Best pre-Shanahan RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best pre-Shanahan RB

Who do you think was the best pre-Shanny running back?

Here's what I think:
    Bobby Humphrey, Sammy Winder and Gaston Green all looked good for a season or two. I think I would say Bobby Humphrey from what I saw. He had some nice moves, similar to Marcus Allen in a way. Plus he came out of nowhere as an undrafted free agent.

Best RB?

Considering the lack of talent in any area that existed when Floyd Little ran the ball I'd say he was a contender for this post.
    This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Comment

Floyd Little had the records but he was the only offense. But I liked Otis Armstrong had some of the quickest moves to the line I ever saw. They'd do a draw with him and he'd blow by the incoming linemen or LB's. He was great back but had problems with Hamstrings, if a I remember correctly.

Comment

Honorable Mention to Gerald Wilhite. He looked so soul - glo 80s-ish with that fab headband!

Comment

Floyd Little was probably the best. Bobby Humphrey looked promising, but by today's Broncos standards he was just average. Speaking of average.... Sammy Winder. He was fairly popular though for some reason.

Gerald Willhite was my favorite player for a while (behind Upchurch); I loved the backflips when he scored. He was very versatile.
          Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Mount-n-Groan
            Floyd Little was probably the best. Bobby Humphrey looked promising, but by today's Broncos standards he was just average. Speaking of average.... Sammy Winder. He was fairly popular though for some reason.

Gerald Willhite was my favorite player for a while (behind Upchurch); I loved the backflips when he scored. He was very versatile.
            Steve Sewell.....he saved our asses more times than I can remember.......oh, and hey.....guess what........he TOO was a sooner.......
            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Floyd Little....

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                Steve Sewell.....he saved our asses more times than I can remember.......oh, and hey.....guess what........he TOO was a sooner.......
                He also fumbled in AFC Championship game in Buffalo killing our last minute, Kubiak winning drive. But all in all I enjoyed watching him play too. With Tuna gone, Someone needs to bust your balls.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI03
                  He also fumbled in AFC Championship game in Buffalo killing our last minute, Kubiak winning drive. But all in all I enjoyed watching him play too. With Tuna gone, Someone needs to bust your balls.
                  Hmmmmmm....and he WAS in Seattle last year.........
                  "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                  tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                  men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X