the change had to do with the "D" facing towards the back of the helmet. I think it was just time for a change to more modern logos, and for a marketing change. Look how many Denver Bronco fans had to update their memorabilia!!

Plus.. we won 2 bowls after changing. I think we should have changed in '96!
                    Well, having the orange numbers for the white away jersey will look a lot better. Bright color numbers look great on white uniforms. If you look at the Giants and Falcons white jerseys they have bright red numbers and it brings out the jersey more. So if you add the orange onto the numbers with the Broncos white jersey it will look great with the blue on the sides of the jersey and the name on the back staying blue. Plus with the helmet being blue the orange will stick out more. Maybe this has something to do with me being a New York Knicks Fan. Because their home white jerseys have orange numbers with the blue on the sides and they look absolutely gorgeous to me. I just love complementing different colors together. But that's just my opinion on the whole thing.

Comment

I'd like to see our logo on maybe the side sleeves like the eagles, dolphins, and bucs have.
                      2 parts of the #1 defence in the NFL !!!

Comment

I liked the new logo when it was first introduced but I hated the navy blue. It made it look too close to Bears colors. That really sucks when your over here in Iowa(Bears fans everywhere), I woulda kept the Royal Blue.
                        Last edited by The Dark Knight; 05-12-2004, 05:39 AM.

Comment

I like the current logo/uniform also. Does anyone know who made our logo, I would like to find that out.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco16
                            I like the current logo/uniform also. Does anyone know who made our logo, I would like to find that out.
                            Nike designed the uniforms, not sure if they designed the logo. I remember when the unis came out there was a big flack b/c the pant stripe looks to be in a big swoosh.

And I like the blue on blue now, but I hated it in the beginning. I remember the first preseason game was against the Dolphins that year and I thought they looked ridiculous. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Broncos the first NFL team in the new wave of unis to use a solid color.

But we never saw them again until Monday night last year against the Raiders. Maybe the fact that the Broncos pounded them so badly is why I have grown to love the blue on blue.

Comment

Originally posted by kenoyripsit28
                              I'd like to see our logo on maybe the side sleeves like the eagles, dolphins, and bucs have.
                              yea i agree, i think the tops would look a lot better with the new logo on the sleeves. it just makes the tops a bit more personalised to the broncos! and also being from merry old england where nobody knows anythin about american footie it would make the jersey more identifiable!
                              also i gota say that i love the new logo!

Comment

Working...
                              X