who are the turf guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who are the turf guys

everyone labels Q a turf guy, I dont know why. He only got one real opportunity and it came on turf. Could someone tell me which backs are turf backs. Is it that all backs that have turf stadiums are turf backs. Those with grass are grass backs. Why does this label exsist?

That's a very good point....Was wondering the same thing.....
    "If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward." - Jack Handey

Comment

Originally posted by GrovelingIdiot
      That's a very good point....Was wondering the same thing.....
      since you are the only one who seems to wonder the same thing. Than I think it is crazy to label Q a turf back. He played on grass in college. Is Holmes a turf back playing on grass? Is McCallister a grass guy on turf?

Comment

TurfMan

I believe that RBs that have the ability to cut on a dime (Barry Sanders) are labled turf guys because turf doesn't give like grass and allows for sharper cuts. Its kind of like horse racing...you always here how a sloppy track may help centain horses over other horses. IMO Q can run on both grass and turf, but running on turf probably gives him an advantage. Hope that helps
        Bronco Fan 4 Life

Comment

Re: TurfMan

Originally posted by EPBroncFan
          I believe that RBs that have the ability to cut on a dime (Barry Sanders) are labled turf guys because turf doesn't give like grass and allows for sharper cuts. Its kind of like horse racing...you always here how a sloppy track may help centain horses over other horses. IMO Q can run on both grass and turf, but running on turf probably gives him an advantage. Hope that helps
          thx I agree

Comment

Originally posted by bleedbluorange
            since you are the only one who seems to wonder the same thing. Than I think it is crazy to label Q a turf back. He played on grass in college. Is Holmes a turf back playing on grass? Is McCallister a grass guy on turf?
            What are you talking about? I wasn't labeling Q a turf back....I was wondering about the term "turf backs" and whether you consider a guy who's more "shifty" a turf back. Thanks for the indepth answer EPBroncFan.
            "If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward." - Jack Handey

Comment

Originally posted by GrovelingIdiot
              What are you talking about? I wasn't labeling Q a turf back....I was wondering about the term "turf backs" and whether you consider a guy who's more "shifty" a turf back. Thanks for the indepth answer EPBroncFan.
              I didnt think you were labeling Q. Just thinking out loud

Comment

I played soccer on it and hated the turf
                Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

A good back must be able to run anywhere.....

Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

|||||Broncos Rulez|||||

Comment

Q is by no means a turf back, he can play on turf as well as grass. However, playing on a turf surface is more beneficial to a guy like Q as compared to say a Ricky Williams because it enhances his particular abilities. Turf is faster than grass and Griffin is obvioulsy more of a speed back than a power back. It is also easier to make cuts on turf because it is less slippery than grass. So the better question to ask is who does playing on turf benefit more? The answer is backs that rely more on speed and shiftiness than on power such as Q, Portis, Michael Bennet, Priest, LT, etc.

Zero Wing, the greatest Japanese to English translation ever...

Comment

Originally posted by Milehigh117
                      Q is by no means a turf back, he can play on turf as well as grass. However, playing on a turf surface is more beneficial to a guy like Q as compared to say a Ricky Williams because it enhances his particular abilities. Turf is faster than grass and Griffin is obvioulsy more of a speed back than a power back. It is also easier to make cuts on turf because it is less slippery than grass. So the better question to ask is who does playing on turf benefit more? The answer is backs that rely more on speed and shiftiness than on power such as Q, Portis, Michael Bennet, Priest, LT, etc.
                      Really good answer and it makes a lot of sense. Do you think the broncos should consider any of that when choosing the #1 back. In other words are bell hearst or anderson better suited for grass.

Comment

Working...
                      X