No announcement yet.

Henry almost out of drug program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sure Shanny will have a word with Travis Henry and make sure he stays away from drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWookieeBronco
      I am sure Shanny will have a word with Travis Henry and make sure he stays away from drugs.
      Probably more than a word. How bout a million or two $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampWJ
        I hope so. This article gave me a sense of relief because I was real worried about Henry getting a year long suspension. However, if he's clean after week 3, he's out of the leagues substance abuse program.
        But could be back in it by week 5 if he does something stupid again. Lets hope shanny has a clause in the new contract in case he does.

Comment

Originally posted by PJD
          But could be back in it by week 5 if he does something stupid again. Lets hope shanny has a clause in the new contract in case he does.
          Thats true, but he wouldn't automatically get another suspension. According to the pdf file I linked above, after week 3 (2 years since he got in it), he's treated as someone with no offenses, so the slate gets wiped away, kind of like a ticket on your car insurance or something.

He would go back into stage 1 of the program, which is intervention, and it would take another positive test to get back to the point he is today. I have a feeling that if he's able to stay clean for the 2 years, he's out of the program for good. But we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampWJ
            Thats true, but he wouldn't automatically get another suspension. According to the pdf file I linked above, after week 3 (2 years since he got in it), he's treated as someone with no offenses, so the slate gets wiped away, kind of like a ticket on your car insurance or something.

He would go back into stage 1 of the program, which is intervention, and it would take another positive test to get back to the point he is today. I have a feeling that if he's able to stay clean for the 2 years, he's out of the program for good. But we'll see.
            Lets hope so old habits are hard to break forever. I still hope shanny added a clause in his contract for it, I'd hate to have another dale carter or IHOP gardener contract hanging up cap space.

Comment

bump

Comment

For now...let's just take the man at his word..."I'm just focused on being a good Bronco and helping the team win," he said Monday. :paper:

Comment

Thought i'd give this a bump because this is a slow news day.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKIES
                    For now...let's just take the man at his word..."I'm just focused on being a good Bronco and helping the team win," he said Monday. :paper:
                    And another quote from an article in the DP today:

" "Henry said he has left off-field issues behind him. He was suspended for four games in 2005, his first season with the Titans, for marijuana use. If he tests positive again in the next six months, he will face a one-year suspension. Henry can rotate out of the NFL's substance abuse program this season by staying clean.

"I've had my problems," he said, "but I'm walking a straight line now." "

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5421634

Comment

Originally posted by broncophan View Post
                      Just what the team needs.......................a player that we have to wonder if he is on drugs...................very cautiously optomistic here..............
                      *bump*..........interesting to read some of the past comments about our "star" running back...
                      My 3 favorite teams:
                      1.The Denver Broncos
                      2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
                      3.Any team who plays Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by ChampWJ View Post
                        Saw this over at Denver Post and thought I should post it. Maybe his signing isn't as risky as some made it out to be. Searched and didn't find this posted yet, but sorry if it has. Stay Clean Travis!!

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5371166
                        I only sold him second hand smoke for this reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Henrysdealer View Post
                          I only sold him second hand smoke for this reason.
                          Thanks for looking out for him and us HD.

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
                            Thanks for looking out for him and us HD.
                            My pleasure...........psssst, are you interested in some second-hand smoke? *says in whisper*

Comment

Working...
                            X