Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for the Titans offseason stuff, their draft looked like this
    1. Tradeded down for additional picks
    2. Ben Troupe, TE, Florida. I remember tons of people here wanted him, although I was never too crazy about the guy. I remember on the draft one of the commentators said he had the best hands in the draft but I think that's a stretch. But the guy can't block, so he's somewhat one dimensional and can't immediately fill that void of Wycheck leaving.
    2. Travis LaBoy, DE, Hawaii. Tough guy with a motor that's always at top speed. A little undersized but strong. First of the barrage of d lineman drafted to replace R. Smith and Kearse.
    2. Antwan Odom, DE, Alabama. Good pass rusher, very athletic, compared to Mike Rucker of the Panthers by some, but Ends generally use one move in College to dominate and take a few years to adjust to the NFL.
    3. Randy Starks, DT, Maryland. Denver was supposedly high on this guy but there must've been some reason why he dropped so far. Some were considering him a late first or early second round talent.
    3. Rich Gardner, CB, Penn State. Overacheiving CB with a ton of heart and hustle, but not incredible measurables. Great instincts. Should provide very solid depth, he reminds me of Kelly Herndon on Denver.
    4. Bo Schobel, DE, Texas Christian. This guy was a dominating player in the smaller conference he played in, also comes from a good NFL gene pool (has two brothers in the NFL, one is a TE for Cincy and the other is a D lineman for Buffalo).
    4. Mike Waddell, CB, N. Carolina. Guy has great speed but is a finesse cornerback.

Those are the most notable acquisitions, they did add another DT in the 7th, but one of the players they acquired I loved and though would have been an abolutely perfect fit in Denver's offense. His name is Troy Flemming and he played FB at Tennessee, but the guy is built like a HB (6-0, 230 lbs, sub 4.6 40) and I believe was just lost in the system and misused. I saw him play at runningback in the Blue Grey Game (senior college game) and he totally looked like TD, bigger and maybe a little bit slower, but has elite vision and is a one-cut and go kind of runner, also is a bruiser who breaks tackles and can run up the gut. I think he might push Brown to replace George if given the chance.

Comment

Working...
    X